Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(shipps @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 07:44 AM)
Run Fat Boy Run was about as unfunny as it possibly could have been.Bad brit comedies are even worse than bad american comedies.Dont pay to see this movie,do yourself a favor.

I haven't seen it but I planned to. Did you like Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz? I enjoyed the hell out of both, so I figure it gives a good starting place for comparison.

Edited by pierard

QUOTE(pierard @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 03:12 PM)
I haven't seen it but I planned to. Did you like Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz? I enjoyed the hell out of both, so I figure it gives a good starting place for comparison.

Yes I liked both of those movies.All the jokes were predictable and cliche in this one.Bad.

I finally saw There Will Be Blood. I don't know whether I liked it or not, but I do know that the ending was completely awesome and everything I could have ever wanted from that movie.

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 01:56 AM)
I finally saw There Will Be Blood. I don't know whether I liked it or not, but I do know that the ending was completely awesome and everything I could have ever wanted from that movie.

That's exactly how I felt when it was over. All I knew was that Daniel Day-Lewis put in a f***ing great performance. That guy's the best actor going right now.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 01:30 AM)
That's exactly how I felt when it was over. All I knew was that Daniel Day-Lewis put in a f***ing great performance. That guy's the best actor going right now.

DD Lewis always makes a brilliant film or puts in a brilliant performance on a decent film, then dissappears for long periods of time until he feels the need to act again. I watched "In The Name of the Father" and was blown away by his performance. It was heartbreaking

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 08:28 AM)
DD Lewis always makes a brilliant film or puts in a brilliant performance on a decent film, then dissappears for long periods of time until he feels the need to act again. I watched "In The Name of the Father" and was blown away by his performance. It was heartbreaking

He is great,alot of times he stars in these ultimate bad ass masculine roles but in real life he is such a wussy.His role as "The Butcher" in the Gangs of New York is one of my all time favorite.

StreetKings was a pretty good movie,sort of a throw back to the 90"s action movies.Hugh Laurie did prove that he has no range whatsoever as an actor,he was Gregory House playing a detective.His delivery of the lines were exactly the way House would have said them.

I bought and watched Lars and the Real Girl yesterday. One of my favorite movies from last year. Great performances and very well written. Amazing that they not only pulled off a movie about a guy who falls in love with a sex doll but actually made it a really good film as well. And it wasn't really a laugh out loud type of comedy so don't expect that. There were a few funny moments but it was more dramatic than I originally had expected.

Ryan Gosling is really one of the better actors working today. Just watch Lars or Half Nelson for proof.

QUOTE (TheBlackSox8 @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 10:00 PM)
donnie darko was quality

southland tales is complete trash (and i do get what the movie was about and what the interpretations were)

Did you get to see the directors cut?