2007 Post ASB White Sox Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 04:57 PM)
By far, most important homer in Sox history.

I will go to my grave personally thinkin the Rally Crede shot eclipsed all of those. Yes, it was the regular season...but by my line of thinking...the White Sox do not make the playoffs in 2005 without that shift of momentum.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 01:40 AM)
I will go to my grave personally thinkin the Rally Crede shot eclipsed all of those. Yes, it was the regular season...but by my line of thinking...the White Sox do not make the playoffs in 2005 without that shift of momentum.

On the way home from work, I was thinking of where I'd put that. I was going to say 2nd, with Pods walkoff homer 3rd. Like you mention, you might not make the playoffs without Crede.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 09:40 PM)
On the way home from work, I was thinking of where I'd put that. I was going to say 2nd, with Pods walkoff homer 3rd. Like you mention, you might not make the playoffs without Crede.

I'll just assume you forgot "Rally."

Not that I'm disputing Rally Crede here, but people tend to forget that the Sox lost their next 2 after that, and the Indians won 4 in a row. The most underrated moment in that White Sox season happened in Kansas City when Grady Sizemore dropped a flyball...the Indians, including that game, lost 6 of the last 7 and took themselves out of the division race.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 03:10 AM)
Not that I'm disputing Rally Crede here, but people tend to forget that the Sox lost their next 2 after that, and the Indians won 4 in a row. The most underrated moment in that White Sox season happened in Kansas City when Grady Sizemore dropped a flyball...the Indians, including that game, lost 6 of the last 7 and took themselves out of the division race.

The most underrated play was a triple Carl Everett had against the Tigers during the last week of the season. We had lost two games in a row to them, were hitting terrible, and he had a huge 2-out, 2 RBI triple that opened the flood gates for the rest of the season. We must have outscored the opposition by a ton from that point forward.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 06:50 PM)
Uh, Konerko's slam is greater than 2 and 3, for sure.

Iguchi's homer against the Red Sox after the ball went through Graffinino's legs was also huge. There is no telling what kind of confidence lift that gave the team. Who knows what happens if Boston wins that game.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 10:13 PM)
The most underrated play was a triple Carl Everett had against the Tigers during the last week of the season. We had lost two games in a row to them, were hitting terrible, and he had a huge 2-out, 2 RBI triple that opened the flood gates for the rest of the season. We must have outscored the opposition by a ton from that point forward.

Carl hit the triple in the 5th inning with the game tied 1-1, the Sox went on to win that game 8-2 and outscore their opponents 21-9 from that point forward.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 03:18 AM)
Carl hit the triple in the 5th inning with the game tied 1-1, the Sox went on to win that game 8-2 and outscore their opponents 21-9 from that point forward.

I was also referring to dominating in the postseason, as well.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 03:10 AM)

Remember how the day after the Crede homer, Comcast was messed up for like 4 innings? Not a good day for them after one of biggest wins in Sox history.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 10:49 PM)
Remember how the day after the Crede homer, Comcast was messed up for like 4 innings? Not a good day for them after one of biggest wins in Sox history.

I actually seem to recall watching that game on mlb.tv and it going out. Or maybe I was watching the Indians feed. I can't remember which one it was exactly. I just remember that game sucked hard.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 11:32 PM)
Someone at SouthsideSox made the comment "Maybe Bourgeois can be our Theriot..."

After looking at the numbers on the cube, pretty interesting stuff.

Bourgeois

Theriot

Theriot's 2006 numbers in Iowa, and Bourgeois at AAA in 2007. If someone could post a table, that would be nice.

Anyone think maybe he should get as much consideration at 2B as Richar? Maybe a platoon?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 04:32 AM)
Someone at SouthsideSox made the comment "Maybe Bourgeois can be our Theriot..."

Before September, somebody needs to teach me how to properly say his name. I've been calling him "Berj-wah-zee", almost like the French class of people. I don't think that's correct.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 09:11 AM)
Before September, somebody needs to teach me how to properly say his name. I've been calling him "Berj-wah-zee", almost like the French class of people. I don't think that's correct.

For it to be pronounced that way, it'd have to be spelled as bourgeoisie.

QUOTE(29andPoplar @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 10:18 AM)
"BOOR-jwaaah"

Sort of like a right winger for the Montreal Canadiens.

I hope he's more successful than BOOR-chard. BTW, the headline on whitesox.com is Floyd takes the reigns as White Sox go south. I wonder if they thought about that one before they put it up.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 12:42 PM)
I hope he's more successful than BOOR-chard. BTW, the headline on whitesox.com is Floyd takes the reigns as White Sox go south. I wonder if they thought about that one before they put it up.

Running for the Senate from Idaho.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 07:47 PM)
Wow. When was the last time there was not a game thread on a day that the board was functioning?

I've made like game threads over the past 2 weeks or so in the 2nd inning of games 6 games.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 29, 2007 -> 04:31 AM)
Is there one Sox fan out there who thinks MacDougal should be on this team next year?

I'd do a poll, but I don't know how.

Get rid of that bum. Geez.

I think he should be....just never let Toby Hall catch him again.