Films Thread

Chisoxfn

I did catch "It's All Gone Pete Tong" during Soxtalk's hiatus. It was a highly entertaining film about a superstar DJ in Ibiza who winds up losing his hearing. It's shot in somewhat of a mockumentary style and has several funny moments. Overall a 7 out of 10.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jul 23, 2007 -> 03:40 PM)
Agreed, and I find that to be a shame. I really like Sandler and James (and Biel's um, hot). It's a shame that they couldn't pull something together. I keep trying to convince myself that it'd be worth seeing, but I can't do it.

No, there is pretty much nothing to recommend about this. Even Biel's underwear shot and "boob feel-up" isn't all that great. There is a drop the soap joke, that while predictable and an old joke, is actually a decent scene. The look on James face makes it worthwhile, as does the slow motion. The inclusion of Ving Rhames also made it less painful, as he is like James in that he makes everything a little bit better.

David Spade is bad in his cameo. Rob Schneider is decent in his cameo. Ackroyd is still slumming it though.

QUOTE(SnB @ Jul 23, 2007 -> 11:27 PM)
I actually really enjoyed Chuck and Larry. I'm a huge fan of kevin james though.

He wasn't in it nearly as much as Sandler, and that crippled the flick greatly. Someday people will realize that James can carry a major film all by himself. He was what worked in that film, and he is what made Hitch somewhat less that irritating.

I know there's a lot of people on here who enjoy Christian Bale's work, as I am definitely one of them. There's one movie that always seems to get over looked for some reason, Equilibrium. It's just a damn good action movie with some outstanding acting spliced in. I always found it to be more enjoyable than the Matrix due to there being some real acting going on in Equilibrium.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 02:50 AM)
I know there's a lot of people on here who enjoy Christian Bale's work, as I am definitely one of them. There's one movie that always seems to get over looked for some reason, Equilibrium. It's just a damn good action movie with some outstanding acting spliced in. I always found it to be more enjoyable than the Matrix due to there being some real acting going on in Equilibrium.

That movie was sweet. The part where the screen was dark and Bale was waiting for those guys to come in and the only light during the sequence was from the light of the guns going off. Good flick.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 12:25 PM)
Taye Digs was in Equilibrium...

and you just said that there was "real acting going on in Equilibrium."

You probably liked "Million Dollar Baby" too, didn't you.

but his face got sliced off which made it all worth while

and who doesn't enjoy some gunkata

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 12:31 PM)
but his face got sliced off which made it all worth while

and who doesn't enjoy some gunkata

you, sir, are guilty of a sense crime...

Christian Bale was great in that movie, which required the actors to have no emotion; however, they should have called up Hayden Christianson and Ryan Fellippe, who are the Drab Actors of American Movies (otherwise known as "DAAM!") spokes people, to star in this film.

See "Broken Glass" and "Breach" for perfect examples.

I've never even seen Million Dollar Baby and probably never will. Taye Diggs was annoying as all hell in Equilibrium, that much is obvious but Bale was just fantastic and since he was on screen for about 100% of the scenes in the movie he was able to carry it along despite his supporting cast and a flimsy plot.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 11:09 PM)
Anyone going to see the Simpsons movie tonight? I'm sure it's going to be awful, but it's something I have to see.

I'm waiting until tommorow, I don't wanna see it that bad.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 12:31 AM)
I'm waiting until tommorow, I don't wanna see it that bad.

I'm actually pretty anxious to see it but I probably wont be able to until sometime later this weekend. Like I said, it's probably going to suck but it's still something I'm looking forward to seeing.

Edited by Rowand44

I'm wrestling with the idea of seeing it. I know I'll hate the movie but I feel obligated to at least watch it since I absolutely loved the show growing up. I'll probably end up waiting until it comes to Starz or Cinemax or whatever, I'd rather not drop $10 on a piece of s*** like the Simpson's Movie when I could go see Rescue Dawn instead.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 02:50 AM)

I liked the movie, but I thought at the end when he just simply f***ed everyone up was pretty over the top, liked the rest of it though.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 01:09 AM)
I'm wrestling with the idea of seeing it. I know I'll hate the movie but I feel obligated to at least watch it since I absolutely loved the show growing up. I'll probably end up waiting until it comes to Starz or Cinemax or whatever, I'd rather not drop $10 on a piece of s*** like the Simpson's Movie when I could go see Rescue Dawn instead.

Rescue Dawn is playing in Gurnee. I'm going this afternoon for sure.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 03:47 AM)
I liked the movie, but I thought at the end when he just simply f***ed everyone up was pretty over the top, liked the rest of it though.

Have you enjoyed the Simpson's tv show for the past 8 seasons or so?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 03:39 AM)
9 out of 10 stars on imdb so far. And my step brother said it was phenominal.

Hmm...

Dan Castellaneta could fart into a microphone for and hour and a half and it would still get at least 8.5 stars on there. The movie could be absolutely terrible and it wouldn't matter, it's the Simpson's, people will love it no matter what.