Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 10:57 AM)
I didn't have a problem with talking/ rudeness watching Juno at the Loews (now AMC) in Woodridge.

I also saw the Darjeeling Limited there. It was a tiny theater and there were a grand total of 5 people including me and my girlfriend.

Yeah, I'm kinda in your area and have been to all the theatres around there and I've never experienced all the problems people talk about on here. I was just at Seven Bridges this past Saturday to see Fools Gold(wifes turn to pick) and it was pretty quiet throughout the movie. I found it funny that the girl a seat away from me was texting her friend right when the thing came on the screen about not texting. She pretty much seemed oblivious to the message, but she did stop when the movie started. I saw her check her phone a couple times during the show, but she wasn typing to anyone or anything.

Shipps you should have said something to that family. If someone was ruining a movie for me....you bet your ass I'm saying something....either to them directly or to a worker.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 12:14 PM)
I was just at Seven Bridges this past Saturday to see Fools Gold(wifes turn to pick)

I doubt that...lol

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 12:14 PM)
and it was pretty quiet throughout the movie.

That I don't doubt.

:lolhitting

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 04:16 PM)
I doubt that...lol

That I don't doubt.

:lolhitting

Doh...Busted!! I'm the one that has a thing for McConaughey's Pecs!!!

It wasn't anything great or even good, but passable I thought. Typical genre flick....where you can figure out the whole movie from the previews. It could have used some more comic relief, but they wasted Ewen Bremner's character. At least, it was a bit more adventure/treasure hunt than I anticipated, not to mention there's nothing like staring at some beautiful tropical scenery to escape a Chicago Febraury. Rent it, don't take it too seriously, enjoy both kinds of scenery and be happy you didn't spend 20 bucks to see it.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 14, 2008 -> 07:37 PM)
Another steaming turd coming up from Jack Black.

"Be Kind, Rewind". Ugh.

It's made by Michel Gondry, who did Spotless Mind. Never know. I don't think the movie will be as simple as the trailer makes it.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 14, 2008 -> 10:02 PM)
It's made by Michel Gondry, who did Spotless Mind. Never know. I don't think the movie will be as simple as the trailer makes it.

Hell no it won't. Michel Gondry is quite an inventive director.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 14, 2008 -> 10:02 PM)

I hope it can end up being good, but I'm not really a big Jack Black fan anyway.

The commercials I've seen are not promising at all.

Iam not a Jack Black fan either(all that he does is sway back and forth and rapidly look side to side while he talks :huh ) but I have enjoyed Mos Def in every movie that I have seen him in.For that reason I will give it a try.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 02:37 PM)
I think I've literally seen every (non-chick flick) movie that has come out in the last three months. Just throwing that out there. I go to at least one movie a week, and usually two.

Considering this is the worst time to see a movie (content wise)...I'm sorry for you.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 16, 2008 -> 02:46 AM)
Finally saw Juno. Ellen Page wasn't nearly as obnoxious and pretentious as she was in Hard Candy. In fact, she was quite charming.

Enjoyable film for a Valentine's Day Night.

Well I saw Hard Candy for the 1st time on the weekend.

Ummm, it was an interesting movie to say the least.

So weird seeing Ellen Page play 2 completely different roles, and yet do them so well.

Michael Cera could learn a thing or 2 here.

So...I saw Atonement last night to complete my viewing of the 5 nominees for Best Picture at the Oscars. My personal ranking would look something like this.

1) No Country for Old Men

2) Juno

3) There Will Be Blood

4) Atonement

5) Michael Clayton

Anyone else seen all 5? I think it's a pretty good group this year all things considered. At least there's no real duds even with Michael Clayton just seeming like a slightly above average legal thriller. I fail to see how that movie warrants 7 nominations.

QUOTE(The Bones @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 02:12 PM)
So...I saw Atonement last night to complete my viewing of the 5 nominees for Best Picture at the Oscars. My personal ranking would look something like this.

1) No Country for Old Men

2) Juno

3) There Will Be Blood

4) Atonement

5) Michael Clayton

Anyone else seen all 5? I think it's a pretty good group this year all things considered. At least there's no real duds even with Michael Clayton just seeming like a slightly above average legal thriller. I fail to see how that movie warrants 7 nominations.

:cry

only seen Juno, so far. NC4OM and TWBB are on the list. I can probably get my wife to watch Atonement and MC, though.