Why do you still watch the Sox?

Jimbo's Drinker

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Jul 23, 2007 -> 04:09 PM)
duh looking for more substance

dont think anymore is needed....you stick with your team...thick and thin...wins and losses...i dont care about poorly they are doing i still root for them to win every day, because my day is a little bit better when they win....

I have no clue. I always say i'm not going to watch, but I end up watching anyway. Maybe it's some crazy love for the team. Maybe it's because my xbox just died. Maybe it's due to having nothing else to do. Point being, I have no idea why I watch, I just do.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Jul 23, 2007 -> 04:09 PM)
duh looking for more substance

"We must live", says the pastor in Igmar Bergman's Winter Light to a man contemplating suicide. "WHY must we live?" retorts the man. This question occupies a central place in the art and life of White Sox baseball, as indeed it should in the life of every human being. In answer to this question, the pastor in Winter Light says nothing and lowers his eyes, indicating in this way the impotence of faith to supply the answer to this most important question. The insistence on asking such simple, yet disquieting questions, which demand introspection and self-examination, is arguably the most valuable quality of Bergman's filmmaking. The questions are on a child's level - Why must we live? Who are we? Is there a God? - but as grown-ups many believe that they have already found the answers to them. It is only at the approach of death that such people begin to concern themselves once more with these questions. For we may find answers in the simple game of White Sox baseball...Thats why I still watch.

I like watching train wrecks. It's the same reason I watch police videos, there's going to be a good crash.

The Sox are the worst team in baseball this season and I find that just stunning coming off a WS two short years ago. So I watch, disbelieving that it can get worse. And it does.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Jul 23, 2007 -> 04:11 PM)
Cuz Im a diehard and they arent as bad as the Blackhawks and I watch them too

Well thats for sure, though the hawks are looking a little less sucky this year and actually have me interested because they are going to play toews sp? and kane.

But besides the blackhawks, the reason i still watch the sox is because i have to stick with my team, no matter how bad they are to watch. I know they suck, i can admit it and am fine with it because i accept the fact that we most likely will not win 75+ games this year. They are still my team and i am a diehard and i gotta stick with them, no matter what.

Edited by sayitaintso

I wanna know which players are performing poorly so when I get drunk at the Cell I know who DESERVES to get ridiculed instead of just always assuming its Boone Logan. These arent the days with Damaso Marte or even Jose Valentin when you knew you would always have somebody to taunt out there.

I still watch, but as time drags on and we sink further and further I start losing interest. I stopped watching last season for at least the last month.

I'd imagine I'll get tired of it pretty soon this year.

But I do want to see Buehrle pitch and I like Haeger too.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Jul 23, 2007 -> 04:08 PM)
Its obvious they suck, why are u still paying attentio?

I'll answer your question the same that I answer some guys at work. I am and always will be and remain a die hard Sox fan. When they win and have a great season, I have the time of my life. If they lose and do poorly, I'll go down with them till the end. If everyone else on the board cannot do the same, I can't but help question of how loyal of a Sox fan that you say you are.

As far as what else to watch? Anticipation of what moves take place. (Who leaves, who comes,), Watching upcoming hopefuls such as Charlie Haeger etc, and whoever else they give a chance. Heck, I just love the game of baseball PERIOD, and I'd rather watch and listen to announcers talk more about my home team than watch someone elses home team, and listen to their announcers talk about them all day.

LIVE! DIE! WIN! LOSE! SUCCEED! FAIL! I AM A SOX FAN! THEY ARE MY LIFELONG HOME TEAM