Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 27, 2008 -> 10:02 PM)
Indiana Class 3A is good competition, not great. Most people they were the best team in the state regardless of class, however. Memorial, who they beat in the regional has Kyle Kuric which is going to Louisville. But they were not tall. They were 6'3, 6'4, 6'5 at best. Zeller also had a 6'10 or 6'11 teammate so they did tower over some teams. I think the biggest thing to take from it is that his team beat the #1, #2, #3 and #6 teams in the state along the way and he had consistently superior performances.

He'll win Indiana Mr. Basketball and play on the All-Star team in the annual series against KY.

Playing 3A was a major advantage for Zeller. They could compete with anyone, but if they matched up with East Chicago, Lawrence North, New Albany, North Central, Brownsburg etc. they would have a struggle to advance. In 3A it would have been a major upset to see them fall. The road is WAY easier to get the crown. But hell my East Chicago team lost to a HORRID South Bend Riley team in the regional finals, who couldn't have even contended for the 3A crown, so you never know they may have rolled through everyone easily, but I doubt it.

Zeller is the clear Mr. basketball. Lazy ass Angel Garcia (from my Cardinals) is as talented, maybe more talented but he is brain dead on the court and disappears quite often. I will be surprised if he qualifies and actually plays for Memphis next year. Hopefully Tyler will blend well with Ed Davis for my Heels and come in strong next year.

QUOTE(farmteam @ Mar 29, 2008 -> 12:04 AM)
Well, he was committed to tOSU then backed out, so we'll see. At least there should hopefully be enough time for the new IU coach, whoever it may be, to woo him.

yes "backed out" mm hmmm. He's S&G unless something huge changes.

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 29, 2008 -> 09:52 PM)
There's a pretty good high school all star game at Niles North High School next week. You can see the rosters and everything at http://www.chicagohighschoolclassic.com

I really wanna see Lewis Jackson from Decatur Eisenhower, who is going to Purdue. Dillard will be there, Simpson, etc...

Verdell Jones is still unsigned? What happened to Kansas? Or Minnesota? Weren't they recruiting him?

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Mar 30, 2008 -> 10:56 PM)
Verdell Jones is still unsigned? What happened to Kansas? Or Minnesota? Weren't they recruiting him?

I hear it is between Kentucky and Minnesota. He will make a decision in the next two weeks. I hear he is leaning to the land of Felix.

Wake Forest stud recruit Aminu has got himself in a bit of trouble by shooting some lady with a b.b. gun or something. I have not seen the entire story yet, but not good. He had the rep. of being a pretty solid kid so this is a bit surpriseing.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

QUOTE(JuiceCruz16 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 11:11 AM)
Wake Forest stud recruit Aminu has got himself in a bit of trouble by shooting some lady with a b.b. gun or something. I have not seen the entire story yet, but not good. He had the rep. of being a pretty solid kid so this is a bit surpriseing.

Maybe she looks like a tin can?

NYC hoops.net is reporting that Tyreke Evens has committed to Memphis. I have not seen anyone else report this though so we will wee. Ebanks looks to be a heavy Memphis lean at this point also. Could be an amazing week for Memphis in more ways then one.

I also hear that Bassett has left IU. Some conflicting reports on wheather he hwas kicked off or just left. IU is imploding though.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 02:28 PM)
Evans is a perfect fit for Memphis. Garbage in a garbage can.
Well I do know Carolina totally backed off of him after he all but said he was theres as a lifelong Tarheel fan last season. Then during the off season UNC no longer had him on their list and Tyreke was not mentioning them as a possibility either. He is very talented, and if he focuses on actually being a team guy in college even if it is only for 1 year he can be a big help stepping in for Rose at Memphis.

Evans has so many hanging around him already, and he is the worst ballhog I have ever seen, he makes JR Smith look like Steve Nash.

You know he's going to be a good player in the NBA, but I'm not sure if he will be more than Ricky Davis.

Brian's boy Lenzelle Smith got an offer from Illinois and Jereme Richmond had this to say, "It was fun, but it wasn't my experience. I've already been there," Richmond said. "It was for my good friend and future teammate at Illinois Lenzelle Smith. It was his experience so I just went down there to enjoy it with him, to play ball with him and be involved in his moment. It was fun. I'll probably go down there again in a couple of weeks and play ball with them, check it out."

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 09:35 AM)
Brian's boy Lenzelle Smith got an offer from Illinois and Jereme Richmond had this to say, "It was fun, but it wasn't my experience. I've already been there," Richmond said. "It was for my good friend and future teammate at Illinois Lenzelle Smith. It was his experience so I just went down there to enjoy it with him, to play ball with him and be involved in his moment. It was fun. I'll probably go down there again in a couple of weeks and play ball with them, check it out."

Yeah, when I saw that I wondered myself whether he was just saying that to be positive in trying to get Smith to commit, or if he knows something the rest of us don't...

Oh, and btw, Tennessee might be better next year than this year if Tyler Smith stays in school. Renaldo Woolridge and Scotty Hopson are gonna be sick for us next year.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 10:35 AM)

I don't think Lenzelle will make a decision anytime soon. It sounds like he is gonna go through the process thoroughly and weigh his options.

Lenzelle is a straight A student and good kid, kind of sad he is hanging out with Richmond who doesn't even know where he is playing high school ball at next year.

I still say Lenzelle ends up somewhere bigger than Illinois. Just a guess.

QUOTE(Brian @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 11:50 AM)
I don't think Lenzelle will make a decision anytime soon. It sounds like he is gonna go through the process thoroughly and weigh his options.

Lenzelle is a straight A student and good kid, kind of sad he is hanging out with Richmond who doesn't even know where he is playing high school ball at next year.

UNC? Duke? Memphis? Kansas? Those are the schools that I would consider bigger than Illinois, not many else. I don't think Smith is that good to get offers from those schools. Just because Illinois had a bad year, doesn't mean its not a big program anymore. Still a top program in the country.

I like hearing that stuff from Richmond, though. It solidifies his commitment and shows he wants the best talent there. Whether Lenzelle goes or not. I think part of the Richmond's problem is that he DID commit too early. I mean, what could be going through a 15 year olds mind? "I already have mine...why should I slum with you people."

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 12:04 PM)
UNC? Duke? Memphis? Kansas? Those are the schools that I would consider bigger than Illinois, not many else. I don't think Smith is that good to get offers from those schools. Just because Illinois had a bad year, doesn't mean its not a big program anymore. Still a top program in the country.

Big East or SEC schools, is what I meant.

Again, Lenzelle is only a sophomore. Not sure how many times you have seen him, but he will get better and that is scary. If Self stays at Kansas, he recruits in the Chicago Land area and wouldn't be surprised if Kansas came calling at some point in the next 2 years.

Smith's decision is interesting since he can go wherever he wants to with his play and grades (a rare comb), but I don't know if "bigger than Illinois" makes much sense unless you mean academically or something. Even the most anti-Bruce person like me knows that with all of the recruits they have lined up, they are going to be pretty good by the time Smith would arrive.

Smith obviously has plenty of time to decide though, so recruiting is not an issue unless he wants it to be. He does seem like the prototype kind of player Duke would go after, except for the fact that he's black and athletic. :lol: :lol:

Edited by whitesoxfan101