Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jul 28, 2007 -> 08:18 PM)
No, I still think Michael Keaton was the best..

And im just giving Kalapse s*** about Bale

And im just giving you s*** ;)

My opinion of Bale is that he is fitting the role of a young and learning Batman perfectly. Cocky, angry, raw, as realistic as possible given the idea of the Bruce Wayne/Batman character. I have a friend that doesnt like him as Batman because he has a slight lisp (probably from covering up his accent), but I really really enjoyed everything he brought to Batman begins.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 05:07 PM)
"The Dark Knight" wonderers...go to http://www.whysoserious.com/

Click the small static box after the word "hunted".

Some other sites to check out are...

www.thedarkknight.com

http://ibelieveinharveydent.warnerbros.com/

http://www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com/ (drag over the dark text)

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 29, 2007 -> 10:52 PM)
I was told by a friend that a large chunk of the loop was shutdown last night due to filming for the new Batman.

I'm so sick of this f***ing downtown shutdown.

Just finish your s***ty movie and move along so I can find street parking when I need it again.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 29, 2007 -> 11:28 PM)
So i saw that there Simpsons Movie today. Can I please have that 77 minutes back?

They didn't even make an attempt to put together an entertaining storyline.

No, you cant have it back. You b**ch about the show all the time, it serves you right for going to see the movie. ;)

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 29, 2007 -> 12:59 AM)
Watched Poolhall Junkies today. Never even heard of it before today but my roommate had it so I gave it a watch. I really enjoyed it.

I liked that movie when it was called "Rounders" or ten other movies... But like most s***ty movies, the director calls in Chris Walken at the last minute to bail the movie out.

News from the Comic-Con

Straight to DVD, Superman Doomsday

Iron Man Mark 1 Armor

from screenrant.com

Despite a complete lack of attention given to The Dark Knight at Warner's Comic-Con panel over the weekend, the film remained one of the more talked about projects thanks to some clever marketing, including the circulation of fake dollar bills and a phone number in sky writing. Gaining the most attention, however, was the website WhySoSerious.com that provided fans with a precise location around the convention grounds to meet at 10am Friday.

For a full report of the day's events - written as a Gotham City Police report - visit this link. The main site also features the simple first teaser for The Dark Knight in high definition Quicktime format - it's little more than an animated logo and some dialogue, though you do get to hear Heath Ledger in his much anticipated role as The Joker.

A new image - as seen above - has also been released, offering a better glimpse at Ledger in costume and in all his homicidal glory.

Personally, I'm a big fan of what we're seeing so far. As much as Batman movie fans have a soft spot for Jack Nicholson's take on the character, it's all too easy to forget sometimes that it's been almost a generation since we last saw The Joker on the big screen. This homicidal maniac being portrayed by Ledger seems to be an entirely different take and significantly more creepy than what we've previously seen on film. My only gripe would be that the viral marketing may prove to hype the character up so much that disappointment ensues come next year.

Hopefully, that won't be the case.

In the meantime, fans can expect more news to come out of Wizard World Chicago between August 9-12.

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 30, 2007 -> 02:03 PM)
The Simpson has an 88% on Rotten Tomatoes and 81 MetaCritic rating. Kalapse=hater

Hopefully going to see it tonight. Still cannot wait.

You'll enjoy it. I saw it twice, 2nd time not by choice...and liked it even more.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jul 30, 2007 -> 02:04 PM)
saw The Simpsons movie TWICE. Absolutely loved it. Marge swears! Bart's doodle! Ralph sings!

Anyone who didnt like it apparently just doesnt like life.

Maybe I'm just not amused by cartoon penises. I'm weird like that.

QUOTE(TheOcho @ Jul 30, 2007 -> 05:35 PM)
I don't understand why I would pay 7 or 9 bucks to see a show I can see on television... just my own opinion.

I agree, really ever since they changed writers the show went downhill. I lost interest and just cant get myself to go see it.

Ill wait for it to hit Fox or Blockbuster.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 30, 2007 -> 03:54 PM)
I agree, really ever since they changed writers the show went downhill. I lost interest and just cant get myself to go see it.

Ill wait for it to hit Fox or Blockbuster.

You do realize that there wasn't just like one moment where they changed writers, correct? There's been a flux in and out since pretty much day 1.

QUOTE(TheOcho @ Jul 30, 2007 -> 05:35 PM)
I don't understand why I would pay 7 or 9 bucks to see a show I can see on television... just my own opinion.

I laughed at the joke Homer made at the beginning that basically goes along with paying to see something for free.