Official Squared Circle Thread

I want to point out that from now on, we will be treating this thread like we would treat Pale Hose Talk. If people come in here and want to flame wrestling, it will be no different than someone coming in and flaming the White Sox on PHT.

This thread is for people to discuss wrestling with other members that enjoy the matches that go on in the "squared circle".

So post away all you wrestle-maniacs :cheers

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know who saw but they released the tox reports today.

Nancy Benoit • 3 drugs hydrocodone, hydromorphone, xanax • therapeutic level. Blood .184 (decomposition process)

Daniel Benoit • positive for xanax (elevated, not normally given to kids)..Sedated at the time he died

Chris Benoit • xanax, hydrocodone (therapeutic range, not elevated), only steroid testerone - 207 micrograms per liter..

Xanax • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xanax

Hydrocodone - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrocodone

Hydromorphone - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydromorphone

- Daniel’s body was starting to show signs of decomposition, but investigators couldn’t determine if the boy was injected with GHB due to a lack of a quality urine sample.

- Examiners couldn’t ascertain if Daniel Benoit had Fragile X Syndrome.

- Examiners found no evidence that Nancy Benoit was sedated.

- Sperry didn’t have access to the WWE wellness policy test results for Chris Benoit on 4/10.

- DA Scott Ballard opened the press conference, believing the case is still a murder/suicide.

- Ballard said the investigation is still ongoing.

- Dr. Kris Sperry, GA Chief Medical Examiner came to the podium.

- Investigators said the body of Nancy was decomposing. Investigators found Xanax.

- Investigators found Xanax, enough to be sedated before he was murdered.

- Investigators found Xanax in Chris Benoit. Investigators found testosterone in the urine sample of Benoit. No other artificial steroids were found. No evidence of GHB was found in Daniel, Nancy or Chris Benoit.

-- The medical examiner concluded that there is no way of telling whether Benoit's elevated testosterone was a result of recent steroid use. He called it a "mystery" - but said that Benoit may have been treated for a testosterone deficiency.

So -- Nancy Grace, Faux News and those who were dead set that it was roid rage, how would you like your crow served? The media fails to get their roid rage story and now has to deal with a much more nuanced discussion about family issues and family life that possibly put Chris over the edge rather than a simple "HE WAS TEH ROIDH3AD!" prattling that they were very apt to use before these tox reports came out. Looks like the former wrestlers who wanted to use this as opportunism to get their 15 minutes of fame on the backs of Daniel, Nancy and Chris via steroids are going to be SOL.

The more questions that get answered in this story, the more questions come about. I doubt we'll ever really know what sent Chris over the edge to put such a tragic series of events into motion.

And SmackDown spoiler! (already up on WWE.com)

spoiler: Edge had to relinquish the strap due to a torn pectoral. The new SD champ is the Great Khali.

And who else is kind of enjoying the reworking of Johnny Nitro as John Morrison? He needed to get away from that stale, not-working gimmick and get something fresh without that albatross. The writing staff seemed to do that pretty well. Let's see how they bring this about further in development of the character.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 18, 2007 -> 03:25 AM)
And who else is kind of enjoying the reworking of Johnny Nitro as John Morrison? He needed to get away from that stale, not-working gimmick and get something fresh without that albatross. The writing staff seemed to do that pretty well. Let's see how they bring this about further in development of the character.

I thought it was well done, wouldn't mind to see this Punk/Morrison feud last a little while.

Orton is growing on me. Either keep his promos very short so he can't mess them up/lose the audience or get him a Sunny like hottie with actual speaking ability for a manager and that would be a vast improvement. Then if he would implement a few more higher impact moves into his repetoire pre-rKo to make his matches a bit more entertaining, I could see myself not minding if he got a secondary title run and/or eventually got built as a legit main event heel.

As for now, I'm happy just watching 5 DVD's worth of ROH (Reborn Stage 1, Reborn Stage 2, World Title Classic, Joe/Punk II and All Star Extravaganza 2)

And in other news, my friend and old roommate Dann just made the cuts in the tryouts at the Texas Wrestling Academy. So, he is going to be training with the guy (Rudy Gonzalez) who trained AmDrag, Spanky, Hernandez, et al. to become a professional wrestler.

