Official Recruiting Thread II

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 06:01 PM)
Illini just got commitments from Hawthorne and Hopkins out of East St. Louis... Hawthorne is a 4 star WR and Hopkins has a ton of upside. This also looks good in terrms of Illinois getting Appleton.

Another good day for the Illini... I would expect Appleton to commit sometime soon. Scheelchase, Hawthorne, Appleton = Illinois looking set for the future of their passing game.

Edited by dasox24

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 21, 2008 -> 02:43 AM)
Another good day for the Illini... I would expect Appleton to commit sometime soon. Scheelchase, Hawthorne, Appleton = Illinois looking set for the future of their passing game.

some of the illinois boards are speculating that appleton is a silent verbal who wants to commit at the all-american game.

Ga Tech having a hell of a recruiting week, as they received verbals from top 5 pg MFon Udofia and rising star Glen Rice Jr. Also, recent speculation is that D. Favors and Noel Johnson might not be far behind. That would easily be a top 3 class in the nation.

Word is that John Wall's pimp Clifton is going to be hired on as Director of Basketball Operations at Oklahoma State to bring Wall with him.

Gotta love disgusting "handlers" and disgusting universities like Oklahoma State.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2008 -> 02:09 PM)
Ga Tech having a hell of a recruiting week, as they received verbals from top 5 pg MFon Udofia and rising star Glen Rice Jr. Also, recent speculation is that D. Favors and Noel Johnson might not be far behind. That would easily be a top 3 class in the nation.

Is that seriously his name?

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 12:30 PM)
Word is that John Wall's pimp Clifton is going to be hired on as Director of Basketball Operations at Oklahoma State to bring Wall with him.

Gotta love disgusting "handlers" and disgusting universities like Oklahoma State.

Oklahoma State and Kansas State are bringing a bit of shame to the Big 12.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 05:06 PM)
Illinois lands Meyers Leonard, PF/C to the 2010 class. He is a top 50 players on Scout top 100 on Rivals. Still, hard to be excited about this with the news about Jamar.

good pick-up. leonard already had some nice offers (indiana and purdue among others) and was supposedly emerging this summer and starting to attract more suitors.

Illinois will be back in FF contention very soon. But yeah this great news is overshadowed by Jamar's stupid decision. With Jamar-Legion-McCamey in the backcourt, Illinois would have probably been a tourney team and kept the positive vibe going with the Weber recruiting classes, now, another blackeye.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 06:45 PM)
Since he committed today, and as of the now the Illini would be out of scholis, would it be safe to assume Jamar is off the team?

i don't think they are related. i think there's a decent chance that someone else (most likely named richard semrau) will move on after this year.

QUOTE (thedoctor @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 02:38 PM)
i don't think they are related. i think there's a decent chance that someone else (most likely named richard semrau) will move on after this year.

My guess is Semrau stays 4 years, graduates and then just doesn't return on scholarship for a 5th season.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 02:40 PM)
My guess is Semrau stays 4 years, graduates and then just doesn't return on scholarship for a 5th season.

It would be a major upset if this is not the senario that plays out. Also, keep in mind Jamar only had 2 years left anyways as he would have been a 4th year junior this year (God I hope he's gone, that's why I speak in past tense).

Anyways, today's news showed how bad Illinois' program has fallen the last couple years (and perhaps including this year), but also at the same time how much incredible talent will arrive in 2009 and 2010. Very strange to watch, but the calvary is certainly coming soon.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 19, 2008 -> 05:30 PM)
I think we should be apologizing to Barnes.

You can go to any school in the US and youre considering KU???

I guess Abe and Jakes really is that awesome!

(I kid I kid :P)

Abe and Jake's....Ill take Quintons over that any day of the week.

Rivals updated it's 2010 basketball player rankings, and it's a top 150 now instead of just a top 100. Jereme Richmond moved back into the 5 star category as a top 25 player in the land, Crandall Head stayed there, and Meyers Leonard is a solid 4 star prospect easily within the top 100. The very underrated Lenzelle Smith moved into the top 100 as a 4 star prospect ranked #97 in the nation, so Brian will be happy. I am curious to see where Smith ends up going to college.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 02:35 PM)
Rivals updated it's 2010 basketball player rankings, and it's a top 150 now instead of just a top 100. Jereme Richmond moved back into the 5 star category as a top 25 player in the land, Crandall Head stayed there, and Meyers Leonard is a solid 4 star prospect easily within the top 100. The very underrated Lenzelle Smith moved into the top 100 as a 4 star prospect ranked #97 in the nation, so Brian will be happy. I am curious to see where Smith ends up going to college.

Ha. I'm lucky I get to watch this kid play as much as I do. He is a good kid who gets A's in the class room as well. He isn't the tallest kid on the court but is easily the best rebounder.

I heard Indiana maybe the leader (He likes Crean), but don't count out Florida or Kentucky.

Lenzelle's Zion Zee Bees will be playing Jereme Richmond's Waukegan Bulldogs in Waukegan in Feb this year. That will be electric.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 04:35 PM)
Ha. I'm lucky I get to watch this kid play as much as I do. He is a good kid who gets A's in the class room as well. He isn't the tallest kid on the court but is easily the best rebounder.

I heard Indiana maybe the leader (He likes Crean), but don't count out Florida or Kentucky.

Lenzelle's Zion Zee Bees will be playing Jereme Richmond's Waukegan Bulldogs in Waukegan in Feb this year. That will be electric.

Speaking of Crean and highly touted players, what can people tell me about these two:

Dominic Cheek (2009), I heard we had an outside chance to land him since he has a good relationship with recent hire Roshown McLeod, but I don't know about our chances.

Matt Carlino (2011), Committed last weekend, he's supposed to be a top 50 player in his class

http://illinois.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=843421

Minnesota dropped from No. 17 to No. 35 after five prospects, including elite quarterback MarQueis Gray, didn't make it in.

There you go. That link btw is to the only recruiting rankings that matter, the "enrolled team recruiting rankings". That is, the top recruiting classes now that we know who qualifed for school. Illinois suffered a major loss in Patrick Nixon not qualifying, but it was their only loss and thus the moved from 23rd on signing day up to 17th now. Notre Dame and Alabama swapped the 1 and 2 spots.

(I posted this in the college football thread due to a discussion me and rockraines were having, but it belongs in here too obviously).

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 11:00 PM)
http://illinois.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=843421

There you go. That link btw is to the only recruiting rankings that matter, the "enrolled team recruiting rankings". That is, the top recruiting classes now that we know who qualifed for school. Illinois suffered a major loss in Patrick Nixon not qualifying, but it was their only loss and thus the moved from 23rd on signing day up to 17th now. Notre Dame and Alabama swapped the 1 and 2 spots.

(I posted this in the college football thread due to a discussion me and rockraines were having, but it belongs in here too obviously).

Yep. Our recruiting class got rocked. It looks like Gray is going to try and get readmitted for spring semester however, which is somewhat encouraging to hear.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/27739154.html