Official Recruiting Thread II

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 08:38 AM)
In other news, Bill Self and the Jayhawks get a recruit from LeBron James' first-born son...but the pundits aren't sure if he's going to make it to National signing Day in 2034.

Not to be outdone, Roy Williams has cloned Wilt Chamberlain and got a verbal from the doctor overseeing the test tube.

You flipped it, Chamberlin's clone would go to Kansas.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Nov 18, 2008 -> 12:29 PM)
As much as I don't care about Kansas, I really, really despise Calipari.

Gotta love the NCAA turning a blind shoulder to the Memphis Tigers, USC Trojans etc.

I guess they don't have the hard evidence yet. :unsure: I'm still uncertain on the kid from my town Angel Garcia and his status with Memphis. He along with Matt Simpkins were still waiting for official NCAA clearence last I heard. Angel sprained his knee in practice and will be out a month or so anyway, but his grades were crazy low and Coach Cal just keeps saying "he will be fine there is no problem with Angel being able to play. Just seemed shady all along with his signing. Still no official word yet that I've heard of though, seems a no go if they aren't cleared yet though I would imagine.

Henry going to Memphis is a huge get for Cal. His parents work at KU, so many thought he was their's to lose for a long while, but it seems like Memphis (with his brother there also) just beat them out.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 07:05 PM)
Now let's get Barnes and Kelm.
Barnes seems like a pipe dream, but he may be a one and done guy and Iowa State would be a place he could showcase his talent as THE man, from day one. Is it his mother that works at ISU? I know my Tarheels have offered him, but I still feel they will end up with Roscoe Smith instead. I would much rather see him @ ISU then Duke though, so good luck with him if he does not come to UNC.

QUOTE (JuiceCruz16 @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 10:00 AM)
Barnes seems like a pipe dream, but he may be a one and done guy and Iowa State would be a place he could showcase his talent as THE man, from day one. Is it his mother that works at ISU? I know my Tarheels have offered him, but I still feel they will end up with Roscoe Smith instead. I would much rather see him @ ISU then Duke though, so good luck with him if he does not come to UNC.

His mom works here, his dad played here, and he's at most of our home games.

• 2 weeks later...

Brandon Paul vs. Jereme Richmond tonight in Waukegan. I'll write an informative, lengthy report when I get back.

Saw them both play yesterday. Paul had 21 and fouled out in the 4th as Warren won in OT. He put the Devils on his back in the 4th, hitting three straight 3's, but oh my, does he have a lot of work to do on defense.

Waukegan is VERY good. Their defense at the guard position is swarming and Richmond sits in the lane and rebounds and blocks shots. After 1 game, it looks like Richmond has grown up and matured since last year. Hopefully it lasts.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 29, 2008 -> 09:35 AM)
Brandon Paul vs. Jereme Richmond tonight in Waukegan. I'll write an informative, lengthy report when I get back.

Saw them both play yesterday. Paul had 21 and fouled out in the 4th as Warren won in OT. He put the Devils on his back in the 4th, hitting three straight 3's, but oh my, does he have a lot of work to do on defense.

Waukegan is VERY good. Their defense at the guard position is swarming and Richmond sits in the lane and rebounds and blocks shots. After 1 game, it looks like Richmond has grown up and matured since last year. Hopefully it lasts.

That should be a great game. Paul is just a terrific combination of offense and athleticism. You must have saw Paul on a bad night because apparently he is a great on-ball defender. (This is from Rivals who voted him the top defender on the '09 Big Ten recruits). Richmond never really has dominant games, but rather dominant moments. I saw him last year and could tell he was going to be a great player, but he wasn't a top 10 player in the country. I wouldn't be surprised to see a anyything-you-can-do-I-can-do-better type game tonight. Richmond playing a friend might just burst out. 25+ for both.

It is also amazing how strong the surburban conferenecs have gotten, especially the CSL (north and south). The talent there is just as good as the city schools and that really isn't an exaggeration when you have guys like Richmond, Cooley, Nik Garcia, Alex Rossi, Dragovich (sp? from GBN) and I know I am missing a few too.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Nov 29, 2008 -> 10:12 AM)
That should be a great game. Paul is just a terrific combination of offense and athleticism. You must have saw Paul on a bad night because apparently he is a great on-ball defender. (This is from Rivals who voted him the top defender on the '09 Big Ten recruits). Richmond never really has dominant games, but rather dominant moments. I saw him last year and could tell he was going to be a great player, but he wasn't a top 10 player in the country. I wouldn't be surprised to see a anyything-you-can-do-I-can-do-better type game tonight. Richmond playing a friend might just burst out. 25+ for both.

The little guard from Bartlett scored 33 against Warren. Paul couldn't stop him. Kept getting to the basket and Paul fouled out because of it. Kids name from Bartlett is Marc Little. He scored 38 against Waukegan on Wed and 33 against Warren yesterday. He was a player.

If Paul was guarding someone a little slower and maybe not a point guard, he may have done a better job. Maybe it was an off night.

Richmond isn't even the best player on Waukegan this year. Kid names Colin Nickerson is going to Fairfield. Heard he only verballed and hasn't signed. Maybe smart for him cuz he could go somewhere bigger.

Game will be broadcasted on www.WKRS.com if anyone wants to listen.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Nov 29, 2008 -> 10:12 AM)
It is also amazing how strong the surburban conferenecs have gotten, especially the CSL (north and south). The talent there is just as good as the city schools and that really isn't an exaggeration when you have guys like Richmond, Cooley, Nik Garcia, Alex Rossi, Dragovich (sp? from GBN) and I know I am missing a few too.

You're not kidding. Look at the North Suburban alone. Brandon Paul (Illinois), Matt Vogrich (Michigan), Ben Brust (Just a junior), Connor Mooney (Uncomitted), Lenzelle Smith (Ohio State), Markus Yarborough (Tennessee State), Ronald Steward (uncomitted).

Central Suburban is loaded as well. Richmond, Nickerson, Cooley, Rossi, Heldring (sp?), Dragovich, etc...

Warren beat Zion tonight, 89-84. Upset.

Brandon Paul had 29 and scored at will. So did Lenzelle Smith. He had 39, including 7 trey's. Hard to believe Lenzelle is just a junior. He makes it look sooooooo easy. He is so fun to watch.