Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Aug 9, 2007 -> 03:13 PM)
If they steal stories, who's to say they don't steal stories from the sites who continually get it wrong?

Besides, why not go to the source, who actually do all the legwork on these stories?

This is like you saying I should buy a ESPN insider subscription because you dont like that I heard the rumor on benmaller.com attributed to Peter Gammons. Who cares who did the legwork, why should I have to pay for a freaking rumor when someone else is going to tell me for free?

most of wrestling nowadays is about rumors, whether they end up being true or untrue, exciting the masses. Thats what I think is the fun part about it, reading all of your opinions and theories on feuds, storylines, and wrestlers. i dont agree with some of them (cough*shadows, brian, Randy orton*cough ;) :P) ), but I still read every bit of it. I dont see what the big deal is about where you heard your rumor.

Wait a sec, do you work in the PWInsider sales dept? ;)

Edited by kyyle23

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why couldn't Lance Storm display this kind of humor in his promos?

Q: I was reading an old commentary and was curious to what the "Lex Luger approach" to keeping a straight face was?

A: I was often asked how I kept a straight face so well, when working with funny people like The Hurricane and William Regal. I eventually revealed that my secret (I am not joking here) was to visualize Lex Luger matches in my head and think about how much more money he made than me, and I found while doing that nothing seemed funny anymore.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 9, 2007 -> 09:09 PM)
Wow, Karen Angle is indeed quite hot!

I posted the same thing after last weeks show. High 5, Kurt!

Did Pacman show up? I didn't watch all of it. I laughed when Kurt was looking for Nash cuz he is the only one that understands him. I'm starting to like Angle in TNA.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 9, 2007 -> 09:16 PM)
I posted the same thing after last weeks show. High 5, Kurt!

Did Pacman show up? I didn't watch all of it. I laughed when Kurt was looking for Nash cuz he is the only one that understands him. I'm starting to like Angle in TNA.

Nope. Just his 2-3 promos.

We did get Matt Morgan doing his best Adam Pearce impression...

Every week I'm amazed at how awful their product is considering how solid their roster is. If both Steiners and VKM retired today, I'd be a happy man.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Aug 9, 2007 -> 10:57 PM)
So TNA is rumored to be interested in Rikishi, A-Train aka Prince Albert, Nidia, and Shelly "Ariel" Martinez.

I wonder what other ex-WWE employees they'll get next.

Wrestlezone says Rikishi's price tag is too high for them

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Aug 9, 2007 -> 10:57 PM)
So TNA is rumored to be interested in Rikishi, A-Train aka Prince Albert, Nidia, and Shelly "Ariel" Martinez.

I wonder what other ex-WWE employees they'll get next.

Like it's been said, Rikishi probably isn't happening, which is there was payroll room for Test.

Albert has looked impressive in most of the Japan stuff I've seen, not that TNA would use him correctly.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 9, 2007 -> 05:06 PM)
Wait a sec, do you work in the PWInsider sales dept? ;)

I don't, but I'm an Elite Member of that site, and I LOVE it. I read several of the reposting sites for a while before I subscribed, and man they were so hit and miss. PWInsider has three full-time writers, and they never print rumors that can't be confirmed - and in general, their reporting is spot-on. Also, the audio is really really good on that site -the commentary, the hot news hotlines (which is generally a day or two before it's in print.) That is if you want the news first. If you want to hear it days after it's happened, and most likely wrong, then go ahead to the reprint sites.

Also, I should add - they do have a FREE version of their site that you wouldn't have to subscribe to but really - $5 a month? It's worth it to pay for it.

Edited by longshot7

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Aug 10, 2007 -> 02:36 PM)
Also, I'd like to add I've not heard those Rikishi or A-Train rumors anywhere. Those moves would be HORRIBLE for TNA. They have enough big guys - concentrate on the guys you have. Refocus on the X Division.

Looks like you need to check out wrestlezone and you would have seen those rumors days ago :P

World Wrestling Entertainment has released the promotional poster for their first of 2 Pay-Per-View events being held in October. WWE No Mercy will take place on Sunday night, October 7th from Chicago, Illinois. Cyber Sunday takes place 2 weeks later.

The No Mercy poster features Randy Orton catching a white dove in his hands. The sinister look on Orton's face and the event name "No Mercy" imply a gloomy fate for the bird. With Randy Orton facing John Cena at SummerSlam for the WWE Championship and rumors that their feud will continue into the fall, expect Orton to play a big part in the October PPV.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Aug 10, 2007 -> 12:43 PM)
Looks like you need to check out wrestlezone and you would have seen those rumors days ago :P

It runs both ways. I'm skeptical of those rumors BECAUSE they were on Wrestlezone. I don't trust anything until I hear it on either of the big two news sites.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Aug 10, 2007 -> 03:10 PM)
It runs both ways. I'm skeptical of those rumors BECAUSE they were on Wrestlezone. I don't trust anything until I hear it on either of the big two news sites.

Well chances are thats where they saw the ones they posted

The Titans have reportedly obtained a restraining order aimed at preventing Pacman Jones from participating in this weekend's TNA wrestling event.

Many Titans officials have tried to create distance between Jones and his status as a part of the team, but he remains under contract. Pacman had three traffic violations against him dismissed Friday, so even if he can't wrestle he should save some money after this day is done. Aug. 10 - 4:06 pm et

Source: AOL Sports

I don't know the logistics of this stuff, but if he is suspended without pay, does he have the right to work and get paid elsewhere?

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Aug 10, 2007 -> 08:18 PM)
Not gonna lie, this looks sick. I think i actually may try and go to this PPV.

I am gonna look for tix. Especially since it is tri branded now. Even if the matches suck, it is cool to see the guys live.