Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know some of you said it looked awful but I did see 10000 BC.

It surely didn't wow me like Apocalypto did but i thought it was alright. Highlight of that movie was Camilla Belle, um wow....thats all I have to say.

I don't know if it was the theater I was at but the picture was kinda fuzzy in parts.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 03:58 PM)
I know some of you said it looked awful but I did see 10000 BC.

It surely didn't wow me like Apocalypto did but i thought it was alright. Highlight of that movie was Camilla Belle, um wow....thats all I have to say.

I don't know if it was the theater I was at but the picture was kinda fuzzy in parts.

I actually saw Apocalypto for the first time a few days ago. It was good, but can someone explain to me what was so incredibly great about it? A guy I knew back in school said it was the best movie he'd ever seen.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 07:47 PM)
I actually saw Apocalypto for the first time a few days ago. It was good, but can someone explain to me what was so incredibly great about it? A guy I knew back in school said it was the best movie he'd ever seen.

Personally, for me, at the time I saw it I was in a history class and we discussed the Mayans, Incas and Aztecs so I found it interesting and from what we discussed the movie was pretty dead on compared to those ancient tribes' cultures.

Overall after the slow beginning the movie had lots of action and I guess found it to be interesting and different compared to other movies.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 07:47 PM)

I thought it was awful. Pretty much a waste of 2 hours and 8 dollars. They could have just called it "The Passion of the Mayans", except without the realism.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Mar 3, 2008 -> 07:49 PM)
I just got Juno, Into the Wild, I am Legend, No country for old men, There will be blood, Bucket List and Dan in real life on DVD and Im having a hard time watching them because after about the first 15 minutes of any of them I wonder if Ill like another one better...

You must have quite a unique taste. I saw most of those and like them.

You have to give There Will Be Blood more than 15 minutes though that's for sure.

Final WALL-E trailer from Pixar.

This looks incredible. Dreamworks cannot hold a candle to these guys. AMAZING...I can't wait.

By the way, the live action film WALL-E is watching is a clip from the movie "Hello Dolly". Asked why he is watching that, the director said: "Because WALL-E has bad taste..." LOL

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Mar 12, 2008 -> 07:56 AM)
Final WALL-E trailer from Pixar.

This looks incredible. Dreamworks cannot hold a candle to these guys. AMAZING...I can't wait.

By the way, the live action film WALL-E is watching is a clip from the movie "Hello Dolly". Asked why he is watching that, the director said: "Because WALL-E has bad taste..." LOL

Wall-E looks good, Im looking forward to bringing my daughter to the movie. Dreamworks is good, I like their stuff, but you are right about Pixar, they own the patent on great kids flicks

Big News everyone! The L.A Times is reporting an exclusive today: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be made in two films, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 , and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2. Furthermore, the paper cites producer David Heyman confirming the return of David Yates as director for both films, with Steven Kloves to finish out his duties as screenwriter. The movies are to be filmed at the same time, and will be released several months apart, with Part One due November 2010, and Part Two, May 2011.

QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 12, 2008 -> 11:16 PM)
I realize that the Ang Lee/Eric Bana one sucked, but why make another one so soon?

Is it a sequel or something?

Yeah, sort of. A sequel of the Ang Lee film was always planned, and it was going to be Grey Hulk, but then Marvel Studios decided to buy back the righst and do the next film themselves in a very different style. This film is supposed to have continuity with the first one, but Edward Norton's revised screenplay includes a lot of origin flashback so the film is going to be sort of a sequel/reboot hybrid.

Supposedly this film will borrow heavily from the tone and style of the old TV series which I really didn't much care for when it came out.

Hulk looks good in the trailer, but I dislike the updated abomination from what i can see in the trailer. I also see that Robert Downey is going to cameo in this film as Tony Stark,so having some actor continuity in the new slate of films will be good. I assume that means both Downy and Norton will reprise their roles for th Avengers film when it comes out.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 13, 2008 -> 01:24 AM)
Yeah, sort of. A sequel of the Ang Lee film was always planned, and it was going to be Grey Hulk, but then Marvel Studios decided to buy back the righst and do the next film themselves in a very different style. This film is supposed to have continuity with the first one, but Edward Norton's revised screenplay includes a lot of origin flashback so the film is going to be sort of a sequel/reboot hybrid.

Supposedly this film will borrow heavily from the tone and style of the old TV series which I really didn't much care for when it came out.

Hulk looks good in the trailer, but I dislike the updated abomination from what i can see in the trailer. I also see that Robert Downey is going to cameo in this film as Tony Stark,so having some actor continuity in the new slate of films will be good. I assume that means both Downy and Norton will reprise their roles for th Avengers film when it comes out.

I didnt think the Abomination looked great, but all I ever wanted in a Hulk movie is a "Hulk Fight! Hulk Smash!" scene. Seeing them lock eyes and start charging each other was awesome, especially with the Hulk roar right before he charged. I dont expect the world of comic book movies, I want to be entertained and I dont want the character to be different than how I know him/her in the comics.

