Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 3, 2007 -> 07:36 PM)
When did that hit the theaters ?

Yeah it's not out till the 17th, but I got the hook-ups to a cast and crew screening...

QUOTE(knightni @ Aug 4, 2007 -> 06:41 PM)
Just got back from Bourne Ultimatum.

It has one of the most suspenseful scenes I've seen in an action movie in quite awhile.

I recommend it highly.

Saw all the movies for the first time in the past two days--Identity last night and Supremacy and Ultimatum today. This series transitions incredibly well and the third was definitely the best. Great stuff.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 4, 2007 -> 10:09 PM)
Saw all the movies for the first time in the past two days--Identity last night and Supremacy and Ultimatum today. This series transitions incredibly well and the third was definitely the best. Great stuff.

As of right now, the movie has a 9.0 rating on IMDB.com. If it keeps that up, it'll be #3 on the top 250 movies of all time when it gets enough votes tallied.

Also, saw Hot Rod today. It was actually good. I thought it might've just had the few funny parts in the commercials, but it was much funnier than I expected. Ebert gave it a great review, too.

I finally saw Talladega Nights last night. As of right now I am pretty sure we have to make a new comedy category for the films that Ferrell and his gang are going to be making. Anchorman and that thing are quite unlike any other comedy, and I'm not sure how much I like them. They seem to exist in their own strange universe where everything is backwards.

Edited by Kid Gleason

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 08:44 AM)
Get Smart

I loved the show when i was a kid, I think Steve Carell is one of the funniest guys around, this couldnt be better for me. Check out the trailer/teaser

Ha. Used to watch it when I was home sick from school. Carell is perfect casting. Hope there is a lot of Anne Hathaway running.

The beads thing was good.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 04:41 PM)
Well the Bourne movie was awesome. I liked the first two, but this one was better. One of the most fast-paced, intense action movies I can remember seeing. Lots of fun. Highly recommended.

Agreed, just got back from it myself. I loved the first two films and was very pleased with those one. Just amazing that they can make a trilogy that actually stays just as good or improves throughout the films. That is a very amazing accomplishment.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 06:01 PM)
So, Kalapse and I are the only two who didn't think the Simpsons movie was hilarious? I thought it was "meh" at best.

The most surprising thing about the movie was the way the crowd took to the jokes. I just can't believe some of the things people will laugh at, I suppose the Simpsons name can make anything funny.

On an unrelated note I picked up Hot Fuzz this morning. God damn is that a terrific movie and even better seeing it for the second time. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are awesome as usual and Timothy Daulton is hilarious as the slasher (of prices of course.)

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 07:52 PM)
I still need to see Hot Fuzz. I almost bought it the other day as I know I'm going to love it.

Buy it. It's well worth the money, it's easily one of the best comedies I've ever seen.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 06:01 PM)
So, Kalapse and I are the only two who didn't think the Simpsons movie was hilarious? I thought it was "meh" at best.

I agree it was, for the most part, nothing special. It had a few very funny moments, but most of it was blah.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 07:35 PM)
The most surprising thing about the movie was the way the crowd took to the jokes. I just can't believe some of the things people will laugh at, I suppose the Simpsons name can make anything funny.

On an unrelated note I picked up Hot Fuzz this morning. God damn is that a terrific movie and even better seeing it for the second time. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are awesome as usual and Timothy Daulton is hilarious as the slasher (of prices of course.)

After dropping $9.50 for a movie, and another $15.00 on food, a lot of people have to fool themslves into thinking they're getting their money's worth.

My buddy is a huge old school Simpsons fan. He has soured on the show the past few years but still watches it. He was disappointed in the movie and like other was annoyed by the crowd he saw it with. They laughed at everything, even if it wasn't funny.