Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mackey is out on $10,000 cash bond this morning and has a hearing scheduled for Oct. 16th.

Unless this is all a mistake, there's no way he's going to IU. This is quite shocking to me as I've met the young man and spoken with him. By my accounts, he's a polite and soft-spoken kid. That said, he obviously has problems that need to be addressed and basketball should be the least of his concerns.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Sep 29, 2007 -> 12:46 PM)
Mackey is out on $10,000 cash bond this morning and has a hearing scheduled for Oct. 16th.

Unless this is all a mistake, there's no way he's going to IU. This is quite shocking to me as I've met the young man and spoken with him. By my accounts, he's a polite and soft-spoken kid. That said, he obviously has problems that need to be addressed and basketball should be the least of his concerns.

As much as I want to think he's innocent until proven guilty (or anyone for that matter), he's got to be seen as stupid for putting himself in that position. Dood...just stay away!

1191104359.jpg

Iowa gets commitment from 6-9 260 *** 09 C Brennan Cougill, widely regarded as the top player in the state of Iowa and is somehow the #9 center on Rivals for 09.

Iowa beat out Indiana State, Southern Illinois, Loyola Chicago and UWGB. Iowa State was not likely to offer Cougill.

Sorry, Jason. Kid is fat. Also, more than likely just midmajor talent. Lickliter is having a really tough time recruiting.

His highest rated recruit from 08 is Matt Gatens, who, I have read, "would go to Iowa if Hitler coached there". This is going to be a real test of Lickliter's coaching ability. I like the man, and I think he's a good coach, but Alford left and Iowa basketball reminds me of Iowa football post-Fry.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Sep 28, 2007 -> 10:39 PM)
Happiness can't describe how i feel! Get Crittle now!

the only way the Salukis land Crittle is if a current player leaves. I think Homegrown_Saluki on Salukitalk said that there was going to be a surprise player leaving the program in the next year.

Can you imagine a front line rotation with Booker, fay, and Crittle? Thats some thunder right there

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 30, 2007 -> 02:13 AM)
1191104359.jpg

Iowa gets commitment from 6-9 260 *** 09 C Brennan Cougill, widely regarded as the top player in the state of Iowa and is somehow the #9 center on Rivals for 09.

Iowa beat out Indiana State, Southern Illinois, Loyola Chicago and UWGB. Iowa State was not likely to offer Cougill.

Sorry, Jason. Kid is fat. Also, more than likely just midmajor talent. Lickliter is having a really tough time recruiting.

His highest rated recruit from 08 is Matt Gatens, who, I have read, "would go to Iowa if Hitler coached there". This is going to be a real test of Lickliter's coaching ability. I like the man, and I think he's a good coach, but Alford left and Iowa basketball reminds me of Iowa football post-Fry.

Hmmm, I didnt know he was on our list http://www.salukitalk.net/st/recruiting.php?y=4

Well, just cause it isnt on the list doesnt mean Lowery wasnt looking at him.

Edited by kyyle23

Illinois had four players of 4 star rankings in football recruiting visiting for the Penn State game (as well as basketball recruit Mario Little), so that's obviously a very good thing. Hopefully some verbals will soon follow this weekends fun.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Yes, the Mackey thing is reminisent of JamesOn Curry with Carolina. N.C. immediatly cut ties with him and revoked his scholarship when he was arrested at school for selling narcotics, but Oklahoma State swooped him up anyway and now he is with the Bulls in the NBA. So, this is not a death sentence for Bud's basketball career necersarily, but damn it is a terrible decision on his part. I hope he comes through this in the long run.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

QUOTE(JuiceCruz16 @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 09:41 AM)
Yes, the Mackey thing is reminisent of JamesOn Curry with Carolina. N.C. immediatly cut ties with him and revoked his scholarship when he was arrested at school for selling narcotics, but Oklahoma State swooped him up anyway and now he is with the Bulls in the NBA. So, this is not a death sentence for Bud's basketball career necersarily, but damn it is a terrible decision on his part. I hope he comes through this in the long run.

Yeah the JamesOn Curry situation has actually had a happy ending as by all accounts he has turned his life around. I doubt Mackey goes to IU now but hopefully he gets the same chance.

JamesOn was always a good kid, he just made a bad mistake. He was pestered daily by the undercover cop trying to get him to score him some drugs. Finally JamesOn gave in and talked to somebody he knew about getting the drugs, and then the school had a big drug bust over it. He made a mistake giving in, but it was borderline entrapment.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 03:15 PM)
What type of drugs was he involved with? I'm doubting it was crack cocaine.

It was a massive amount of marijuna (I think) that he got charged with, during a school long undercover operation (6 felony charges) in all. As was stated earlier, there was some question to how the undercover guy conducted himself, but it was a major initial charge of drug trafficking at his high school.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Oct 7, 2007 -> 05:39 PM)
Mario Little chooses Kansas over Illinois and KState..........nice

Least suprising news of the day...Bill Self beats out Bruce Weber for a recruit.

Mario Little didn't want to be stuck behind Jeffrey Jordan next season, so obviously he went to KU.

Illinois also lost 4 star SG Mark McLaughin to Nevada today. It looks like 2005 to Weber=2001 to Turner, just as the 2 are equally "talented" at recruiting. Who will be the basketball program's Ron Zook in a few years and fix things is the question.

Edited by whitesoxfan101