Official NFL Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JFields27 @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 03:09 PM)
4th down .. nice job by the Colts ... The 2 minute comeback love in me has me cheering for the Colts .. plus I dont want to see a Billy Volek against the Pats next week, though it looks like Rivers will look ok

Not sure the COlts would have been in better shape w/o Harrison and their second best defensive player.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 03:22 PM)
I can't remember any NY or Boston fans booing a fourteen year old girl.

Sounds like Philly fans to me.

ChrisJerichoBurn.gif

Ya got me.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE(knightni @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 03:23 PM)
What's the difference between the Bears' season and the Colts' season?

About 12 draft spots.

:lol:

What's the difference between the Bears 2008 draft and the Colts' 2008 draft?

The Bears have one top 15 pick and need QB, RB, WR, OL

The Colts have some of the best in QB, RB, WR .. and have a late round pick and could add some OL, but will probably draft DB

:crying /Bearsfan

Edited by JFields27

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 03:23 PM)
ChrisJerichoBurn.gif

Ya got me.

I actually love Philly fans, but I might be the only one outside of Philly who does. I just love Philadelphia, from the Liberty Bell to the ECW Arena to all the crazy people in between.

But hey, some good ribbing.

I don't have any big problems with Colt fans. But I don't care for that coach, QB, team stadium owner history OR their advocates in the media and my Friend Circle telling me that they're going to go into NE and beat the Patriots in the playoffs. I was tired of Manning's forehead on my television commercials. I didn't like seeing Colts fans boo a 14 YO girl but I don't blame all Colts fans for that at all.

Truthfully, I'm breathing a little easier now that Indy's out, because they are dangerous but without Freeney I didn't think they'd beat NE, especially at Foxboro. NE was and is better, and better coached. But of course anything can happen.

I'm happy to know that the Patriots will be facing San Diego, if only because I love watching the Chargers lose unless it's against Indianapolis.

QUOTE(JFields27 @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 04:28 PM)
What's the difference between the Bears 2008 draft and the Colts' 2008 draft?

The Bears have one top 15 pick and need QB, RB, WR, OL

The Colts have some of the best in QB, RB, WR .. and have a late round pick and could add some OL, but will probably draft DB

:crying /Bearsfan

Actually; now that I look at it, it was 20 draft positions.

Plus SF has their pick.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 09:30 PM)
I actually love Philly fans, but I might be the only one outside of Philly who does. I just love Philadelphia, from the Liberty Bell to the ECW Arena to all the crazy people in between.

But hey, some good ribbing.

I don't have any big problems with Colt fans. But I don't care for that coach, QB, team stadium owner history OR their advocates in the media and my Friend Circle telling me that they're going to go into NE and beat the Patriots in the playoffs. I was tired of Manning's forehead on my television commercials. I didn't like seeing Colts fans boo a 14 YO girl but I don't blame all Colts fans for that at all.

Truthfully, I'm breathing a little easier now that Indy's out, because they are dangerous but without Freeney I didn't think they'd beat NE, especially at Foxboro. NE was and is better, and better coached. But of course anything can happen.

I'm happy to know that the Patriots will be facing San Diego, if only because I love watching the Chargers lose unless it's against Indianapolis.

Are you kidding me? Tony Dungy is one of the most classy individuals ANYWHERE, let alone just in football. But I'm sure Billy Belichick is god reincarnated.

I know this idea looks very bleak with Benson, but the Bears should really look into Julius Jones to be a Chicago Bear. He's a Free Agent after this postseason and after Barber got the start this week He was very mad with the decision. We have had his brother so why not get him heh. Seriously though, He will be 27 going into the season next year and I think he is a great back. For having to share his carries with Barber, He has excelled particularly with his 1000 yard year last season.

In 2005 with only 13 games played, with 257 attempts, rushed for 993. In 2006 16 games played, 10 more attempts with 267, rushed for 1084(and this was the first year with Barber). Now this season it has been a complete favor over Barber getting probably, and this is a guess probably 60-62% of most plays.

Basically what I am saying is I gave Benson a chance last season to shine with no TJ here, but he did not take advantage of his opportunities and decided to be a mope. Benson signed a 5 year 35 mil contact in 05, but the contract total is obviously a lot more and I think the backend of the deal is loaded more so I see getting rid of him will be hard. Angelo said he will have to fight for his job this year so lets bring in Jones let him battle with Benson then pull a Jack Del Rio and cut Benson.

Bears arent going to be able to afford J Jones and Benson.

Plus I dont see why he would even consider the bears after how they treated his brother.

Benson will be the starter and he will have to beat out Wolfe. They spent a 3rd rounder on him, so i doubt they are going to draft another first day half back this year.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 04:09 PM)
Are you kidding me? Tony Dungy is one of the most classy individuals ANYWHERE, let alone just in football. But I'm sure Billy Belichick is god reincarnated.

Well, strictly in football terms...yes.

:P

I didn't say he wasn't classy; I didn't say he was a monster. I don't care for him -- that's all I said.

QUOTE(JFields27 @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 04:22 PM)
I know this idea looks very bleak with Benson, but the Bears should really look into Julius Jones to be a Chicago Bear. He's a Free Agent after this postseason and after Barber got the start this week He was very mad with the decision. We have had his brother so why not get him heh. Seriously though, He will be 27 going into the season next year and I think he is a great back. For having to share his carries with Barber, He has excelled particularly with his 1000 yard year last season.

In 2005 with only 13 games played, with 257 attempts, rushed for 993. In 2006 16 games played, 10 more attempts with 267, rushed for 1084(and this was the first year with Barber). Now this season it has been a complete favor over Barber getting probably, and this is a guess probably 60-62% of most plays.

Basically what I am saying is I gave Benson a chance last season to shine with no TJ here, but he did not take advantage of his opportunities and decided to be a mope. Benson signed a 5 year 35 mil contact in 05, but the contract total is obviously a lot more and I think the backend of the deal is loaded more so I see getting rid of him will be hard. Angelo said he will have to fight for his job this year so lets bring in Jones let him battle with Benson then pull a Jack Del Rio and cut Benson.

In theory I would love this, but I doubt you could convince JJ to share carries with Benson the way his brother was forced to. JJ is pretty much of a clone of TJ, the offense worked at its best with TJ and Benson performing.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 09:56 AM)
And Julius Jones is not very good.

No he isn't. He's speedy, but very soft and goes down easily on contact.

Tied up at the half, very annoying to give up that late TD.

Barber's had a great game, need to keep pounding the ball and allow Romo to use to Playaction.

Our secondary certainly has issues against the pass though.

This could go either way.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 10:56 PM)
And Julius Jones is not very good.

Yep. Name for me any running back who would've done anything worth a damn this year behind the Bears offensive line. Add in the QB situation and our crap-ass offensive coordinator and really, it'd be tough to judge any running back given all those circumstances.

Before the Bears start talking about getting their "franchise QB" or "franchise RB", they best rebuild that offensive line or else you're going to see more 'failures' like Grossman and Benson.