Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 2, 2007 -> 10:29 AM)
I bet he's relieved.

Because his paychecks are gone?

Eugene was mega over when he first came about. Great job on the gimic, but as soon as he was sent to rehab, he had done nothing.

He'll go to TNA and "shoot" on the E, I'm sure and AJ Styles will put him over.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 2, 2007 -> 12:08 PM)
Because his paychecks are gone?

Because his days of acting like a retard anytime Vince tells him to are gone.

He can fall back on that gimmick on the indy circuit later if he wants to, but now he has a chance to portray himself in a new way.

A way I'll bet he's a ton more comfortable with.

All I ever heard about Dinsmore is what a great wrestler he was "in the minors", yet he was reduced to aping other wrestlers' moves, biting his fingers and waving to little kids like a little kid. That HAS to get old, no matter the paycheck.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 2, 2007 -> 04:50 PM)
Because his days of acting like a retard anytime Vince tells him to are gone.

He can fall back on that gimmick on the indy circuit later if he wants to, but now he has a chance to portray himself in a new way.

A way I'll bet he's a ton more comfortable with.

All I ever heard about Dinsmore is what a great wrestler he was "in the minors", yet he was reduced to aping other wrestlers' moves, biting his fingers and waving to little kids like a little kid. That HAS to get old, no matter the paycheck.

In a business where you have no union and very little security, I'm sure he was fine acting that was for 6 figures a year. If he hadn't liked it, he would of quit a few years ago.

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 2, 2007 -> 04:26 PM)
JTG must have not said "God Bless You" to Steph after she sneezed...Cryme Tyme has been released by WWE. sigh

PWI is reporting that there may have been an incident with Cade and Murdoch. CT was charismatic as all hell but damn, could they not work.

And Bob Holly may be done as a pro wrestler. His arm surgery didn't go as well as first thought and is causing him problems.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Sep 2, 2007 -> 06:50 PM)
PWI is reporting that there may have been an incident with Cade and Murdoch. CT was charismatic as all hell but damn, could they not work.

I actually thought JTG had some potential. Looked like he could bump and move around well. Shad was bad though.

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 2, 2007 -> 05:26 PM)
In a business where you have no union and very little security, I'm sure he was fine acting that way for 6 figures a year. If he hadn't liked it, he would of quit a few years ago.

Exactly why I said he may be relieved.

He wouldn't pull the trigger on quitting a six-figure job, but after the fact he probably won't miss the retard act.

Looks like his firing was based on a second violation of the wellness policy, so he may not be relieved after all, though.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Sep 2, 2007 -> 09:52 PM)
woo hoo Orton isn't suspended!!!

Down, down, down

Cena's going down

/hoping Orton finds the kryptonite, silver bullets, garlic, crosses, stakes, fire, pitchforks, guns, dive knives and nuclear missiles needed to put Cena's shoulders to the mat for 3 seconds.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Sep 2, 2007 -> 10:20 PM)
Down, down, down

Cena's going down

/hoping Orton finds the kryptonite, silver bullets, garlic, crosses, stakes, fire, pitchforks, guns, dive knives and nuclear missiles needed to put Cena's shoulders to the mat for 3 seconds.

I could see a finish like when Sid beat beat HBK at MSG. Sid hits Lothario, HBK distracted, gets hit with finisher and pinned, and doesn't care about title, checks on Lothario.

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 2, 2007 -> 10:25 PM)
I could see a finish like when Sid beat beat HBK at MSG. Sid hits Lothario, HBK distracted, gets hit with finisher and pinned, and doesn't care about title, checks on Lothario.

I was a HUGE Sid fan back then, and man I remember we ordered that Survivor Series and my mom made us go to bed because we had school the next morning!

Luckily I taped it, and that next morning was one of the best I ever had when I watched the end to that match.. I still love rewatching now.. There is a girl in the background who drops her head in anguish as the ref hits the mat for three, one of my all time favorite wrestling moments..

I find myself happier watching shows like Joe vs Punk II instead of watching the E programming. I watched the undercard tonight and am saving Joe/Punk for tomorrow night when I don't have stuff I need to be doing. That Shelley/Jacobs "I Quit" match was pretty entertaining.

Can't wait for my next paycheck. I am going to order the two ROH in Japan shows and Good Times Great Memories (or I may just get them when I am at the 9.15 show in Chicago Ridge for the 3rd PPV taping), an ROH CM Punk shirt and perhaps the NRC shirt. That NRC shirt is pretty freaking sweet.

And speaking of the 9.15 show in the Ridge -- any Soxtalkers here going? I am banking on getting GA tickets or 6th/7th row during walkup.

Announced matches so far:

Matt Sydal vs Delirious

Daizee Haze + Amazing Kong vs Sara Del Ray and Lacey

The Briscoes vs Steenerico for the ROH Tag Titles in the first ever ROH Ladder Match

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Sep 3, 2007 -> 08:51 PM)
I find myself happier watching shows like Joe vs Punk II instead of watching the E programming. I watched the undercard tonight and am saving Joe/Punk for tomorrow night when I don't have stuff I need to be doing. That Shelley/Jacobs "I Quit" match was pretty entertaining.

Can't wait for my next paycheck. I am going to order the two ROH in Japan shows and Good Times Great Memories (or I may just get them when I am at the 9.15 show in Chicago Ridge for the 3rd PPV taping), an ROH CM Punk shirt and perhaps the NRC shirt. That NRC shirt is pretty freaking sweet.

And speaking of the 9.15 show in the Ridge -- any Soxtalkers here going? I am banking on getting GA tickets or 6th/7th row during walkup.

Matt Sydal vs Delirious

The Briscoes vs Steenerico for the ROH Tag Titles in the first ever ROH Ladder Match

Well if my dad wasn't gonna be in town to visit i'd so be there...I so wanna see that ladder match. Anyone think the Briscoes lose the straps on the 15th?

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Sep 3, 2007 -> 08:51 PM)

Matt Sydal vs Delirious

I'll be there, like usual :headbang

I've got my money 1 of the following happening in the Tag Title Match:

1. Briscoes retain, then get laid out by P161; possible Steen going nuts on Generico

2. P161 causes the Briscoes the belts

If the Brisoces win, I'm curious as to where the tag division goes, they need some fresh faces.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Sep 3, 2007 -> 06:51 PM)

Matt Sydal vs Delirious

Now there's a smart man. I wish I could go.

About the E happenings - yes, Orton had already served his suspension. Looking like Booker's gone for 60 days - it's his 2nd suspension. Cryme Tyme was released because they couldnt agree on a finish with Cade & Murdoch - Cade decided to rib them and told referee Marty Elias to count them out. After the count-out, CT hit their finisher on Elias, and then auctioned off his belt. They were released mostly because they refused to apologize afterward. WWE is enforcing that No Tolerance policy right about now and aren't happy about wrestlers making waves. My thought - they will be back. "Money money yeah yeah" was getting ridiculously over.

Kennedy is an idiot - he blew the biggest push ever. Vince's new son - Hornswoggle.

PWInsider is awesome.