Official Recruiting Thread II

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 29, 2013 -> 10:38 AM)
Actually, yes. You're relying on a bunch of freshman, you lost McClaurin, Griffey (Ekey is maybe a poor man's Griffey) and you also lost Henry, which for this year is huge.

You may be starting Egwu and Ekey with 2 freshman coming off the bench.

Team was carried by seniors, one of them a star. On paper, it's clearly not a better team.

I guess I'm just not a huge pessimist. Rice, against high major schools and Creighton and Wichita St (who were both ranked that year), averaged 16.2 PPG and 6.5 RPG. He had a year off to get into better shape and practice against better athletes. The guy clearly has talent and tied with Abrams and Egwu this year for the team's most improved player award. I guess I just have more faith in the guy that averaged close to 17 and 6 two years ago. He should do an okay job filling Paul's shoes.

It's clear to you that it's not a better team. That's fine. I was saying that it wouldn't surprise me if they did better, I don't know if they will do better. The freshman aren't even on campus yet and Starks hasn't gotten the waiver.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 29, 2013 -> 10:39 AM)
I woukd say it is just the opposite with Bertrand. We've seen it before. The bigger the focal point of the offense he is, the more confidence he gets and the basket is seemingly an ocean. The most shots he has taken in games has been the best and most efficient games he has had fir the most part. Really excited to see what he can do as the team leader If he is healthy. As for Rice, he shot better than any of the departing seniors. We will see how he does vs. The BT.

My minimum expectations, as always, is to make the tournament. This is not a hard feat and shoukd not even be considered much of an accomplishment.

Yep, this is where i'm at. If they don't make the tournament, it's a disappointing season. I don't care who is new/inexperienced/whatever the excuse.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 29, 2013 -> 01:27 PM)
Sounds about right, imo his top 3 (in order):

Duke

OSU

MSU

Bossi (rivals) said Okafor prefers OSU while Jones prefers Duke. Not sure if its opinion or inside information.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 30, 2013 -> 11:58 AM)
Jones not having Ill on his final list hints to me that Okafor is not seriously considering them.

I bet all of them go to different schools. Sometimes these guys say they want to team up, and then they start taking their visits and they ended up liking different schools/coaches.

Rock what's the shelf life on Matta? Didn't I read like 2 seasons ago that he had some really painful back/leg condition? I remember thinking he only had a few seasons left and he all but admitted as much. Maybe I remember it wrong though.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 30, 2013 -> 12:07 PM)
I bet all of them go to different schools. Sometimes these guys say they want to team up, and then they start taking their visits and they ended up liking different schools/coaches.

Rock what's the shelf life on Matta? Didn't I read like 2 seasons ago that he had some really painful back/leg condition? I remember thinking he only had a few seasons left and he all but admitted as much. Maybe I remember it wrong though.

He still does, he wears a pretty heavy brace because he has "drop foot." The reports lately are OSU has made him so comfortable that he could be in as long as 10 years but probably less. They just built him a brand new practice facility this offseason and are giving him alot of freedom to do whatever he wants within his program.

http://m.yahoo.com/w/ygo-frontpage/lp/stor...US&.lang=en

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball...on-stays-active

Second article is the best one on the condition and the surgery that nearly cost him his foot.

Frankly the guy has taken the program to heights never seen before, and I hope he never leaves. However its inevitable. Jeff Boals was someone we thought may be groomed to replace him but he's like the 4th guy we've thought would. s***, Groce was initially one of those.

Edited by RockRaines

I'm dying to know which coach . . .

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-p...-212538419.html

An unnamed elite collegiate coach told Woodbridge (Va.) Senior High senior defensive end Da'Shawn Hand he would get to meet Michael Jackson, the nation's top football recruit told CBSSports.com columnist Bruce Feldman over the weekend (h/t Big Lead).

You know, the same Michael Jackson that died in 2009. The one with the pet monkey.

Q: What is the craziest thing that has happened to you since you've been named the nation's No. 1 recruit?

Hand: Well, I ain't gonna say any names, but one coach told me that since I'm the No. 1 player, I'm gonna get to meet Michael Jackson. I said, "Isn't he already dead?" The coach goes, "Well, all right, you can meet Tito." I was like, all right. OK, I'm done.

It was crazy, but it is what it is.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 03:31 PM)
our insiders were pretty sure we are out. My guess is Lou.

Yea, I was hoping Illinois could sneak in (makes the most sense as a fit for him), but I can't see Lou or Indiana losing him.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 09:21 PM)
I'm sure it's Louisville. Seems Indiana is getting Exum if he elects to play college ball.

Both sound accurate from what I've seen, crazier things have happened. Also Jones looks to be a lock for Duke.

Looks like by most new rankings, that Chicago as the #1 and #2 player in the nation in Okafor and Alexander.

Cliff is fun to watch play. Too bad be is only 6'9 and done growing. Still plays like he is 7 feet though.