Official Recruiting Thread II

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 6, 2013 -> 01:35 PM)
I dont even look at star numbers anymore. As long as Wisconsin gets reasonable talent, they will have a shot.

Supposedly Andersen was able to keep most recruits from switching so Wisconsin should be fine again, even if they dont have the gaudy star numbers.

Been meaning to ask you... did Bielema take many assistants with him to Arkansas?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Feb 6, 2013 -> 07:17 PM)
Been meaning to ask you... did Bielema take many assistants with him to Arkansas?

Bielema took a good amount from Wisconsin. Only 2 coaches remain from his staff.

For the most part it only hurt because it was late in the game, Andersen did really well and picked up a few interesting guys that werent even on Wisconsin's radar. Wisconsin probably lost 1-3 upper level recruits over this.

But that isnt to bad given the fact that Andersen was only coach from late December.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 6, 2013 -> 07:42 PM)
Bielema took a good amount from Wisconsin. Only 2 coaches remain from his staff.

For the most part it only hurt because it was late in the game, Andersen did really well and picked up a few interesting guys that werent even on Wisconsin's radar. Wisconsin probably lost 1-3 upper level recruits over this.

But that isnt to bad given the fact that Andersen was only coach from late December.

I was just curious if any of the longer standing staff members that had previously stayed when Chryst left, went with him.

Most of the guys who left with Chryst were offensive guys who really had no connection to Bielema.

Bielema took the defensive guys and strength/etc with him. Kind of just bad timing because Wisconsin lost a lot of their old coordinators/assistants the years before when Chryst and Doeren left.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Feb 6, 2013 -> 06:16 PM)
Also, fun fact: The last time a non-SEC school won the national championship, all of these kids signing today were in 5th grade.

Oh, and Rock, I can't believe Bell picked Ohio St. F'n Urban...

You should never have posted this video of you watching the announcement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08E7q8qphyI

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Feb 6, 2013 -> 06:08 PM)
For all of you guys: 247 Sports has a pretty cool team rankings feature where it takes the average rankings of the 4 major sites (Rivals, 247, ESPN, Scout) to get an overall idea of where the industry as a whole has your team ranked:

http://247sports.com/Season/2013-Football/...iteTeamRankings

11 of the top 25 classes are in the SEC. Some of those coaches are gonna have a fun time explaining their under .500 conference record with a top 25 recruiting class.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 7, 2013 -> 11:33 AM)
<!--quoteo(post=2758968:date=Feb 6, 2013 -> 06:16 PM:name=dasox24)-->
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Feb 6, 2013 -> 06:16 PM)
<!--quotec-->Also, fun fact: The last time a non-SEC school won the national championship, all of these kids signing today were in 5th grade.

Oh, and Rock, I can't believe Bell picked Ohio St. F'n Urban...

You should never have posted this video of you watching the announcement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08E7q8qphyI

:lol: I'm surprised I haven't seen that yet, but that sums up my reaction pretty well.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Feb 7, 2013 -> 03:38 PM)
:lol: I'm surprised I haven't seen that yet, but that sums up my reaction pretty well.

I was watching anyway for the excitement, but we had pretty good info we were leading and going to get him. Super stoked, he looked awesome in the all star game.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 7, 2013 -> 04:41 PM)
Remember the Bama butter-face?

Absolutely. I was so disappointed once I saw her face, but man she looked great from behind... This was basically a spoof of the Bama fax cam girl.

As for Bell, I was pretty confident about him until about Monday night when we heard OSU was making a push. At that point I started worrying.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 10, 2013 -> 07:06 PM)
Iowa State offered Sean O'Mara from Benet. I'd compare him to Jack Cooley from ND. Just a junior.

He's visiting Saturday. We could really use him.

In other news, the #1 WR in the class of 2014 is committed - yes - to Iowa State.

Reggie Rose is handling Cliff Alexnder's recruiting and screwing around with things. Cliff wants to go to Michigan State but Reggie holding up commitment somehow. Cliff may have to transfer to prep school to qualify.

• 2 weeks later...

Soph Evan Boudreaux from Lake Forest visiting Wisconsin game tomorrow.

He's a 6'7 forward who played really well this year. Quit football to concentrate on basketball so he's really strong. Biggest worry is he may not grow anymore. Can shoot as well.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 21, 2013 -> 05:03 PM)
Reggie Rose is handling Cliff Alexnder's recruiting and screwing around with things. Cliff wants to go to Michigan State but Reggie holding up commitment somehow. Cliff may have to transfer to prep school to qualify.

I think this is precisely why Crean backed off. I thought for sure he'd be committed to Izzo by now.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 2, 2013 -> 08:34 PM)
How is Sean O'Brien doing?

Beast. Averaging 24 and 12. Its odd cuz he doesn't look like much but I like getting him. Think he was named Daily Herald Player of the Year.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Mar 3, 2013 -> 09:22 AM)
I think this is precisely why Crean backed off. I thought for sure he'd be committed to Izzo by now.

I'm guessing he will go to Izzo eventually and than be 1 and done. The kid is the high school equivelant of a good Dwight Howard.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 6, 2013 -> 09:19 PM)
I got a shout out during the Stevenson-Mundelein webcast today, I felt so honored.

I don't believe you.

SIU should get Jalen Brunson......no? Didnt think so.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Mar 3, 2013 -> 10:22 AM)

http://blogs.suntimes.com/hoopsreport/2013...linois_mak.html

Henricksen with an article today lobbying for Alexander to pick Illinois. Here's hoping Cliff Alexander reads the Sun Times....