I actually appreciated the Ang Lee version for his attempt at making it look like a comic. I just think he was misguided in presenting the story as a love story/ bruce banners father soap opera. But I thought Sam Elliott was great as the general and Jennifer Connelly is smokin hot and was great as the heartbroken love interest. Just not enough firepower to make it look like the Hulk had any problems dealing with the US army. Its going to be awesome seeing him go up against somethign as formidable as himself.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 13, 2008 -> 07:44 AM)
I didnt think the Abomination looked great, but all I ever wanted in a Hulk movie is a "Hulk Fight! Hulk Smash!" scene. Seeing them lock eyes and start charging each other was awesome, especially with the Hulk roar right before he charged. I dont expect the world of comic book movies, I want to be entertained and I dont want the character to be different than how I know him/her in the comics.

I actually appreciated the Ang Lee version for his attempt at making it look like a comic. I just think he was misguided in presenting the story as a love story/ bruce banners father soap opera. But I thought Sam Elliott was great as the general and Jennifer Connelly is smokin hot and was great as the heartbroken love interest. Just not enough firepower to make it look like the Hulk had any problems dealing with the US army. Its going to be awesome seeing him go up against somethign as formidable as himself.

I also give Ang Lee props for the visual aspects of the first film. All I wanted was purple pants for the Hulk, and I got them!

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 13, 2008 -> 09:05 AM)
I also give Ang Lee props for the visual aspects of the first film. All I wanted was purple pants for the Hulk, and I got them!

LOL, and there is that too.

One of the things I am excited about in this movie is that there are rumors that this version of the Hulk is going to transition in future movies to the Gray Hulk.

I dont know, every time I watch the scene in the new trailer of Hulk getting out of the ground and roaring, and charging Abomination, I think the movie is gonna be awesome.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 13, 2008 -> 08:16 PM)
I was against this one at first. I have since changed my mind

Hell Yeah! When I was a kid, Speed racer was my world. I was also worried a live-action version would suck until I found out the matrix Brothers were going to be doing it. I saw Snake Oiler in there and I think I caught a glimpse of the flippin' mammoth Car too! Now, if they manage to get Kabbalah of Kopetipek in there and then have Inspector Detector show up for good measure, I'll be happy.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 13, 2008 -> 01:24 AM)

there is an interview of the director on screenrant, here is part of his explanation of the Abomination:

(director)Leterrier also explains why the Abomination looks the way he does; he can't justify the look of the comics on the screen, and I'm okay with that. It makes sense that Emil Blonsky (here, an older, not-quite-where-he-wants-to-be American military man who takes the ultimate risk) had the gamma juice put into his body and bones. Hence the exoskeleton.

I read this on a site (possibly aintitcoolnews.com?) when the new Hulk movie was first talked about, so take it with a grain of salt. I believe that the new movie will be more "comic book." That is to say maybe have a little humor mixed in and not as dramatic as the first one.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 11:17 AM)
there is an interview of the director on screenrant, here is part of his explanation of the Abomination:

Yeah, folks who want comic book heroes to be more plausible just don't get comic books imo.

You said you don't want characters to be different from the comic versions, but for that matter the whole reboot of the Hulk origin – lab experiment gone wrong versus the cheesy but brilliant GAMMA BOMB BLAST!!! – is a big revision that irks me. I know that Silver Age comics were really hokey and completely implausible and all, but that's what I loved about them. Heck, the Golden Age stuff was even worse, but if they ever do a film version of the Jay Garrick Flash then he sure as hell had better have gotten his powers by breathing hard water fumes ( :lolhitting :lolhitting ) or I will channel the spirit of Gardner Fox and kick some Hollywod screenwriter's a$$.

:D

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 11:00 AM)
Yeah, folks who want comic book heroes to be more plausible just don't get comic books imo.

You said you don't want characters to be different from the comic versions, but for that matter the whole reboot of the Hulk origin – lab experiment gone wrong versus the cheesy but brilliant GAMMA BOMB BLAST!!! – is a big revision that irks me. I know that Silver Age comics were really hokey and completely implausible and all, but that's what I loved about them. Heck, the Golden Age stuff was even worse, but if they ever do a film version of the Jay Garrick Flash then he sure as hell had better have gotten his powers by breathing hard water fumes ( :lolhitting :lolhitting ) or I will channel the spirit of Gardner Fox and kick some Hollywod screenwriter's a$$.

:D

I believe that the masses that pay to see the movies in the theatres have a bigger impact on "re-imaginations" and "reboots" that we keep seeing. The directors get killed by critics and viewers alike for not being realistic enough in this day and age of CGI effects and HD.

The Hulk in the comic books evolved into something different, I think I can accept a movie evolution as well.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 13, 2008 -> 07:16 PM)
I was against this one at first. I have since changed my mind

Ive never seen the original show and Im a big Hirsch fan but I have no idea what is going on there. Is it in the future, is he imaging it?