Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 13, 2007 -> 07:08 PM)
DLO had a dark match. Heard Raw is being taped. What kind of crap is that? A taped Raw from MSG.

Only Saturday Night's Main Event is being taped, They'd be stupid to have a taped RAW from MSG. These are usually the best Raw's.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 13, 2007 -> 07:08 PM)
DLO had a dark match. Heard Raw is being taped. What kind of crap is that? A taped Raw from MSG.

Well, if the Iron Sheik is there, I think I'd tape it, too, or at least have a 15-second delay.

Mr. Sheik likes his F-bombs and references to "humbling" people, especially B. Brian Blair.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 13, 2007 -> 08:21 PM)
WWE Idol was awesome. I really like Santino's character right now.

Yeah - whoulda thunk he could find some personality? I marked out for that Cookie Monster line.

btw - to whoever above. Raw was taped. They taped SNME after it, and started it early.

Joe is not leaving TNA. I think they're waiting til Bound for Glory to give him the title. No one really thought he'd win, did they?

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 01:41 PM)
Yeah - whoulda thunk he could find some personality? I marked out for that Cookie Monster line.

btw - to whoever above. Raw was taped. They taped SNME after it, and started it early.

Joe is not leaving TNA. I think they're waiting til Bound for Glory to give him the title. No one really thought he'd win, did they?

Joe refused to sign the extension they've given, his friend was fined for writing something in support of Konnan on Konnan's MySpace page and lots of workers are demanding their releases from the sinking ship that is TNA.

They've completely misused Joe the entire time they've had him. He's a glorified jobber now. They've completely de-legitimized him as a threat to any title, especially the World Title.

I was getting into TNA before Russo came back. Wonder what the company would be like if they never hired him? Is everything really his fault? Who knows?

They were doing their own thing, had some interesting angles and personalities, than splat! Decided to throw pot shots at a company they are not even close to competing with and got pre-occupied with that rather than pushing the right talent, and making titles mean something.

It is sad. They were on their way up, had an underground following, and blew it.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 11:43 AM)
Joe refused to sign the extension they've given, his friend was fined for writing something in support of Konnan on Konnan's MySpace page and lots of workers are demanding their releases from the sinking ship that is TNA.

They've completely misused Joe the entire time they've had him. He's a glorified jobber now. They've completely de-legitimized him as a threat to any title, especially the World Title.

It's called negotiations.

I won't believe any of this unless I see links from the big two news sites.

As for misusing him - yes, I agree with that, but I do think his title reign is coming at BFG. (I should mention I didnt see HJ - it's being downloaded now)

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 01:49 PM)
It's called negotiations.

I won't believe any of this unless I see links from the big two news sites.

As for misusing him - yes, I agree with that, but I do think his title reign is coming at BFG. (I should mention I didnt see HJ - it's being downloaded now)

HJ sucked. The finish was really obvious. People have been thinking that the Reign of Joe would be coming for a while now but some new WWE cast-off comes in and always takes the strap instead.

And the refusal to sign the three year extension is pretty much common knowledge now. Between that and the asshat behavior of TNA towards their workers (Aries, Cide, et al.) it is no wonder why so many are trying to leave.

TNA has become Total Nonstop Angle.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 07:39 PM)
Do the Orton pose hard and cocky enough and the sheer force and smugness of it should blow the candles into submission.

Orton's matches blow hard enough to extinguish any candle and kill any heat.

:D :P

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 08:02 PM)
Orton's matches blow hard enough to extinguish any candle and kill any heat.

:D :P

Since the green means sarcasm, I knew you were turning into a fellow Orton-ite! Welcome!

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 08:39 PM)
Since the green means sarcasm, I knew you were turning into a fellow Orton-ite! Welcome!

:lol:

I'm conflicted. I will be happy to see the strap off of Cena, but I am far less than thrilled by the prospect of The Chinlock Champion keeping the belt warm for Trips.

Maybe a Hart/Yokozuna/Hogan type of immediate belt drop?

:D