Official Recruiting Thread II

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 29, 2013 -> 09:25 AM)
Illinois C Ibby Djimde is transferring according to a source @theRecruitScoop.

1 more schollie free, wouldn't be surprised if Langford and especially Shaw join him in leaving.

Of the three, this was the most expected one.

I hope Langford and Shaw follow, it will help out the ridiculous class imbalance we have right now. They aren't going to get minutes, so it's in their best interest anyway.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 29, 2013 -> 09:32 AM)
Of the three, this was the most expected one.

I hope Langford and Shaw follow, it will help out the ridiculous class imbalance we have right now. They aren't going to get minutes, so it's in their best interest anyway.

Ibby may have stayed because of academics, but yea he was going to play the least amount.

Langford is an intriguing athlete but just doesn't fit well in Groce's system. Shaw definitely doesn't fit as well.

With all the Juco/5th years/2014 recruits that have been rumored, I'm happy that we are getting more flexibility to go after them.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 29, 2013 -> 11:59 AM)
Mike Shaw is also going to transfer. I had heard that as of last week he had asked the coaches if he could stay and they said yes but I know his inner circle was not at all happy about his playing time.

His inner circle shouldn't be happy with the way he has developed since his JR year in HS.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 29, 2013 -> 12:02 PM)
His inner circle shouldn't be happy with the way he has developed since his JR year in HS.

Really since his freshman year of high school IMO. He just isn't very good at basketball right now and if you are a big man who couldn't get any time on this years Illinois team you just aren't good enough to be playing for a good Big 10 team.

Shaw officially leaving as well.

Get some 5th year guys to balance out the roster and stack up on 2014 guys and I won't be upset at all. These guys really didn't play much and may not have played much in the future but we need depth right now.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 29, 2013 -> 12:21 PM)
That is a lot of guys leaving. Hopefully it doesn't spook recruits to see that big of an exodus of current players.

Not worried about that in the least. End of the bench guys that want to go play somewhere, and weren't "his" recruits. Now, if after next year some of his own recruits want to bolt, that could be an issue.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 29, 2013 -> 12:24 PM)
Not worried about that in the least. End of the bench guys that want to go play somewhere, and weren't "his" recruits. Now, if after next year some of his own recruits want to bolt, that could be an issue.

This.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 29, 2013 -> 12:26 PM)
I don't think him playing a lot next year was a guarantee whatsoever.

Yea, Langford just didn't have the shooting ability that Groce needs so I think that was a big concern for playing time.

Shaw and Ibby definitely had no place on the team so glad they transferred out. I think Langford could of been a contributor next year but he would of played limited minutes that will go to Nunn/Hill which probably is for the best.

Would be awesome if with the openings illini can grab Lyle/Alexander in the 2014 class, I have 0 hope when it comes to Okafor.

SIU back on the big man recruiting trail after Dantiel Daniels announced he is transferring(sigh)

offered 6'7" Aaron Adeoye, playing at John A Logan Juco after transferring from Ball St

offered 6'10" Ibrahim Djambo, playing at Three Rivers Juco