Welcome back!

My satellite's been out the last week, and to tell you the truth, I don't miss the WWE programming. But my randon thoughts about the recaps I've read.

Morrison? WTF? Johnny NITRO was a GREAT character. How stupid.

Punk to win the belt on Sunday?

Smackdown is a disaster. Edge is one of my favs and now I'm crying. I don't like him as a worker, but they should put the belt on Kane this weekend. He deserves it, and in this musical chairs booking, why not? I'd prefer Matt Hardy but that'll never happen.

ROH PPV this weekend - FINALLY! Can't wait - and yes, I've avoided spoilers this long, so don't ruin it for me.

Talk about TNA moving Bound for Glory away from Chicago. I hate it beause I was gonna fly in for it, but with two other ppv's in a month, it's smart to go somewhere else. Hey TNA, come to LA!

I picked the wrong week to stop taking amphetamines.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jul 18, 2007 -> 01:49 PM)

I think it was sort of pointless to keep him as Nitro especially without Melina. The Morrison character just gives a fresh new look/start to the whole thing. IMO, anyway.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jul 18, 2007 -> 02:30 PM)
eh, it wont be long before this thread is quickly back among the highest here..

Wow, no mention from the "We Love Orton" squad regarding my praise of said worker? It looks like your machine that alerts you to every time "Orton" is uttered is not working. :P

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jul 18, 2007 -> 01:49 PM)

Punk to win the belt on Sunday?

Smackdown is a disaster. Edge is one of my favs and now I'm crying. I don't like him as a worker, but they should put the belt on Kane this weekend. He deserves it, and in this musical chairs booking, why not? I'd prefer Matt Hardy but that'll never happen.

Talk about TNA moving Bound for Glory away from Chicago. I hate it beause I was gonna fly in for it, but with two other ppv's in a month, it's smart to go somewhere else. Hey TNA, come to LA!

I picked the wrong week to stop taking amphetamines.

Nitro was getting stale. He was seen as a Raw mid-carder who couldn't hack it on the A show...after repeated defeats to Cena, Jeff Hardy, etc., it was time for a new direction. Plus, the whole paparazzi thing was stale and he's got no Melina for the couple plus no Mercury. This gives him a fresh start and showing that he doesn't need "Generic Cocky Heel Gimmick #781723 to get over", especially because it was so sufficiently buried on Raw. He's a good worker, he just needed the 'change of scenery'.

And TNA sucks. A Joe/Angle match for ALL of the belts? WTF kind of booking is that?!

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 18, 2007 -> 03:07 PM)
Wow, no mention from the "We Love Orton" squad regarding my praise of said worker? It looks like your machine that alerts you to every time "Orton" is uttered is not working. :P

Maybe Randy's Dandies are just taking a little rest.........hold.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 18, 2007 -> 03:07 PM)

I passed out and hit my head. Just came to! Welcome!

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 19, 2007 -> 04:35 PM)
We've got another dead wrestler.

John Kronus, of the Eliminators in ECW with Perry Saturn, was found dead in his apartment.

No other details yet.

R.I.P. John.

RIP Kronus. :(

And with all the dead wrestlers the media whores on -- meanwhile, none of the reporters mentions the guys like Saturn -- , Satullo was shot three times in the neck with a .25 caliber handgun during an attempted rape which Satullo interfered and stopped, suffering severe damage to his C-5, C-6, and C-7 vertebrae. Satullo only learned of this after he visited a physician and complained of burning sensations in his neck, originally attributing the impact to a punch from behind. After having steel plates and screws inserted into his neck, Satullo returned to the ring on September 17, 2004, and continued to receive epidural treatment. Since then, Satullo has continued to make appearances on the independent circuit but has gone into partial retirement due to the severity of his neck injury.

The man was shot 3 times and still not only walks but f***ing wrestles.