Official Squared Circle Thread

McMahon is an awesome on screen character. After the clase, chokeslam, and stunner, and crawled out of the ring. I loved how he got up all mad and acted like he was going to get back in the ring and get Austin than got slugged.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Shadows @ Dec 10, 2007 -> 11:09 PM)
Man that was the best Raw I have ever seen

I don't know if I'd agree with the "ever" part, but it was by far the most entertaining Raw I've seen in a LONG LONG time.

Almost every segment worked and even the corny stuff was better than it has been in ages.

WWE seems to do retrospectives and "best of" shows very well as a rule. That's why their DVDs are usually really good.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 11, 2007 -> 10:35 PM)
WM title match minor details

There will be an Elimination Chamber match for No Way Out to determine who goes onto WM

per Wrestling Observer

Trips to win WWE title from Orton possibly at the rumble, Batista to win the rumble. Batista/HHH is your main event.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Dec 11, 2007 -> 10:14 PM)
per Wrestling Observer

Trips to win WWE title from Orton possibly at the rumble, Batista to win the rumble. Batista/HHH is your main event.

However.....

Per PwInsider - RR winner will not be able to choose which champ they'll face, being forced to wrestle their brand's champ.

Also, local advertising has Orton/HBK/Jeff Hardy/Umaga/Kennedy/Lashley in the Elim Chamber - all RAW guys, meaning the RR winner has to be a Smackdown guy, challenging the SD Champion. Does this mean Jericho goes over this weekend? Or will Orton keep the belt until NWO?

Rumors have been strong on a Taker/Edge match at WM - will it be for the belt? Also, I've heard talk of a HHH/HBK match at WM as well. (Keep in mind they need to sell out the Citrus Bowl - some 60K seats.) We've seen Trips/Batista before (WM 21) and it isn't as much a draw. Also, if the above is true (and being a rumor, might not be), Batista (SD) CAN'T take on HHH (Raw).

It will be interesting......

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 03:24 PM)
However.....

Per PwInsider - RR winner will not be able to choose which champ they'll face, being forced to wrestle their brand's champ.

Also, local advertising has Orton/HBK/Jeff Hardy/Umaga/Kennedy/Lashley in the Elim Chamber - all RAW guys, meaning the RR winner has to be a Smackdown guy, challenging the SD Champion. Does this mean Jericho goes over this weekend? Or will Orton keep the belt until NWO?

Rumors have been strong on a Taker/Edge match at WM - will it be for the belt? Also, I've heard talk of a HHH/HBK match at WM as well. (Keep in mind they need to sell out the Citrus Bowl - some 60K seats.) We've seen Trips/Batista before (WM 21) and it isn't as much a draw. Also, if the above is true (and being a rumor, might not be), Batista (SD) CAN'T take on HHH (Raw).

It will be interesting......

I can't imagine they'd have Jericho win the strap this early, unless Triple H just wins it at the Rumble setting up the HHH/HBK option. For once I'm interested to see what happens.

The black bars make this page look like a graph of some sort. Putting the belt on a face HHH will be a mistake, IMO. If he is a heel, fine. I don't like face champions much.

Would love to see Edge vs. UT at WM for the WHC. After Raw on Monday, I think we will see Hogan vs. Khali at WM

QUOTE(The Critic @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 05:54 PM)
I believe so, but all the same it fit his "snobby British" character well, I thought.

Like he was saying "I shan't imbibe that bloody swill with YOU lot".

:D

He is a recovering alcoholic and pill addict as well.

There was a "controversy" that CM Punk supposedly had a Miller Lite. Tape review proved it was indeed a Pepsi.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Dec 15, 2007 -> 03:17 PM)
She's very attractive, but under no circumstances should they ever give her a live microphone.

Yikes.

EDITED to add:

That was quite a Jerry Lawler impression Don West did on Thursday when they entered the ring.

She's could be better, could be worse on mic.

I wasn't paying attention to Don West. i usually don't.

Okay, gang. I got an idea. Post your top 10 favorite matches of all time.

Mine are in no particular order. I just went for ones that I could remember of what I've watched as of late...

(1) Bret Hart vs Mr. Perfect - SummerSlam 1991

(2) The 1992 Royal Rumble (I think that was the one where Flair won)

(3) Jimmy Jacobs vs BJ Whitmer Steel Cage Showdown from Supercard of Honor II

(4) Cactus Jack vs HHH - Royal Rumble 2000

(5) Terry Funk vs Sabu - Born to be Wired

(6) Steve Austin vs Bret Hart - 'I Quit' WrestleMania 13

(7) Brian Pillman vs Jushin Liger - Nitro and the one at SuperBrawl II

(8) Mankind vs Undertaker - Hell in the Cell 1998 (if for nothing else than the hellacious bumps Foley put himself through and Taker climbing the cage with a fractured foot)

(9) Mike Awesome vs Masato Tanaka - Take your pick. These guys always put on some classics.

