Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Sep 17, 2007 -> 06:25 AM)
LAWLS.

The Chicago crowd s*** all over 161/Age of the Fall that it is being cut from the PPV.

Per Gabe:

After discussion among ROH officials today we have decided to pull the footage of Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black, Necro Butcher and Lacey (collectively known as The Age Of The Fall) attacking The Briscoes from the third pay-per-view. This does not represent the product ROH wants to promote on television or the conduct expected from ROH's athletes.

When you purchase ROH PPV you can expect to see great, athletic wrestling and competitive matches of true skill. ROH "Driven" has several matches that exhibit those qualities. "Driven" will debut this Friday on TVN and the DISH Network. It will debut 9/28 on iN DEMAND.

Thank you for your support.

--

I guess it wasn't the loud "Boring" chants that are getting this cut off, eh Gabe?

I'm sure this is kayfabe. It'll be on the dvd and i'm sure P161 will be explained on the PPV somehow.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Sep 17, 2007 -> 06:54 PM)
I'm sure this is kayfabe. It'll be on the dvd and i'm sure P161 will be explained on the PPV somehow.

It just seems to be convenient kayfabe given the strong negative reaction that P161/AOTF got during the live event. I'm sure part of it is kayfabed for the storyline but they can't be missing it too much when AOTS sucked hard live. The visuals were cool but the Jimmy promo was pretty lackluster.

Jimmy's a good wrestler, he just gets too wordy in the promos (for example: see his promo in Good Times, Great Memories. If he just stopped and didn't repeat himself so many damn times, it would have been really strong. But it was weaker because of the repetition that got taxing).

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Sep 17, 2007 -> 08:48 PM)
It just seems to be convenient kayfabe given the strong negative reaction that P161/AOTF got during the live event. I'm sure part of it is kayfabed for the storyline but they can't be missing it too much when AOTS sucked hard live. The visuals were cool but the Jimmy promo was pretty lackluster.

Jimmy's a good wrestler, he just gets too wordy in the promos (for example: see his promo in Good Times, Great Memories. If he just stopped and didn't repeat himself so many damn times, it would have been really strong. But it was weaker because of the repetition that got taxing).

Question, when Jay was hanging from the hook, how was it done? I would imagine someone being hung upside down while bleeding for that entire promo could of passed out.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Sep 17, 2007 -> 09:10 PM)
Question, when Jay was hanging from the hook, how was it done? I would imagine someone being hung upside down while bleeding for that entire promo could of passed out.

They had the chain they hung the belts from and they tied him to that. He hung limp upside down and barely moved for that promo.

Now excuse me as I mark for Orton beating up Mr. Cena.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Sep 17, 2007 -> 09:51 PM)
They had the chain they hung the belts from and they tied him to that. He hung limp upside down and barely moved for that promo.

Now excuse me as I mark for Orton beating up Mr. Cena.

Mr. Cena sells better than his son.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Sep 17, 2007 -> 09:10 PM)

He was bleeding, but despite what many of the ROH forum posters will tell you, almost all of the "blood" coming down on Jimmy was fake. As he left the ring you could tell by the color and sheer amount that they rigged him somehow to pour like a faucet before hanging him.

from the ROH newswire:

September 18th: Last Saturday in Chicago featured perhaps the bloodiest and most grotesque incident in wrestling history. Yes, we will go as far as to say wrestling history. A new faction emerged in ROH and quickly targeted ROH World Tag Team Champions Jay & Mark Briscoe. The new faction is known as The Age Of The Fall and consists of Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black, Necro Butcher & Lacey. The attack, which was taped for ROH's 3rd PPV, went way over the line and the footage will be pulled from ROH's 3rd PPV. This is not the kind of product that ROH wants to put on television. Once this was reported on the ROHwrestling.com message board, fans across the internet demanded to see the footage. Since this is a historical incident that will shape the future of ROH, it has been decided to include The Age Of The Fall bloodbath debut in the next ROH Video Wire. Look for the ROH Video Wire to be up Wednesday or Thursday for free at ROHvideos.com. This footage is not for the weak of heart and is not appropriate for all audiences.

