Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 12:08 PM)
Says you! Drake and Josh is comedic gold in comparison!!!

LMAO

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 12:12 PM)
looking for the obligatory boob shot, then... :lol:

"comedy" cannot be the answer to "why did I rent this?"

A+

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 08:52 PM)
Holy s*** this movie looks hilarious..

This looks like a decent enough dumb comedy. I'm sure I'll see it at some point.

But I'm really developing an unnatural hatred for the fat guy from Superbad. He is reaching Jack Black-like status to me, where every time I see him I want to punch something, vomit, or punch the vomit.

Saw Juno last night....I really enjoyed it. I share some other's opinions on the dialogue...Gilmore Girls is a perfect reference. I only saw that show a couple times, but Juno's lingo has the same vibe. What's different is she also ads in some perfect teenage dialogue and teenage reactions/antics to make it all work together.

One thing though

The thing with Jason Bateman almost got a little creepy...it kinda took it right to the edge like...don't tell me they're going to....whew they're not.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jan 18, 2008 -> 11:24 AM)
One thing though

The thing with Jason Bateman almost got a little creepy...it kinda took it right to the edge like...don't tell me they're going to....whew they're not.

You could kind of see that coming... I was glad to see Juno flip out on him though... you could tell in the first scenes of the couple wanting to adopt Juno's bastard that Bateman's character was uncomfortable. I though he took it to another level just having a pregnant 16 year old over watching slasher flicks and rocking out. I liked that Juno still let Garner's character adopt the kid.

One of the funniest f***ing things was when Bateman bent down and said "It looks like a bill from Jiffy Lube."

HAHA

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jan 18, 2008 -> 12:39 PM)

You could kind of see that coming... I was glad to see Juno flip out on him though... you could tell in the first scenes of the couple wanting to adopt Juno's bastard that Bateman's character was uncomfortable. I though he took it to another level just having a pregnant 16 year old over watching slasher flicks and rocking out. I liked that Juno still let Garner's character adopt the kid.

One of the funniest f***ing things was when Bateman bent down and said "It looks like a bill from Jiffy Lube."

HAHA

Exactly, right when things were about to get totally f***ed up, Juno shows she is the mature one. The vibe that maybe there was some attraction going on is quickly dispersed when Juno freaks out and you realize she was wasn't flirting or anything. She was just a 16 yr old kid able to relate to the Bateman character and I think in her mind...it was totally innocent. As for Bateman's real intentions you're kinda left wondering is he a real sleeze bag or not?

Yeah the jiffy lube line had me rolling...

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jan 19, 2008 -> 04:24 AM)
Saw Juno last night....I really enjoyed it. I share some other's opinions on the dialogue...Gilmore Girls is a perfect reference. I only saw that show a couple times, but Juno's lingo has the same vibe. What's different is she also ads in some perfect teenage dialogue and teenage reactions/antics to make it all work together.

One thing though

I despise the Gilmore Girls and yet I loved this movie, so I find that quite ironic.

Ellen Page's performance stole the show. She's set for big things in the future no doubt.

The 1st scene were she meets Garner/Bateman was hilarious with the dialogue I thought.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 19, 2008 -> 09:10 AM)
Watched 3:10 to Yuma last night. Some goodt acting performances but a ridiculous screenplay. Too many holes in the story to mention.

Really? I'm usually all over that, and I didn't see any. Of course, its a Western, and I wasn't expecting an airtight screenplay I guess.

To add to the 3:10 to Yuma comments, I too just watched it. It was incredible... the only hole that bugged me throughout the movie was patched at the end when

Russell Crowe's character pointed out that he'd escaped from Yuma twice already, so that's why he went along with things...

I really enjoyed this film and think its easily on the level of Tombstone and Unforgiven.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jan 20, 2008 -> 11:18 PM)
To add to the 3:10 to Yuma comments, I too just watched it. It was incredible... the only hole that bugged me throughout the movie was patched at the end when

Russell Crowe's character pointed out that he'd escaped from Yuma twice already, so that's why he went along with things...

I really enjoyed this film and think its easily on the level of Tombstone and Unforgiven.

why did that bug you?

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 09:09 AM)
why did that bug you?

It bugged me because there were numerous times he could have easily escaped and did not. He had a gun at one point and could have easily killed those holding him captive.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 09:09 AM)
why did that bug you?

It was answered at the end. I was like, "it's great he likes Bale's character and all, but he's helping (especially in the end) and will wind up dead." His character was not the type that would sacrifice his life so Bale could get $200 and his son's respect.

Once I realized he knew he'd be escaping and it was all a moot point, it all made sense.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 02:46 PM)
I thoroughly enjoyed The Descent. I commented on I Am Legend and how lame it was for using CGI monsters instead of what The Descent did.

I rented it and will be watching it tonight based on your guys suggestion. It better be good :)