(10) Team ROH vs Team CZW - Death Before Dishonor IV

My Top 10 Matches.

1. Hart v. Austin-WM 13, I Quit Match

2. TLC 2- WM 17

3. HBK/Razor Ramon- WM 10, Ladder Match

4. Mankind/'Taker- Hell In A Cell

5. TLC 1

6. Briscoes/Steenerico Ladder War

7. Kurt Angle/Shane McMahon Street Fight

8. 1st Elimination Chamber

9. Tanaka/Awesome One Night Stand

10. Rock/Mankind I Quit Match

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Dec 16, 2007 -> 03:25 PM)
I see we got some young wrestling fans by this top 10.

Flair/Funk I Quit is good.

So is Savage/Steamboat from WM III.

I also have a soft spot for the WWF Title Tourney from WM IV.

However, I picked matches where I was able to see the build-up and payoff to which made me appreciate the payoff match that much more (i.e. the Whitmer/Jacobs cage war at SCoH 2)

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Dec 16, 2007 -> 03:52 PM)
Flair/Funk I Quit is good.

So is Savage/Steamboat from WM III.

I also have a soft spot for the WWF Title Tourney from WM IV.

However, I picked matches where I was able to see the build-up and payoff to which made me appreciate the payoff match that much more (i.e. the Whitmer/Jacobs cage war at SCoH 2)

I could understand that. Need to get some older DVD's my friend.

I love Mania 4, I know most folks hate it because it was so long and to some folks boring. But I love that era.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Dec 16, 2007 -> 05:07 PM)
I could understand that. Need to get some older DVD's my friend.

I love Mania 4, I know most folks hate it because it was so long and to some folks boring. But I love that era.

What I wouldn't give for the older KotR, In Your House, That Tuesday in Texas, etc. to be put out on DVD. I still remember watching Prime Time Wrestling on USA before Raw was even on TV. Then, watching the early Raws at the Manhattan Center, etc.

The world of Gorilla Monsoon, Jack Tunney, Taker locking Warrior in the casket, Demolition, Strike Force...

Mania IV was probably my favorite early era WM. Gimme some old Clash of the Champions on DVD and I'd be a happy camper. If Vince would open up the vaults more for a lot more documentaries and release the old PPV's from other promotions on DVD, he could make a ton of money -- the old WCW, ECW, WCCW, AWA, etc. shows would be great to watch on DVD.

I needs me some early 90's Great Muta!

And I guess we all can't be around to watch the 2 out of 3 falls match between Gotch and Hackenschmidt like you and Critic, now can we?

Armageddon results so far:

(1) Mysterio beats MVP via count out. MVP got himself counted out it appears.

(2) Big Daddy V and Mark Henry beat Kane and CM Punk when BDV hits a Samoan Drop on Punk.

(3) HBK beats Kennedy with Sweet Chin Music.

Edited by LowerCaseRepublican

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Dec 16, 2007 -> 07:26 PM)
What I wouldn't give for the older KotR, In Your House, That Tuesday in Texas, etc. to be put out on DVD. I still remember watching Prime Time Wrestling on USA before Raw was even on TV. Then, watching the early Raws at the Manhattan Center, etc.

The world of Gorilla Monsoon, Jack Tunney, Taker locking Warrior in the casket, Demolition, Strike Force...

Mania IV was probably my favorite early era WM. Gimme some old Clash of the Champions on DVD and I'd be a happy camper. If Vince would open up the vaults more for a lot more documentaries and release the old PPV's from other promotions on DVD, he could make a ton of money -- the old WCW, ECW, WCCW, AWA, etc. shows would be great to watch on DVD.

I needs me some early 90's Great Muta!

And I guess we all can't be around to watch the 2 out of 3 falls match between Gotch and Hackenschmidt like you and Critic, now can we?

HEY!!!! I did NOT attend the Gotch/Hackeschmidt match!!!!!

.....I was at the reading of the teletype at a hotel lobby, like in Eight Men Out..... :lolhitting

Here's my impression of Jim Ross announcing the Gotch/Hackenschmidt match:

"MAH GAWD!!! ARMBAR!!! ARMBAR!!! ARMBAR!!!!"

The funny thing for me about seeing the old AWA again on the DVD doc Vince released was that it kind of killed the romance for me in a way, because the matches are SO slow and really kind of dull.....kind of like an Orton match these days.....(just wanted to set the Ortonites on fire there.... :P )

It was great to see the guys I watched growing up, and I still really enjoyed the Bockwinkel & Heenan promos, but the wrestling itself was a letdown for me.