Official Recruiting Thread II

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 12:40 AM)
Something big is going to happen this week, just has to.

Taylor Rooks was tweeting cryptic stuff yesterday or the day before.

Taylor Rooks @TaylorRooks · 12h

These are the times I wish I could still cover #Illini recruiting! I-L-L ....... ;)

Taylor Rooks @TaylorRooks · 12h

Just that I miss recruiting. There's a lot going on RT "@TGebb31: @TaylorRooks what does this mean?!?!"

Edited by Brian

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 22, 2014 -> 10:57 AM)
Good for Nebraska and hopefully Morrow does well under Miles. I liked Morrow a lot we just didn't have a need for him.

Yeah, who needs someone who is, although shorter than you would want down low, is explosive, active, and plays above the rim, and D'd up Cliff Alexander and Jahlil Okafor successfully last year.

Only down point on Morrow is he can't shoot outside 5 feet.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 05:17 AM)
Yeah, who needs someone who is, although shorter than you would want down low, is explosive, active, and plays above the rim, and D'd up Cliff Alexander and Jahlil Okafor successfully last year.

Only down point on Morrow is he can't shoot outside 5 feet.

Problem with Morrow, from Illinois' standpoint, is that his skill set is basically the exact same as Leron Black (but Black is purportedly a better shooter). So from a standpoint of roster balance, Morrow isn't an ideal fit.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 11:36 AM)
Sounds like something big is going to happen today. I think possibly a Coleman commitment.

Yea the few real insiders on IL (actually legit ones) are saying to expect it today. Huge if that info holds, when's the last Indiana recruit we've gotten?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 01:55 PM)
Are they still non-IHSAA?

Yes, and there is zero chance that changes. They play an incredible national schedule, which wouldn't pass the IHSAA's travel rules. I have no idea what their schedule looks like this year, but it wouldn't shock me if they had a big Chicago team on the schedule.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 02:26 PM)
Just huge news, giant barriers broken with this one: Indiana, top 30 player and out of state, 5 star (at least on 247). BIG BIG BIG news for Groce and the program. Can't wait to see him and Jordan light it up.

I love how we keep getting players out of state. We go after the top Chicago recruits, but we absolutely don't need them like everybody says we do.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 07:08 PM)
I, um, eh, huh?

He's saying that the statement that people like to throw around that Illinois can't get back to the top without the top Chicago players is being tossed aside by Groce as he's clearly getting top 50 out of state players in consistently now and he's still getting great talent from the Chicago area.

It's really good because we aren't as reliant on those Chicago guys now, and it seems our perception is much better outside of the city. Get top out of staters interested and committed and suddenly Illinois looks much better to the in-state kids.