Official Recruiting Thread II

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 12:07 PM)
Wow he signed with ASU. Thats a complete shocker, #2 player out of Cali.

It sounds like his grades are terrible and ASU has a program at the school that is designed to basically keep even the dumbest people eligible and that is why he chose ASU.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 11:24 AM)
Its pretty dumb IMO, but im sure the kids think its fun. Thats basically the only player out there that OSU is really hoping for and needs, but he'll prob stay south.

I heard Tennessee made a late run on him actually, but yeah I think he ends up at Georgia.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 11:26 AM)
It sounds like his grades are terrible and ASU has a program at the school that is designed to basically keep even the dumbest people eligible and that is why he chose ASU.

That makes more sense, anyone can go to ASU.

Kids do dumb things. Apparently a JUCO OL Bobby Massey picked up a Alabama hat today, started as if was going to put it on then tossed it on the floor and put on an Ole Miss cap.

My guess is that ND made an impact on T'eo while they were in Hawaii for the Hawaii Bowl. But I never game them a realistic chance either. For USC standards, it seems like this recruiting class may be falling apart for them. Burfict (sp?) has chosen Arizona State, it is my understanding.

NIU is in a similar boat to Illinois in that we missed out on a few guys here down the stretch, but still have a pretty damn good class coming in. I'm interested to see how many guys we signed, we had room for a full boat of 25 guys (actually up to 28 I believe due to having a few early enrollees).

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 12:28 PM)
Kids do dumb things. Apparently a JUCO OL Bobby Massey picked up a Alabama hat today, started as if was going to put it on then tossed it on the floor and put on an Ole Miss cap.

My guess is that ND made an impact on T'eo while they were in Hawaii for the Hawaii Bowl. But I never game them a realistic chance either. For USC standards, it seems like this recruiting class may be falling apart for them. Burfict (sp?) has chosen Arizona State, it is my understanding.

Sort of but they got commitments from 3 4* players today including a LB. That is the ridiculous thing about USC, lose 2 5* players, just replace them with a bunch of 4* players.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 11:33 AM)
Sort of but they got commitments from 3 4* players today including a LB. That is the ridiculous thing about USC, lose 2 5* players, just replace them with a bunch of 4* players.

Hence the line "For USC standards"

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 12:24 PM)
Yeah they are having a good class. Did they sell you as a fan when you visited? Nice.

Yeah I pretty much decided that was the team I'm going to go for about a couple of games there.

I can't stand the holier than thou people who say we're stupid for finding today interesting because recruiting is inexact and these are 17 and 18 year old kids. They are idiots, today is the college football version of the NFL draft, except the teams get a lot more players today than they do that day in April. Anybody who says today isn't important but follows the NFL Draft (and the latter group includes almost everybody who says today isn't important) is a hypocrite. Michael Wilbon, who I normally like, is one of those people and he should be ashamed. I think some people talk today and it's importance over the top, but most people (like everybody posting in this thread today) take the events of this day for what they are and just have fun with them. And sorry for that rant, but I wanted to throw this topic out there.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 01:32 PM)
I can't stand the holier than thou people who say we're stupid for finding today interesting because recruiting is inexact and these are 17 and 18 year old kids. They are idiots, today is the college football version of the NFL draft, except the teams get a lot more players today than they do that day in April. Anybody who says today isn't important but follows the NFL Draft (and the latter group includes almost everybody who says today isn't important) is a hypocrite. Michael Wilbon, who I normally like, is one of those people and he should be ashamed. I think some people talk today and it's importance over the top, but most people (like everybody posting in this thread today) take the events of this day for what they are and just have fun with them. And sorry for that rant, but I wanted to throw this topic out there.

Signing day is not unlike a draft for some of us, I LOVE recruiting.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 01:39 PM)
Signing day is not unlike a draft for some of us, I LOVE recruiting.

Exactly, same here. It just baffles me that people make fun of recruiting fans, but at the same time love the NFL Draft. It's very hypocritical in my opinion.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Dre Kirkpatrick just had the most overblown hat selection I've seen. I'm sure there are worse, but damn I hate that. He grabbed the Texas hat, then had some duffel bag with a plastic bag that had a box and then another bag where he pulled out the Alabama hat. He grabbed the Texas hat that was sitting in front of him first too. Annoying