Official Recruiting Thread II

encouraging notes on a few illini basketball commits. rivals has 09 commits d.j. richardson and brandon paul as two of the top-five players at the king james classic in akron this past weekend. both have had great summers and look to be on the rise in the rankings.

jereme richmond has had a quiet summer, which is a good thing. most reports i've read state that he's solidified his top-10 status in the 2010 class. also, it's expected that crandall head will move into the top-10 for 2010. he's really emerged as one of the nation's best players this summer.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Buckeyes add a four star top O-lineman Corey Linsley, he is one of 3 O-lineman to have a scholly held for him from Ohio. Jack Mewhort (committed)and Marcus Hall are the other two. Linsley committed to Ohio State over scholarship offers from Stanford, Illinois, Michigan, Notre Dame, Miami of Florida and over a dozen others. Linsley is the 13th commitment for the 2009 class and its said that his signing may prompt #2 Illinois prospect Chris Watt to sign as well.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ May 3, 2008 -> 10:14 AM)

None of that is new news. Rumors like that have been going on every week since the day Webster left. However Richmond is a problem child and Webster enjoys catering to recruits like that (as you've seen with some of the generally not good people that have come into the Illinois basketball program in the 2004 to 2007 range), so if he were to switch to UK, it wouldn't surprise me.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 3, 2008 -> 09:21 PM)
None of that is new news. Rumors like that have been going on every week since the day Webster left. However Richmond is a problem child and Webster enjoys catering to recruits like that (as you've seen with some of the generally not good people that have come into the Illinois basketball program in the 2004 to 2007 range), so if he were to switch to UK, it wouldn't surprise me.

Richmond's dad loves the attention...these rumors will continue for a long time.

Richmond will go to Illinois, unfortunately for Illini fans. He is very loyal there and will not back out.

He needs to worry about playing high school ball and where he will be next year.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 5, 2008 -> 10:14 AM)
Wisconsin has gotten 2 basketball commits for 2010 recently:

Evan Anderson 6'11 Center from Eau Claire and Vander Blue shooting guard from Madison.

Im pretty sure that leaves either 0 or 1 scholarship for the 2010 class.

The Anderson get is very nice. He was getting some attention from the heavy hitters, but wanted to stay at home and gave his verbal before the big boys even offered. Good get for the Badgers.

QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ May 5, 2008 -> 10:06 AM)
I like how he doesn't know where he's going to high school yet.
Well he is moving from California and coming to the midwest, so he is shoping around for the best fit. The whole reason that Gillipse saw him at the King James is because he was checking out a private school in Culver indiana and hooked up with their AAU team for the King James.

QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ May 5, 2008 -> 11:06 AM)
I like how he doesn't know where he's going to high school yet.

Yeah, the fact that high schools are going to start really recruiting the star 8th grade athletes makes me concerned about society.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 5, 2008 -> 12:49 PM)
Yeah, the fact that high schools are going to start really recruiting the star 8th grade athletes makes me concerned about society.
That has been happening for an awful long time already. Nothing new there, the top guys often go to multiple places and check out all of their options in most cases.

Stud J'mision Morgan is asking out of his LSU letter of intent due to the coaching change and it seems that UCLA will be the benificiary. Big Loss for the reeling Bayou Bengal hoop program, while the Bruins just keep on keppin' on.

QUOTE (farmteam @ May 5, 2008 -> 05:52 PM)
IU gets Verdell Jones from Champaign.

WOW. I know they weren't even in the picture before Crean got there. Thought Tubby had him wrapped up for Minnesota for sure.

Northwestern finally getting some bigs in recruiting. 3 star recruit, 6'10 Luka Mirkovic turned down DePaul, Louisville, and Marquette to go to NU according to rivals, and now 3 star 7 footer Kyle Rowley is NU bound. Plus Shurna and a 6'9 guy from Michigan are coming in this fall. Not bad for Coach Carmody, getting some big talent to Evanston.

Edited by whitesoxfan101