Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 07:03 PM)
Do the Orton pose after blowing out the candles.

haha, we played tackle football for money today and after I scored the game winner I did the Orton pose in the end zone, it was sweet needless to say

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another wrestler passed away - at least this time it's someone who lived a relatively long time.

Courtesy of SLAM! Wrestling:

Dewey "Missing Link" Robertson passed away early this morning after a battle with cancer He was 68 years old. According to Slam! Robertson passed away at 3:30am yesterday morning at Hamilton's Henderson Hospital. He had been hospitalized for the past week.

Robertson broke into wrestling in the 1960's and worked as Dewey Robertson in several major territories of the day. It wasn't until he transformed into the bizarre "Missing Link" character that he broke out as a household name to wrestling fans everywhere. It was a total makeover for Robertson and he was unrecognizable even to friends who had known him for years. The new character sported green face paint and a shaved head with only tuft of hair at the top of his head.

Robertson battled drug addiction during the 80's, but later served on the board of directors of the Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse.

RIP Dewey aka Missing Link.

Courtesy Lords Of Pain:

TNA released Jerry Lynn, Matt Bentley, Brother Runt, Damaja and Basham. Their profiles were removed from TNA’s website immediately.

In Jerry Lynn’s case, he asked for his release, which was granted. Lynn has been with the company from its debut in 2002.

No huge losses at all in this round of cuts.

Also on LoP, Kurt Angle is taking over The Old Age Outlaws' gimmick in a way. TNA just filmed some comedy vignettes where Angle is in a bar in Connecticut and he gets in a fight with "Vince McMahon" and "Batista". The skits are said to be pretty funny, but I'll reserve judgment until I see if they are or not.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 09:19 PM)
Also on LoP, Kurt Angle is taking over The Old Age Outlaws' gimmick in a way. TNA just filmed some comedy vignettes where Angle is in a bar in Connecticut and he gets in a fight with "Vince McMahon" and "Batista". The skits are said to be pretty funny, but I'll reserve judgment until I see if they are or not.

If this is it, kinda lame. Why doesn't TNA just worry about there own product.

TNA iMPACT!: Kurt Angle Action Short

Posted Aug 08, 2007

Can Kurt Angle take on the henchmen of his nemesis?

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 09:23 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=1491641:date=Aug 17, 2007 -> 09:19 PM:name=The Critic)-->
QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 09:19 PM)
<!--quotec-->Also on LoP, Kurt Angle is taking over The Old Age Outlaws' gimmick in a way. TNA just filmed some comedy vignettes where Angle is in a bar in Connecticut and he gets in a fight with "Vince McMahon" and "Batista". The skits are said to be pretty funny, but I'll reserve judgment until I see if they are or not.

If this is it, kinda lame. Why doesn't TNA just worry about there own product.

TNA iMPACT!: Kurt Angle Action Short

Posted Aug 08, 2007

Can Kurt Angle take on the henchmen of his nemesis?

Wow, that's horrible.

And I agree, TNA's time would be better spent on scouting and developing new stars, rather than fixating on Vince.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 10:58 PM)
Bring back the best sig ever, in preparation for the celebration of the killing of the Legend of John Cena's title reign!

Could someone please make me a sig with Orton missing the RKO on Jericho from that botchfest video? Thanks. ;)

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 11:43 AM)
That was funny, but not Orton's fault.

That's true, it wasn't his fault, but for me the funniest part was Orton going for the move again immediately.

No improvising or anything like that, just re-do the spot right away.

:D

Source - PWInsider

Tickets for this year's WWE No Mercy pay-per-view will go on sale at 11:00 a.m. ET on September 8th. The event will be held on October 17th at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, IL. Tickets are priced at $200, $85, $65, $45 and $25.

Big Daddy V will likely be moved to SmackDown in October or November to feud with top stars such as Batista and Rey Mysterio. In the meantime, they'll continue to build him up as a monster on ECW. This is more or less a mirror image of what they did with Snitsky before shipping him back to Raw, although Snitsky has yet to work with any top stars.

Every set of Cody Rhodes trunks seem to suck ass. Jeez.

And with this Triple H/King Booker skit, it is nice to see that they got the Owen Hart nose out of storage.

Plus, heel Santino is getting to me. I am enjoying it. Let him go over Simmons in a dick/heelish fashion and he'll get some more heat.