So I guess we'll see it after all.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Sep 18, 2007 -> 01:04 PM)
from the ROH newswire:

September 18th: Last Saturday in Chicago featured perhaps the bloodiest and most grotesque incident in wrestling history. Yes, we will go as far as to say wrestling history. A new faction emerged in ROH and quickly targeted ROH World Tag Team Champions Jay & Mark Briscoe. The new faction is known as The Age Of The Fall and consists of Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black, Necro Butcher & Lacey. The attack, which was taped for ROH's 3rd PPV, went way over the line and the footage will be pulled from ROH's 3rd PPV. This is not the kind of product that ROH wants to put on television. Once this was reported on the ROHwrestling.com message board, fans across the internet demanded to see the footage. Since this is a historical incident that will shape the future of ROH, it has been decided to include The Age Of The Fall bloodbath debut in the next ROH Video Wire. Look for the ROH Video Wire to be up Wednesday or Thursday for free at ROHvideos.com. This footage is not for the weak of heart and is not appropriate for all audiences.

So I guess we'll see it after all.

Is this a reputable source? I dont know if we should trust any of this, it could all be made up.

....;)

At this point....the WWE needs this more than ever. I might end up watching again...

Source - Wrestling Observer Newsletter

We can confirm that Chris Jericho is in serious talks about returning to wrestling, with both WWE and TNA. However, reports claiming that either promotion is going to offer Jericho at least a seven-figure contract are a little exaggerated.

Jericho left WWE in 2005 and has not been in the ring since. During a recent interview with Larry King this past summer; Jericho hinted that WWE was preparing him a large offer, in which he would accept.

Paul Heyman is officially gone from The E.

(Either his contract or his no-compete clause has expired)

It'll be interesting to see where he lands, and how long it takes.

I know AWA Lite had either pursued him or pretended to pursue him, but that's a pretty steep drop.

TNA would be smart to let Russo go and hire Paul E., but has TNA done anything smart lately?

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 19, 2007 -> 02:48 AM)
Paul Heyman is officially gone from The E.

(Either his contract or his no-compete clause has expired)

It'll be interesting to see where he lands, and how long it takes.

I know AWA Lite had either pursued him or pretended to pursue him, but that's a pretty steep drop.

TNA would be smart to let Russo go and hire Paul E., but has TNA done anything smart lately?

Do you have 9 pay site sources for that information? ;)

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Sep 18, 2007 -> 12:57 PM)
Is this a reputable source? I dont know if we should trust any of this, it could all be made up.

....;)

If you trust Gabe...... and after the 161 work, some probably don't.

And is this Jericho thing actually news? He was in talks with them three months ago. He mentioned it during his Larry King interview.

So in the world of wrestling, if a victim (Sting) files a restraining order against an aggressor (Karen Angle) to keep her at a distance of at least 50 feet, the victim can then willingly and intentionally breach the 50-foot distance in order to have the aggressor arrested?

Even when I try to suspend disbelief, this is too stupid for me to process.

....or I might just be pissed off at Sting for taking Karen Angle off my TV screen.... :wub:

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 08:41 PM)
So in the world of wrestling, if a victim (Sting) files a restraining order against an aggressor (Karen Angle) to keep her at a distance of at least 50 feet, the victim can then willingly and intentionally breach the 50-foot distance in order to have the aggressor arrested?

....or I might just be pissed off at Sting for taking Karen Angle off my TV screen.... :wub:

Unfortunately, you'd be surprised how many times that happens in the real world too.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 06:41 PM)

Oh yes. As much as I try to talk them up, Impact has been COMPLETELY unwatchable the past two months. It's really pathetic, and I'm pissed.

Here's hoping it gets better once it goes two hours...................yeah right.

Just one more reminder that Vince Russo has his finger FIRMLY on the pulse of the wrestling business:

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- There is talk of using the 48-year-old Kevin Nash again as a wrestler. Dutch Mantel is against the return, feeling he's burned TNA on doing jobs too many times in the past. Vince Russo on the other hand, is pushing for his return because he was a star in the late 90s. Ultimately, it's Jeff Jarrett's call.