Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Sep 13, 2007 -> 11:47 AM)
It just goes to show that it does matter which wrestling news sites you read. I still can't believe people read some of the one on here that they do.

LoP is a very accurate site for news, IMO.

The columns can be a bit goofy and the message boards are laughable (which ones aren't? :P ), but the news they report is pretty much on the money.

....plus it's free.... :D

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Sep 15, 2007 -> 11:25 AM)
So does anyone think any titles change hands tonight at the ROH PPV taping?

Yes.

I have zero knowledge of ROH (I don't know who holds any titles, I don't even think I can name anyone in ROH) but if it's a PPV taping I'd guess at least one belt will change hands.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Sep 15, 2007 -> 11:25 AM)
So does anyone think any titles change hands tonight at the ROH PPV taping?

I'd like to see Dragon take it, but I think both Champs retain.

Morishima holds it til Final Battle, dropping it to Dragon.

Briscoes retain, start feuding with P161/Age of the Fall... Steenerico implodes and starts a singles battle between the two for the rest of the year.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 15, 2007 -> 11:39 AM)
Yes.

I have zero knowledge of ROH (I don't know who holds any titles, I don't even think I can name anyone in ROH) but if it's a PPV taping I'd guess at least one belt will change hands.

They just put on great matches at PPV's with big plot twists in cities with rabid fan bases like Chicago that have been loyal. Last time here, they had Austin Aries surprise everybody announcing that he'd been released from TNA and was back in ROH.

And it is --

Sara Del Ray - SHIMMER Champ

Takeshi Morishima (the guy in my avy) - ROH World Champ

Jay and Mark Briscoe - ROH Tag Champs

Personally, I am happy to see Marufuji again live and that pretty much makes my evening outside of Dragon/Shima II.

And Vegas fans, ROH to debut in October!

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Sep 15, 2007 -> 02:59 PM)
They just put on great matches at PPV's with big plot twists in cities with rabid fan bases like Chicago that have been loyal. Last time here, they had Austin Aries surprise everybody announcing that he'd been released from TNA and was back in ROH.

And it is --

Sara Del Ray - SHIMMER Champ

Takeshi Morishima (the guy in my avy) - ROH World Champ

Jay and Mark Briscoe - ROH Tag Champs

Personally, I am happy to see Marufuji again live and that pretty much makes my evening outside of Dragon/Shima II.

And Vegas fans, ROH to debut in October!

What's SHIMMER? Their women's division, or a separate fed, or what?

Just got back from the Chicago show. SPOILERS AHEAD, MATEYS!

The first match was a 4 corner between Hero, Claudio, Nigel and Marufuji to kick off the PPV. Solid match.

The ladder match was damn good. I don't think it was a MOTY candidate but it was definitely an excellent match by all involved.

The Project 161 debuted. There were these weird kids in black hoodies with ski masks and bandanas over their faces. After the ladder match, this tape of a woman shrieking comes on and these kids jump the rails. Then all of a sudden -- Necro Butcher, Taylor Black and Jimmy Jacobs come out and lay out the Briscoe Bros. Jimmy cuts this promo and the crowd just s*** all over it. People were pissed that such a good ladder match had this ending. To close out the PPV, Jimmy's promo creating Project 161 was met with a loud chorus of "Boring. Boring!" It was one of the worst payoffs ever for a gimmick built that much -- introducing a new wrestler to ROH fans (he was in DIFH with Jimmy on WSX, introducing a wrestler most ROH fans don't like because he can't f***ing wrestle and then a guy who was already over in the first place with his gimmick that wasn't too stale.

For an ROH show, it was a pretty big dud. I was a bit disappointed.

And Whitmer, Pearce and Albright are a new stable -- The Hangmen Three.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Sep 16, 2007 -> 03:47 AM)
Just got back from the Chicago show. SPOILERS AHEAD, MATEYS!

The first match was a 4 corner between Hero, Claudio, Nigel and Marufuji to kick off the PPV. Solid match.

The ladder match was damn good. I don't think it was a MOTY candidate but it was definitely an excellent match by all involved.

