Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw Vantage Point a few hours ago. It was a decent action flick. I probably would've enjoyed it much more if I hadn't seen the preview for it at least 25 times. They showed that trailer before almost every movie I've seen in the last 3 months. It was almost a chore to actually watch the movie.

Edited by Milkman delivers

I seen Micheal Clayton last night and was dissappointed.I was expecting more of a twisty plot but there wasnt.The part that bothered me the most was Micheal Clayton was supposed to be this shady slimy character that "cleaned up" dirty legal situations and yet he seemed so ignorant to the fact that the company he was working for could possibly be doing bad things to people from the inside that turned on them.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Feb 23, 2008 -> 05:46 PM)
I just saw Vantage Point a few hours ago. It was a decent action flick. I probably would've enjoyed it much more if I hadn't seen the preview for it at least 25 times. They showed that trailer before almost every movie I've seen in the last 3 months. It was almost a chore to actually watch the movie.

I thought Vantage Point sucked.I like the idea of the plot but you could hear people laughing in the theatre when they realised that you were going to have to watch the same seen over and over again.All the point of views were to similar, it got so redundant I couldnt wait for the movie to end and it wasnt even half way over.

QUOTE(shipps @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 04:27 PM)
I thought Vantage Point sucked.I like the idea of the plot but you could hear people laughing in the theatre when they realised that you were going to have to watch the same seen over and over again.All the point of views were to similar, it got so redundant I couldnt wait for the movie to end and it wasnt even half way over.

Yeah, I thought it was terrible too. My experience was the same too, people just started laughing after they would cut to do the scene again.

QUOTE(shipps @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 10:27 AM)

Perhaps the movie just sucked and I attributed my feeling of boredom to something else. Either way, I don't really ever plan on seeing that movie again.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 28, 2008 -> 12:24 PM)
Breakfast Club on TV Land. They dub over the curse words and the word Shorts. When Judd Nelson tells the Principal to "Eat My Shorts." They dub it so he says, "Eat my Socks."

Yeah that was terrible. But honestly, the was the first time I watched the whole movie straight through.

Just saw The Diving Bell and the Butterfly. Wow. It really was a piece of art. Sad, funny, supremely moving. But it gives you the sensation of if you sat and read an entire Camus novel in one sitting--a little bit too much existence too quickly. If that makes sense. Definitely recommended.

(Although I did have a slight horrible flashback to Un Chien Andalou at one point in the film--which was a little ickers.)