Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 10:21 PM)
All of HBK's bumping was out landish that match. I don't know if he was doing it to mock Hogan or just make him look good.

He was doing it to mock/protest Hogan's refusal to job to push their feud, and Hogan's insistence that he had to look strong in the match (read: not selling HBK's offense that much).

That was really funny stuff, but you had to have some idea of the backstage politics to get the joke. I'm sure a lot of people were wondering what the hell was wrong with HBK that night.

this is from rajah.com(just so longshot knows)

To recap, all in all, 20 past and present WWE wrestlers were listed as being clients of the busted Signature Pharmacy in Orlando. Of the 20 listed, 15 of them are currently contracted to WWE. Three are deceased (Brian Adams, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero), one was recently released (Sylvain Grenier), and another wrestler was on the verge of being signed this week, if he hasn't already (Johnny Stamboli).

While not 100% official, the following ten wrestlers listed appear to be the wrestlers most likely to have been suspended by WWE after Sports Illustrated revealed that every single one of them purchased drugs over the Internet through Signature Pharmacy after the institution of the WWE Wellness Policy in February 2006 - a clear violation of the policy. WWE suspended 10 wrestlers today based upon information received in the Signature bust, though not necessarily these wrestlers. Here is SI's list again:

Charlie Haas - Purchased drugs as late as January 2007.

Chavo Guerrero - Purchased drugs as late as May 2006.

Edge - Purchased drugs as late as February 2007.

Funaki - Purchased Somatropin in March 2006.

Gregory Helms - Purchased drugs as late as February 2007.

John Morrison - Purchased five different drugs as late as February 2007 .

Mr. Kennedy - Purchased three drugs between October 2006 and February 2007, including testosterone, which is an anabolic steroid. Kennedy sternly claimed in a recent interview entitled 'WWE Stopped My Steroid Use' that he completely stopped doing steroids as soon as the WWE Wellness Policy was implemented. You can read the interview at this link.

Randy Orton - Purchased drugs as late as February 2007.

Umaga - Purchased Somatropin as late as December 2006.

William Regal - Purchased drugs as late as November 2006.

Of the ten listed, two currently hold WWE Championship belts, two more are involved in a major storyline, four more are active performers, and two are out indefinitely due to injury.

The following five WWE wrestlers were listed as being clients of the Signature Pharmacy as well, but their names didn't turn up on Sports Illustrated's list. It should be noted that Anthony Carelli aka Santino Marella didn't sign a contract with WWE until 2006, and the WWE Wellness Policy was implemented early that year, so it would be wise to assume that the following wrestlers haven't been totally cleared yet in regards to a possible suspension just because their names weren't listed in the Sports Illustrated article:

Batista

Chris Masters

King Booker

Santino Marella

Simon Dean

The following five wrestlers are no longer contracted to WWE. Three are deceased, one was recently released, and Stamboli's WWE status is unclear at the moment.

Brian Adams

Chris Benoit

Eddie Guerrero

Johnny Stamboli

Sylvain Grenier

That list would equate to about 1/3 of the baseball all-star team being suspended.

And back to the botched moves, does anyone remember when they tried to bring back Vader and Goldust? Vader was leaving the ring and he fell flat on his face. On top of that, he was enormous (even moreso than he was in his prime). I felt terrible for him.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 08:00 AM)
That list would equate to about 1/3 of the baseball all-star team being suspended.

And back to the botched moves, does anyone remember when they tried to bring back Vader and Goldust? Vader was leaving the ring and he fell flat on his face. On top of that, he was enormous (even moreso than he was in his prime). I felt terrible for him.

along the same lines, when Austin came back after the neck surgery lay-off he did a run in and had an enormous beer gut and had trouble rolling in the ring. (I know, it was a serious surgery and not easy to bounce back from, but visual was still funny)

Also, the debut of "The Shockmaster" which was, I believe, Tugboat Thomas in a spraypainted Stormtrooper helmet. WCW set up a big dramatic thing to introduce him, he bursts through the gimmicked wall, trips and falls and his helmet falls off. I think Ventura was doing commentary and was laughing his ass off

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 07:10 AM)
along the same lines, when Austin came back after the neck surgery lay-off he did a run in and had an enormous beer gut and had trouble rolling in the ring. (I know, it was a serious surgery and not easy to bounce back from, but visual was still funny)

Also, the debut of "The Shockmaster" which was, I believe, Tugboat Thomas in a spraypainted Stormtrooper helmet. WCW set up a big dramatic thing to introduce him, he bursts through the gimmicked wall, trips and falls and his helmet falls off. I think Ventura was doing commentary and was laughing his ass off

I believe everyone was laughing their ass off at that one, including Sid, who was taking part in the interview.