The Project 161 debuted. There were these weird kids in black hoodies with ski masks and bandanas over their faces. After the ladder match, this tape of a woman shrieking comes on and these kids jump the rails. Then all of a sudden -- Necro Butcher, Taylor Black and Jimmy Jacobs come out and lay out the Briscoe Bros. Jimmy cuts this promo and the crowd just s*** all over it. People were pissed that such a good ladder match had this ending. To close out the PPV, Jimmy's promo creating Project 161 was met with a loud chorus of "Boring. Boring!" It was one of the worst payoffs ever for a gimmick built that much -- introducing a new wrestler to ROH fans (he was in DIFH with Jimmy on WSX, introducing a wrestler most ROH fans don't like because he can't f***ing wrestle and then a guy who was already over in the first place with his gimmick that wasn't too stale.

For an ROH show, it was a pretty big dud. I was a bit disappointed.

And Whitmer, Pearce and Albright are a new stable -- The Hangmen Three.

You're actually the first person that i've heard say that it was a dud. I do think they should of had the better matches after intermission rather than before. I would think that the crowd was pretty much drained after the ladder match/Age of the Fall deal.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Sep 16, 2007 -> 04:42 PM)
You're actually the first person that i've heard say that it was a dud. I do think they should of had the better matches after intermission rather than before. I would think that the crowd was pretty much drained after the ladder match/Age of the Fall deal.

It was more annoying that heelish.

There were fat kids wearing bandanas and ski masks in GA all night until this terrible shrieking came over the PA and they rushed the rails. The visual of them hanging one of the Briscoes from the chain and Jimmy showering in his blood was pretty cool but his promo was fairly lackluster and the Necro Butcher f***ing sucks ass.

It was like the end of the Joe vs Punk match when Homicide came out and the crowd just s*** all over his interference. I and a lot of others around felt the same thing. It may look better on video but goddamn, it sucked ass live. It was Necro and a couple of emo gimmicks. That's supposed to be scary?

The crowd was pretty much dead after that ladder match which was pretty damn cool. And a 2nd half of the YRR vs BJ the Jobber and Albright, Sugarfoot vs Mitch Franklin and Matt Sydal vs Delirious as a main event did not help matters to keep a crowd hot.

The highlight of the second half was Kong and Haze vs Lacey and Sara Del Ray. It was easily the best match of the 2nd half of the show and the one that the crowd most popped for outside of the "Thank you Matt" chants for Sydal's last match.

I pretty much agree with Republican across the board. Although I think the Ladder Match is definitely a MOTY candidate. Is it the MOTY? Probably not, but definitely top 5 in ROH this year.

As for the P161 stuff... I had the pleasure of being on the aisle and then the row that Jacobs and Black used to hit the ring. Heard the awful screaming and next thing I knew Jimmy was pushing me back to cut down the aisle. I'm not a fan of Necro, so that was disappointing and the whole thing with Jimmy drinking Jay's blood was a bit much. I'm not sure why, but it just bothered me a bit.

Also, if they're so anti-ROH, why did they use the entry ramp for their match?? They should have entered from the crowd again.

The "new" Lacey sucks too, I called her a whore to her face on their way to the back and she just looked at me with a blank stare. No screaming at me or anything. She's always been such a fun and good sport in the past...

Edited by Purdue129

LAWLS.

The Chicago crowd s*** all over 161/Age of the Fall that it is being cut from the PPV.

Per Gabe:

After discussion among ROH officials today we have decided to pull the footage of Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black, Necro Butcher and Lacey (collectively known as The Age Of The Fall) attacking The Briscoes from the third pay-per-view. This does not represent the product ROH wants to promote on television or the conduct expected from ROH's athletes.

When you purchase ROH PPV you can expect to see great, athletic wrestling and competitive matches of true skill. ROH "Driven" has several matches that exhibit those qualities. "Driven" will debut this Friday on TVN and the DISH Network. It will debut 9/28 on iN DEMAND.

Thank you for your support.

--

I guess it wasn't the loud "Boring" chants that are getting this cut off, eh Gabe?

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Sep 13, 2007 -> 02:30 PM)
You pay for your smark bait.

We got the point.

Now move on.

Jesus.

Were you not held enough as a child or something? What is this cry for attention?

No, I just like to point out that I'm better than you.

:)

btw, interesting stuff on the roh ppv - I'll be in Vegas & (hopefully) SF for the shows there.

Unforgiven was the most boring ppv I can remember - I went to the bar and promptly fell asleep.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Sep 17, 2007 -> 12:50 PM)
No, I just like to point out that I'm better than you.

:)

btw, interesting stuff on the roh ppv - I'll be in Vegas & (hopefully) SF for the shows there.

Unforgiven was the most boring ppv I can remember - I went to the bar and promptly fell asleep.

"bar" + "fell asleep" = passed out.

:P :D