Official NFL Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From PatsPulpit, under "ESPN's Tom Jackson: Clueless"

I'm watching NFL Countdown on ESPN. They're talking about Tom Brady and his place in history. Tom Jackson said that Brady is a great quarterback, but to be considered among the greatest, he will need to have seven Super Bowl wins. "Then come talk to me," Jackson said.

Seven? Why would Brady have to do almost double what any other quarterback has done ever?

Sounds like something a Colts fan would say.

-- -- Me: But what about this mountain of evidence?

-- -- Colts fan: Yeah, but I saw this poll.

I remember during the whole "Brady or Bledsoe" 'controversy' there were legions of people, fans and media (including local media), who thought Brady was mostly lucky, a beneficiary of an offensive line that "came together to protect the young kid" and other such nonsense. After New England beat St. Louis in Super Bowl XXXVI, a caller to WEEI said (and quite mockingly), "Yeah, I'm going to have to see this kid win a couple more of these things before I'm convinced he's a legitimate starter in the NFL."

Village idiot Ron Borges didn't buy it until after the third, and maybe not even then.

But now, with three Super Bowls, two Super Bowl MVPs, a perfect regular season, a plethora of single-season records, and a regular-season MVP (that's the short list), Tom Jackson still isn't sure.

Mr. Jackson, I'm not going to waste my time coming to talk to you now or ever -- especially if Brady wins seven Super Bowls.

I thought it was amusing. "They hate their coach!"

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 12, 2008 -> 06:14 PM)
Over 200 yards rushing for Grant - if anything, he buried those early fumbles in Grant's Tomb.

This has been a great game to watch!

yea i have to say i was awfully worried after they went down 14-0 5 minutes in, but the seahawks defense could not stop the packers offense all day. they absolutely picked yardage at will both in the air and on the ground. now lets go giants! and we get the NFC championship in lambeau

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jan 12, 2008 -> 08:37 PM)
I find myself feeling the same way about the Pats, that I feel about the Red Sox. I want the sky to rain anvils on their obnoxious fans.

I'm more tired of seeing shots of Robert Kraft after every god damn play clapping up in his box.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jan 12, 2008 -> 09:06 PM)
He is the most over exposed owner this side of Al Davis.

Yeah you would never see the Bears owner, plus she hardly goes to games ...

Hell I bet some people(around the NFL, maybe even in Illinois) know that our Owner is a lady .. heh

I didn't get to watch or listen to the second half -- I'm just glad they won. First half was a lot of fun to watch.

Looking forward to next week and everything that comes after.

This game is further proof, from what I've seen of the first-half and heard about the second, that NE can win in any way it has to, with whatever the defense gives it. No deep balls? Okay. Run and short throw.