2007 Post ASB White Sox Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 11:46 AM)
He is hitting like .350 since the break.

AJ's been that way all 3 years he's been here now...hot and cold. On fire when he stops trying to pull everything over the RF fence and just hits the ball into LF, and ice cold with the occasional HR when he tries to kill the ball.

He definitely has been a prize player.

Congrats to the Sox for the great play of late.

Things start to look brighter like everybody has said when guys like Owens, Richar,

Floyd and some of our bad relievers do the job.

Keep it up, boys, let's shock the world!

I just noticed Bobby Jenks is in inning number 11 of a hidden perfect game. After 2 batters reached with one out on the July 17th game Vs the Indians Bobby retired the next 2 hitters. This was the start of a 32 hitter hidden perfect game that has spanned 11 outings. Over this stretch he has retired all 32 batters he has faced, 10 of them via the strikeout and has recorded 7 saves, including 2 in one day.

Congrats Bobby on this unheralded but incredibly impressive accomplishment.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 11:33 PM)
I just noticed Bobby Jenks is in inning number 11 of a hidden perfect game. After 2 batters reached with one out on the July 17th game Vs the Red Sox Bobby retired the next 2 hitters. This was the start of a 32 hitter hidden perfect game that has spanned 11 outings. Over this stretch he has retired all 32 batters he has faced, 10 of them via the strikeout and has recorded 7 saves, including 2 in one day.

Congrats Bobby on this unheralded but incredibly impressive accomplishment.

not quite... According to BB-ref, the first two batters of the July 17th game with the Indians reached (and scored) with nobody out. He's retired 32 straight batters, recording 33 outs in the process thanks to a DP

1. Rouse
  2. Sizemore
  3. Blake
  4. Lugo
  5. Crisp
  6. Pedroia
  7. Polanco
  8. Sheffield
  9. Ordonez
  10. Hessman
  11. Rabelo -- DP (runner inheritted from Thornton)
  12. Rodriguez
  13. Monroe
  14. Inge
  15. Stairs
  16. Clayton
  17. Johnson
  18. Wells
  19. Thomas
  20. Hill
  21. Phillips
  22. Duncan
  23. Cabrera
  24. Matsui
  25. Molina
  26. Cano
  27. Hessman
  28. Monroe
  29. Inge
  30. Raburn
  31. Rabelo
  32. Hessman

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 11, 2007 -> 04:00 PM)
Gage and I just finished a podcast. Pure hilarity? Probably. It was a f***in trainwreck at the end. Gage sings.

Gager told me a week ago that they had finished a show, but I never saw it get posted.

What's up with that?

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Aug 11, 2007 -> 09:56 PM)
Gager told me a week ago that they had finished a show, but I never saw it get posted.

What's up with that?

He forgot to post it.

Trust me when I say you'll want to listen to today's version though.

Kosuke Fukudome of the Chunichi Dragons becomes a free agent after this season, and scouts are raving about his gap power. Fukudome, who spoiled Hideki Matsui's triple-crown bid in 2002, Matsui's final Japanese season, by leading his league with a .343 batting average, is being scouted heavily by the Red Sox, Cubs, Yankees and White Sox, among other teams.

http://www.nj.com/columns/ledger/graziano/...&thispage=2

woo-hoo!

Gammons latest blog has some of the top rated players at every position in the minors from 2002. Pitching is hard to project. Of the top 25 rated right handed pitchers there are 3 that have done anything worthwhile in the major leagues. Bonderman who was ranked 8th or 9th, Wainwright who was ranked 5th or 6th and Aaron Cook who was 8th or 9th. Gavin Floyd was ranked #2 right behind Jesse Foppert. Joe Borchard was ranked the #4 OF.