One of the most hilarious sights was Roddy Piper winning the Tag belts with Flair. For some reason, they allowed him to wrestle without a shirt. It was absolute gold. The crowd loved it, and I think even Piper had fun with it. He was terribly out of shape. The next day on Raw, he wrestled in a shirt. I think he was forced to do so.

Orton was massive back in January. He was obviously on something. You can tell he lost a lot of that muscle so I assume he is off steroids now. Can you suspend someone for something he was doing 7 months ago?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 10:19 AM)
I just tried for about 10 minutes to find a picture of a shirtless Piper from Cyber Sunday 2006, but I can't.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/cybersunday/photos1/

Picture number 25 - it's kind of a far shot, but Piper's enormous belly is clearly shown.

(PS - took approximately 30 seconds to find it. :P :D )

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 11:11 AM)
Orton was massive back in January. He was obviously on something. You can tell he lost a lot of that muscle so I assume he is off steroids now. Can you suspend someone for something he was doing 7 months ago?

If you're trying to fend off Congress, I guess you can.

Some other guys on that list stopped buying (if not using) before Orton did.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 11:16 AM)
If you're trying to fend off Congress, I guess you can.

Some other guys on that list stopped buying (if not using) before Orton did.

And I'm not just defending Orton. Other guys have been off them, supposedly, for awhile and have never tested positive yet are getting suspended.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 11:49 AM)
And I'm not just defending Orton. Other guys have been off them, supposedly, for awhile and have never tested positive yet are getting suspended.

I understood where you're coming from, and I agree.

But Vince is feeling the heat right now, and I think he's trying to put the best face on this situation that he can, while also still trying to play the cocky "Mr. McMahon" on television.

Vince doesn't always do the most rational thing, and he's certainly not above sacrificing his employees to cover his own ass.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 11:49 AM)

I dont think the issue is that they tested positive, I think the issue is that they are on the list of this doctor who got busted by the Feds.

Thanks Kyyle for the source and the quote.

This SI article goes a little bit more in depth: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/more...lers/index.html

So it looks like Morrison & Umaga will be dropping belts as they exit for a month. It will be interesting to see how the tapings go this weekend - if guys will just be not mentioned, or if there will be a storyline reason for Orton, Kennedy, and others not on the tube. Also, if the Wellness Policy was implemented in Feb 2006, and even if the wrestlers were only buying 5 months ago, that's still after the Policy was started.

Also, for those of you talking about Joe leaving TNA, he posted this on his myspace:

"Former X-Division champion Samoa Joe has been telling people that he would rather accept an entry level WWE contract (believed to be $50,000 per year), rather than resigning with TNA. Joe is not happy in TNA, and doesn't want to stay with the company when his current contract expires."

This statement is untrue because of one tell all reason. "he would rather accept an entry level WWE contract (believed to be $50,000 per year), rather than resigning with TNA."

Buuuuuuuuuull*****, Are you crazy? I really really like money! You see, the goal as a career pro wrestler is to work hard, make money, and hopefully have a life that is somewhat of a comfortable experience in your latter years. Do many of us succeed? Well, no but a Kid can dream can't he?

The only reason why I choose to openly refute this rumor is because in all honesty it makes me look SO UNCOOL around the office! I mean when you make up cool rumors that make me seem all super rebellious and anti authority I just ride with it, but when you make up rumors that I am going to work just as hard for less money, well that just make me feel that you think I would be dumb enough to do something like that.

In closing,

My name is Samoa Joe

and You can watch me & TNA Wrestling on SPIKE TV..

:)

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 05:15 PM)
So it looks like Morrison & Umaga will be dropping belts as they exit for a month. It will be interesting to see how the tapings go this weekend - if guys will just be not mentioned, or if there will be a storyline reason for Orton, Kennedy, and others not on the tube. Also, if the Wellness Policy was implemented in Feb 2006, and even if the wrestlers were only buying 5 months ago, that's still after the Policy was started.

Ill believe they are suspended when I see it.. I think it would be a terrible blow to WWE if they suspend Orton, Umaga, Morrison, Kennedy, and then possibly SIX more big names.. I just cant see them doing it, and if they do, wow.. better come up with some good s*** fast

Per Wrestlezone;

A press release, which was sent out yesterday by WWE for tonight’s RAW house show in Terre Haute, reveals that Umaga and Mr. Kennedy have been pulled from the show. That information comes from a local radio advertisement. The main card features John Cena vs. Randy Orton, Jeff Hardy vs. Carlito and Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch vs. Cryme Tyme. If this proves to be true, then Randy Orton was not suspended. As noted earlier, many wrestlers backstage are under the belief that Orton wasn’t suspended.