Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Dec 18, 2007 -> 09:58 PM)
Yeah, but to mention "Joey Styles" amongst a bunch of other clear irrelevants was weird to me.

Well, the "inside reason" may have been the fact that Vince isn't running any ECW-only pay-per-views anymore, so Joey Styles can only be heard on Sci-Fi. That can be seen as "irrelevant" in the wrestling world.

But the remark was made more to wound JBL's pride by lumping him in with small-in-stature announcers like Styles and Cole.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Dec 17, 2007 -> 02:29 PM)
More WM24 Rumors...

Vinny Mac wants a Batista/HHH main event because it's safe and proven, the USA network wants Orton/Batista because it would be something fresh. Either way it's rumored that both sides want Batista on Raw and perhaps even to be the man walking away with the title after 'Mania.

CM Punk v. MVP on ECW, Tuesday night...i'll actually tune in for this one.

I just don't see how that's a draw,

unless Batista is the one that turns heel. There are also rumors of a Jericho/HBK WM 19 rematch at 24.

The tag match was better than the main event - and man, that crowd sucked.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Dec 19, 2007 -> 04:46 PM)
I just don't see how that's a draw,

unless Batista is the one that turns heel. There are also rumors of a Jericho/HBK WM 19 rematch at 24.

The tag match was better than the main event - and man, that crowd sucked.

I would guess because the kids love HHH and Batista both. And i'd be fine with a Jericho/HBK rematch, Jericho showed Sunday he can still work.

Agreed on the tag match, Although I am interested to see where this whole thing with Chavo goes.

In other news...

The word is that if Kennedy doesn't show and prove during his feud with HBK, he could be relegated to mid-card status for the forseeable future. Apparently the problem is that he doesn't trust his instinct as a performer and listens to too many people.

Edited by MHizzle85

Making my way through the WWE Ladder Match DVD.

The Jake Roberts/JYD ladder match is pretty brutal. Especially because Jake looks like Gabe Kaplan. I do have to say, it is great to hear Gorilla and Judo Al Hayes on the mic doing commentating.

A lot of these WWE documentaries and tape library DVD's are awesome.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Dec 19, 2007 -> 07:04 PM)
What is the problem between McMahon and Randy Savage? Where does it go back to? What is it all about?

**unsubstantiated rumor**

Randy Savage supposedly deflowered Stephanie.

**/unsubstantiated rumor**

But really nobody knows for certain except for the way they conducted business in the early 90's which was fairly acrimonious after Macho left.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Dec 19, 2007 -> 07:57 PM)
**unsubstantiated rumor**

Randy Savage supposedly deflowered Stephanie.

**/unsubstantiated rumor**

But really nobody knows for certain except for the way they conducted business in the early 90's which was fairly acrimonious after Macho left.

**unsubstantiated rumor/urban legend bonus track**

...when Steph was 14 or 15...

**/unsubstantiated rumor/urban legend bonus track**

I'm always hesitant to believe these rumors, but it seems like Vince was able to mend fences with almost everyone, even (to a degree and for selfish reasons on both sides) Bret Hart, so for Vince to make flat statements like "I do not want to ever do business with that man again" there must be something pretty serious in play.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Dec 20, 2007 -> 05:55 PM)
Savage was hurt Vince didnt want him to wrestle anymore and by the time he retired in WCW, his body was totally run down. apart from the hall of Fame, do we really need him back on WWE TV?

Is that really all?

There was no Stephanie bonking?

QUOTE(The Critic @ Dec 20, 2007 -> 08:56 PM)
Tonight's TNA holiday "special" is pretty horrible so far, with the EXTREMELY notable exception of Karen Angle.

Her dress is very, very enjoyable.

No need for impure thoughts like that on this forum.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Dec 20, 2007 -> 06:11 PM)
Is that really all?

There was no Stephanie bonking?

I doubt it. Seems like a dumb rumor. If that happened, Vince would of fired and had Savage arrested back in the day.

The Major Brothers are now known as "The Edge Heads" and their gimmick is being huge Edge fans.

My brother got me WrestleMania 23 on DVD (3 disc edition) for my birthday. Just got done with the MITB ladder match. That was pretty entertaining. The Jeff Hardy/Edge ladder spot was pretty freaking awesome to see and I loved the sequence between Hornswaggle and Kennedy on the ladder with the "short right hands", haha. And the dance segment -- IRS randomly showing up dancing along with the Reverend Slick was gold.

And for the ROH'ers, has anybody seen the 2007 Survival of the Fittest or the Cow Palace show? I want to know if they are any good -- I may get 07 SotF because I am a huge Hero mark. But I wanted to see if the shows were good first before I get stuck with another stinker like Live at Osaka which was pretty lackluster.

Also, there was a recent interview done with MVP. They talked about how time in jail and how he got out when he was 26. He seems like a very humble guy who is happy to have a job + willing to do a lot to improve and get better with the job that he feels lucky to have given his history as an ex-con.

Edited by LowerCaseRepublican

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Dec 21, 2007 -> 09:07 PM)
No need for impure thoughts like that on this forum.

I was speaking of her nice dress, I don't know how you can turn that into an impure thought.

I guess we're getting a look inside your mind, and it ain't pretty.

:P :D

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Dec 22, 2007 -> 09:33 AM)
And for the ROH'ers, has anybody seen the 2007 Survival of the Fittest or the Cow Palace show? I want to know if they are any good -- I may get 07 SotF because I am a huge Hero mark. But I wanted to see if the shows were good first before I get stuck with another stinker like Live at Osaka which was pretty lackluster.

They're pretty good shows, not great...but good, I'm now in the process of getting Glory By Honor VI. If you really want I could "get" you the west coast shows.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Dec 22, 2007 -> 09:40 AM)
I was speaking of her nice dress, I don't know how you can turn that into an impure thought.

I guess we're getting a look inside your mind, and it ain't pretty.

:P :D

Remind me to never speak to you again. :lolhitting

Critic, just spend the $17 and get the WSX DVD set. It's really entertaining. I just wish there was a better way to watch all of the WSX Xtra matches.

Plus you can see our fellow Soxtalker Longshot 7 sitting in the front row wearing an AJ Pierzynski Sox T-shirt. Longshot, did you get paid for being there? (I don't remember the story.)

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Dec 25, 2007 -> 04:09 PM)
Critic, just spend the $17 and get the WSX DVD set. It's really entertaining. I just wish there was a better way to watch all of the WSX Xtra matches.

Plus you can see our fellow Soxtalker Longshot 7 sitting in the front row wearing an AJ Pierzynski Sox T-shirt. Longshot, did you get paid for being there? (I don't remember the story.)

I didn't enjoy WSX when it was on MTV, I won't be paying for the DVD. It just seemed like a weekly clusterf*** with no rhyme or reason.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Dec 26, 2007 -> 08:02 PM)
I had to Google this - why do I suspect you didn't?

:D

I actually stumbled onto it on break.com. I am surprised to find out it has been around for about a year and this is the first day I have heard about it. I'm not so surprised to see Jimmy Hart is part of it.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Dec 26, 2007 -> 10:10 PM)
I actually stumbled onto it on break.com. I am surprised to find out it has been around for about a year and this is the first day I have heard about it. I'm not so surprised to see Jimmy Hart is part of it.

Yeah, Jimmy Hart is an enormous whore. He attaches himself to any half-assed project out there.

Although this project is not half-assed, it appears to have many fully-formed asses.

:lolhitting