Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to those that were in attendance at last night's ROH Death Before Dishonor IV, Castagnoli and Morishima put on one of the best matches in Morishima's title reign. The Steen & Generico/Briscoes match was also insane. Tons of sick spots.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 12, 2007 -> 04:22 PM)
There's a TNA PPV tonight? Shows how much I follow it.

Saw that TNA sent Hoyt and Hemme home. Maybe gone. Interesting. TNA invested a lot in Hemme as their top sex symbol.

Huh? Heh?

I'm hungry!

/ends Steiner

But really, there is a rumor that this is from budget cuts. Here's an idea TNA -- Stop signing every low rent, horse faced, steroid abusing wrassler that is cut by WWE. When your own homegrown talent is refusing to sign extensions and others are demanding their releases, your organization is sucking hard.

Winner Takes All:

-Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe

Hooray another match where Joe is denied the World Title and is a match to further devalue the already near worthless TNA titles!

Chamber Of Blood:

-Sting, Abyss & Test vs. Christian, AJ Styles & Tomko

Whatever happened to regular matches? Why the gimmick matches, TNA? You already overused the thumbtack spot so much that the workers have been forced to go for broken glass (safety glass) to get further shocks out of the fans.

Tag Dream Match:

-Steiner Brothers vs. Team 3-D

This would have been great about 8-10 years ago.

Bar Room Brawl:

-Rhino vs. James Storm

Who cares?

Humiliation Match:

-Eric Young vs. Robert Roode

Why is this feud still happening? Eric sucks and Roode needs to move on.

Tag-Match:

-LAX vs. VKM

A face LAX? WTF?

Singles Match:

-Dustin Rhodes vs. Chris Harris

Another WWE castoff set to get a major push and go over some homegrown talent.

Tag-Match:

-Triple X vs. Motorcity Machine Guns vs. Dutt & B. Machismo

Who needs continuity! Sure XXX should never be able to tag again but who cares about that.

TNA results:

Machismo and Dutt d. XXX and Motor City Machine Guns after Machismo's quick schoolboy.

Kaz d. Raven with a running big boot to the face.

James Storm d. Rhino with the beer bottle to the head.

LAX d. VKM with Homicide's quick schoolboy of Kip James after the match was re-started when VKM used powder. (totally set up the easy crackhead VKM joke too, however inadvertently)

Robert Roode d. Eric Young with a shot from a set of brass knuckles.

Chris Harris d. Dustin Rhodes by DQ when Rhodes handcuffed him to the ropes, hit him and then nailed him in the head off the top with a scepter that has a spike on the end.

Steiners d. 3D after D-Von gets hit with the Doomsday Bulldog and pinned.

Abyss/Sting/Test d. Christian Coalition after AJ got Black Hole Slammed onto broken glass by Abyss.

Angle/Joe is now on.

I'd guess you're a big bears fan, why don't you tape the game? Then again i'm a Cowboys fan so what do i know

It'll feel good to kick your @$$ all over Chicago this year :P :lol:

I don't know. I haven't missed a Bears home game live since I was 8, and any away games on TV since I was 10.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 12, 2007 -> 10:17 PM)
Samoa Joe does the Samoan Job to Angle.

Angle's wife gives Angle the chair in a swerve at the end (she was supposedly having a boyfriend etc.) and he clocked Joe with it FTW.

Kurt Angle is now IGF Third Belt Champ, X Division Champ, TNA World Champ and TNA Tag Team Champ.

Wow.

It's been pretty well-documented that I am NO mark for Joe, but TNA has completely and totally misused him.

There have been so many times that I've thought "okay, here's where they begin the Joe Era", and then they job him out to anyone and everyone.

It's to the point now that if and when he's finally given the strap, it's going to mean nothing - it's gone into that "blind squirrel" territory by now.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 13, 2007 -> 03:42 AM)
Wow.

It's been pretty well-documented that I am NO mark for Joe, but TNA has completely and totally misused him.

There have been so many times that I've thought "okay, here's where they begin the Joe Era", and then they job him out to anyone and everyone.

It's to the point now that if and when he's finally given the strap, it's going to mean nothing - it's gone into that "blind squirrel" territory by now.

There is a reason that he didn't sign a contract extension with TNA when given the opportunity.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Aug 12, 2007 -> 11:32 PM)
It'll feel good to kick your @$$ all over Chicago this year :P :lol:

I don't know. I haven't missed a Bears home game live since I was 8, and any away games on TV since I was 10.

Talk is cheap friend. :P Not missing a game for that long? That's dedication.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 13, 2007 -> 07:42 AM)
There is a reason that he didn't sign a contract extension with TNA when given the opportunity.

I don't blame him one bit for marking time til he can leave them.

Do you think he works Ring Of Honor for a while again, or does Vince try to snap him up?

I don't think Joe's "HOSS" enough for Vince, but he's pretty over with the TNA audience and the "internet crowd" so that may sway Vince to try to sign him.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 13, 2007 -> 11:52 AM)

Do you think he works Ring Of Honor for a while again, or does Vince try to snap him up?

I don't think Joe's "HOSS" enough for Vince, but he's pretty over with the TNA audience and the "internet crowd" so that may sway Vince to try to sign him.

I think Joe definitely has a good amount of internet momentum and a reasonably big name. Vince could snap him up right now and probably do a great program with Umaga right off the bat.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 13, 2007 -> 11:52 AM)

I'd like to see him work ROH/Japan but he's pretty much done almost everything there that there is to do.

If he did get hired by the E, he could be put in a good program. Hell, just go with his old gimmick from ROH -- he was the hired assassin from the Prophecy stable.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 13, 2007 -> 03:38 PM)
I'd like to see him work ROH/Japan but he's pretty much done almost everything there that there is to do.

If he did get hired by the E, he could be put in a good program. Hell, just go with his old gimmick from ROH -- he was the hired assassin from the Prophecy stable.

Maybe Vince could have had sex with Rikishi and Joe is his son?

"I did it for the PEOPLE!"

:lol:

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Aug 13, 2007 -> 04:34 PM)
I wonder if our QB can catch snaps? :lol:

That was cold. At least we don't have to worry about Romo hucking the ball downfield a minimum of 10 times a game.

Brian Adams was found by his wife unconscious in bed not breathing. She called 911 and Fire Rescue responded. Fire Rescue could not revive him and he was declared dead at the scene. The Medical Examiners Office responded and transported the body to their office to be examined. The cause of death is unknown at this time. There were no visible signs of injuries.

ProWrestlingSCOOPS.com

Evander Holyfield, Mick Foley, D-Lo Brown, The Iron Sheik, and Nikolai Volkoff are backstage at RAW tonight, i'm already marking for D-Lo. Hopefully he makes an appearance