Official NFL Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 02:24 PM)
Actually I'm worried Snyder's really going to go after Jason Garrett, just to screw the Cowboys.

That's if the Ravens don't get him first.

Losing Ireland, Sparano and Garrett in 1 off-season, that would majorly hurt the Cowboys big time.

I doubt jerry lets garett get away and would fire old man phillips for garett if that were the case.

There was a big article from Chicago,bay area newspapers on the raiders pursuing the bears free agent WR Benard Berrian and the niners going after lance briggs. Are they worth the big pay day? They are both hometown guys as well from Nor cal close to the bay area.

what do you guys think of mike brown leaving as well? Do you guys think you'll pursue Culpepper?

QUOTE(A's fan @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 08:43 PM)
There was a big article from Chicago,bay area newspapers on the raiders pursuing the bears free agent WR Benard Berrian and the niners going after lance briggs. Are they worth the big pay day? They are both hometown guys as well from Nor cal close to the bay area.

what do you guys think of mike brown leaving as well? Do you guys think you'll pursue Culpepper?

I wouldnt be surprised if we lost Berrian and Briggs. Although, I know the Niners just spent a ton seemingly last off-season on f/a's so dont know their exact cap situation. As for Raiders pursuing Berrian, I dont see why they should invest that much money into an avg. WR. Although with a QB like yours you need a deep threat.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 06:51 PM)
I wouldnt be surprised if we lost Berrian and Briggs. Although, I know the Niners just spent a ton seemingly last off-season on f/a's so dont know their exact cap situation. As for Raiders pursuing Berrian, I dont see why they should invest that much money into an avg. WR. Although with a QB like yours you need a deep threat.

(on berrian)

well with my raiders they need someone bad to stretch the field. Ronald curry is a damn good possiesion WR and if he had a good enough QB could be a probowler.

I think we may swap you guys might get our EX WR jerry porter whos a FA and we get berrian.

The niners are still loaded they are a big team market and will spend on FA's(briggs, Isac spoanga) are there #1 priorities

The niners and raiders will have a lot of cap space this offseason so expect big things out of both.

I saw a quote that said jerry angelo thinks guys like rashed davis and hester can take over for berrian just fine and might better.

He also said he didnt want to tag benard.

How about mike brown? I have heard he may be pursued by the skins when they clear some space.

my raiders are close to extensions with aso, tommy kelly

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 07:06 PM)
Mike Brown is still under contract for next year to the best of my knowledge. Now because of his injuries I wouldnt be overly surprised if we cut him him. But, who knows at this point.

he's a FA this season bro which is your GM was looking toward life after him and maybe adam archleta as well.

As a raiders fan AA is a perfect fit for us

QUOTE(A's fan @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 07:20 PM)
your right I just found it here however angelo doesnt know if he wants to keep him

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...3&sport=NFL

Angelo is too smart to let him walk for nothing. He knows how good he can be when he's on the field...but he doesn't want to take a $2 million cap hit on him next year given that you can't count on his health, so this is maneuvering to try to talk Brown into reworking his contract.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 07:22 PM)
Angelo is too smart to let him walk for nothing. He knows how good he can be when he's on the field...but he doesn't want to take a $2 million cap hit on him next year given that you can't count on his health, so this is maneuvering to try to talk Brown into reworking his contract.

Agreed there I can see the skins making a play for him for a draft pick.

do you think there is any you guys sign any big name FA's?

I think culpepper would do good with you guys because if he has a good team around him I see playoffs.

QUOTE(A's fan @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 07:25 PM)
Agreed there I can see the skins making a play for him for a draft pick.

do you think there is any you guys sign any big name FA's?

I think culpepper would do good with you guys because if he has a good team around him I see playoffs.

If I were in that spot, I'd spend some money on one of the available O-Linemen. Beyond that, I wouldn't do so, except to try to hold onto Grossman, but honestly, I have no idea what Angelo will try to do there.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 07:27 PM)
If I were in that spot, I'd spend some money on one of the available O-Linemen. Beyond that, I wouldn't do so, except to try to hold onto Grossman, but honestly, I have no idea what Angelo will try to do there.

I think you guys will right your ship but I'm not sure rex is the answer for your franchise. I think a vetran like culpepper would put your team over the top along with a healthy bunch on defense and O-line. The vikes are one diemesinol, the lions are well the lions and rogers will be gone soon, the pack are riding high right now but once farve throws his picks they are done.

QUOTE(A's fan @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 09:32 PM)
I think you guys will right your ship but I'm not sure rex is the answer for your franchise. I think a vetran like culpepper would put your team over the top along with a healthy bunch on defense and O-line. The vikes are one diemesinol, the lions are well the lions and rogers will be gone soon, the pack are riding high right now but once farve throws his picks they are done.

Lol, sorry but Culpepper sucks and I want no part of him. I dont know if Rex is the answer or not... but Culpepper definitely isnt and I really want no part of him. We need to address O-Line first and foremost and hopefully keep Briggs would be ideal.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 07:54 PM)
Lol, sorry but Culpepper sucks and I want no part of him. I dont know if Rex is the answer or not... but Culpepper definitely isnt and I really want no part of him. We need to address O-Line first and foremost and hopefully keep Briggs would be ideal.

Honestly, if Grossman were to walk, I could think of worse options than taking a flyer on Culpepper.

Rex kicks the s*** out of all those options you are discussing. If the Bears don't bring Rex back, it better be because they got some steal in the 2nd round (ie Brohm falling to that pick) or because they were able to get McNabb for a 3rd or 4th rounder (and got him to restructure the contract to make it more cap friendly). Otherwise I don't see any good, semi realistic scenarios in which this team is better off letting Rex walk.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 10:35 PM)
Chris Simms I could understand, but I'd rather go Orton/Griese than Harrington.

Lol no way. Harrington gets a bad rep but he has had crap to deal with his entire career. Ideally Id like to bring back Grossman and just retool the O-Line. But if for some reason that doesnt happen id much prefer Simms, Harrington, or McNabb over what we have and Culpeper.

I dont think your going to get your hands on mcnabb and I think briggs is done with chi town.

Culpepper wasnt at all too bad and I think hes better then rex. Chris simms however Is a good qb who could win you guys a lot of games.

Culpepper did not look good from what I saw out of him this year. If the Eagles cut McNabb loose, that should be the top option at QB; otherwise, I'd take my chances on Rex or Orton.

They could also trade for Losman and help relieve some of that burden from the Bills. Not that Losman is any good or anything.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 11:46 PM)
Culpepper did not look good from what I saw out of him this year. If the Eagles cut McNabb loose, that should be the top option at QB; otherwise, I'd take my chances on Rex or Orton.

They could also trade for Losman and help relieve some of that burden from the Bills. Not that Losman is any good or anything.

Losmen reminds me a less trigger shy rex, simms is the best out there in my opinion. Mcnabb wont be cut lose and I watched all the raiders games this season pepper isn't to bad.

whats with the bonds sig?