Official Squared Circle Thread

Finally got a chance to listen to the Iron Sheik on Howard Stern's show.

That 55 minute segment was about 45 minutes too long.

They should have said goodbye after the "real Iron Sheik" and the real Iron Sheik were yelling the same things at each other.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay;

Current plans have Batista taking the title from The Great Khali this weekend at SummerSlam and hold the title until Survivor Series or Armageddon, around the time Edge is set to return. Edge is set to take the title and hold it until WrestleMania 24 where he will defend the title against The Undertaker in the SmackDown main event.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 08:14 AM)
It's not saying much, but Batista as champ is better than Khali. Hurry back, Edge!!!

Hopefully Vince phases out Khali after realizing his utter worthlessness in the ring.

Hey Khali, TNA is calling, and they have a program ready to go for you and Matt Morgan!

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 05:31 PM)
Oh, for Jeebus sake, get off your "I pay for my smark bait!" high horse.

And your answer is F4WOnline.com, FTW.

I just want to confirm that the info comes from someone reputable, not some kid in a basement playing fantasy booker. Anyone can come up with "Triple H says he wants to win the belt and never lose it again," and some mark will buy it as truth.

For the record, while I think you can almost always trust news from the big two sites (PWI & WO), I don't mind F4W. I've met Alvarez - he's more into MMA than wrestling, but he's a good guy. And given his relationship with Meltzer, there's a chance he's heard his info from Dave, so I'm not as wary.

I'm not going to to apologize for asking for a source - considering how many bad news sites are out there, I will do the same anytime I hear news I haven't heard before.

and planning on giving the belt to someone when they're not 100% sure when he'll return (Edge) is just silly. WWE usually doesn't know what they're doing a month in advance - planning on an injured guy coming back to take the title several months in advance seems far-fetched. Also, what would Taker gain by winning the title again at WM - I question that tidbit as well. This whole scenario seems rediculous. I wouldn't be surprised to see Khali retain at SS.

Edited by longshot7

WARNING!!!!!

McMahon Paternity Angle SPOILERS BELOW!!!!!

Courtesy Lords Of Pain:

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2007_/arti.../1187892000.php

The McMahon paternity angle will lead to a WrestleMania 24 match between Mr. Kennedy and Triple H. The plan is to slowly drop hints who the illegitimate child is and reveal on a three-hour RAW special in October that it's Mr. Kennedy. Triple H will announce that he's Vince's son-in-law which is how the match between him and Kennedy will develop.

More info at the link.

Chikara shows again why it is such a great promotion.

Moscow, the Communist Bovine lost his match against USApe due to interference by a debuting wrestler -- Moohammed.

And did anybody read what happened at ROH yesterday?

Whitmer, Pearce and Albright took out Delirious last night. Pearce talked crap about masks in wrestling and Whitmer stapled the mask to Delirious' head!

Can't wait for Morishima vs Danielson tonight.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 12:04 PM)
Chikara shows again why it is such a great promotion.

Moscow, the Communist Bovine lost his match against USApe due to interference by a debuting wrestler -- Moohammed.

And did anybody read what happened at ROH yesterday?

Whitmer, Pearce and Albright took out Delirious last night. Pearce talked crap about masks in wrestling and Whitmer stapled the mask to Delirious' head!

Can't wait for Morishima vs Danielson tonight.

Tonight's ROH card is fully stacked. I don't think Dragon gets his belt back just yet.

Also, I really hope Albright doesn't get grouped with those two for good.

QUOTE(Purdue129 @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 08:31 PM)
ROH Spoiler from tonight....

Jack Evan's first 2 "crew" members:

Julius Smokes and RUCKUS! :headbang the idea of BLKOUT as Project161 is still alive

Evans, Smokes and Ruckus are "The Vulture Squad".

And oh yeah...

Mitsuharu Misawa was officially announced as coming to ROH. On Glory By Honor VI Weekend in Philly and New York, he'll be wrestling.

MARK!!!!!

::dreams of Joe coming back as a surprise and taking on Misawa.::