Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE(juddling @ Oct 9, 2007 -> 01:29 PM)
A little Ric Flair news for a Tuesday afternoon.....

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Professional wrestler Ric Flair is suing a South Carolina car dealership for imitating the "Nature Boy" and his well-known slogans to sell cars.

Flair said Freedom Suzuki of Columbia used his persona without permission in radio and TV ads featuring a blond Captain Freedom shouting "Whoeee" and "To be the man, you got to beat the man!"

Attorney Eric Bland said the "Whoeee" sounds exactly like the "Wooo!" his client Flair has shouted into microphones for decades.

An attorney for the dealership would not talk about the case last week. He did not return a phone call Monday.

Bland said the slogans are synonymous with Flair.

Bland said the Charlotte resident is nearing the end of his wrestling career and needs to capitalize on his image that he must protect.

When I first saw this, I thought it might've been called French Suzuki at some point.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Oct 9, 2007 -> 05:41 PM)
Or a return of the Hart Foundation led by Jericho.

Again, that makes zero sense.. plus there have been talks that Bret Hart is open about being involved with bringing the new Hart foundation into WWE, which would be pretty sweet..

QUOTE(Shadows @ Oct 9, 2007 -> 07:01 PM)
Again, that makes zero sense.. plus there have been talks that Bret Hart is open about being involved with bringing the new Hart foundation into WWE, which would be pretty sweet..

He's Canadian and trained in Hart's dungeon. Makes enough sense to me.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Oct 9, 2007 -> 06:07 PM)
He's Canadian and trained in Hart's dungeon. Makes enough sense to me.

Yeah but they wont latch something on with Jericho.. when he returns I am fairly certain he will be immediately thrown into the main event contention

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 9, 2007 -> 08:11 PM)
Just watched Jericho's 99 debut on dailymotion.com. The unedited one. Love when everyone starts chanting "Rocky, Rocky!" and Jericho replies, "Thank you!"

I'll never get tired of that clip.

As I've said before, that's the last WW(F)E show I attended, and Jericho's entrance was by far the highlight of the show.

Jericho needs to come back YESTERDAY!

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 9, 2007 -> 08:47 PM)
I'll never get tired of that clip.

As I've said before, that's the last WW(F)E show I attended, and Jericho's entrance was by far the highlight of the show.

Jericho needs to come back YESTERDAY!

That was my favorite moment at anytime during my WWE/F history..

As soon as it flashed Jericho and the crowd popped I went nuts, that was sick

Second Generation Hart Foundation could be scrapped.

- There are not a lot of details right now, but it appears as if Teddy Hart and WWE have parted ways. With Hart's departure from the company it looks as if the entire planned Second Generation Hart Foundation angle will be scrapped. There should be more on this story soon.

- Hart joined WWE for another stint in developmental months ago. Reports were that there would be a "Second Generation Hart Foundation" group formed and the group did end up forming in developmental with Hart, Harry Smith, TJ Wilson, Nattie Neidhart and Ted DiBiase Jr. The group, mainly Hart, Smith and Neidhart, were to be brought up to the Smackdown roster soon but with Hart gone, the whole angle may be dropped.

Credit: Pwinsider.com

Just watched Jericho's 99 debut on dailymotion.com. The unedited one. Love when everyone starts chanting "Rocky, Rocky!" and Jericho replies, "Thank you!"

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM0O7NyDGd4"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM0O7NyDGd4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM0O7NyDGd4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

How many times are you going to post that? :canada

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 11, 2007 -> 03:25 PM)
The complete Scott Hall Shoot Interview is up at veoh.com.

I shall be watching it this weekend.

Just watched it on YouTube.

Pretty interesting stuff.

Hall's a good talker but I never what percentage of his words to believe.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 12, 2007 -> 05:44 PM)
Just watched it on YouTube.

Pretty interesting stuff.

Hall's a good talker but I never what percentage of his words to believe.

The version on youtube is only 1/4 of the whole one. It is like 3 hours long.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 13, 2007 -> 07:56 AM)
I think 3 hours is too much Hall.

:D

I'm only an hour into it and can't wait to have some free time to finish. I think he is a good talker with some good stories. I like how he talks about psychology in the ring and points to certain things. Makes me look back and go, "I remember that. It makes sense."

Started reading Chris Jericho's book. Good read. Lots of funny stories of when he was a kid and he thought wrestling was legit until he was 18 or 19.

He has good personality in the way he writes. He tells a story of when he and a buddy were following the 4 Horseman around for 90 minutes before the Horseman threw their car in reverse and ran them off the road. Tull yelled out for them to get girlfriends and stop following them. Jericho than writes, "I didn't have time for a girlfriend, I was busy being obsessed with wrestling."

Funny stories on every page.

Somebody PLEASE stop Vince Russo.

David Arquette Returning to Wrestling?

Date Added: October 16, 2007

Story By: Marc Middleton

Partial source: Wrestling Observer

- TNA is in talks with former WCW World Champion and actor David Arquette about making his TNA debut. Apparently Arquette has contacted Johnny Fairplay to be his manager.

In other bad news, Booker and Sharmell's WWE release is official.