White Sox vs. Tigers, 7/24/07 (DH)Game 2(W)

vandy125

I'll throw it in there BigEd. :lolhitting

QUOTE(BigEdWalsh @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 04:14 PM)
OK. I've always wanted to start a game thread.

Virgil Vasquez? Are you kidding me, Jim Leyland? Who the **** is this clown? Doubleheader sweep, anyone?

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

this vazquez guy the tigers are throwing out there sucks balls. atleast he did against the twins. i'm gonna go out on a limb here...but i bet tonight's game has 20+ hits.

If Floyd has a future in the Sox rotation tonight would be a good time to show something positive. He has been less than impressive in previous stints in the bigs with the Phils and the one game we saw him pitch in a Sox uniform. I hope that we have someone here that can produce.

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 04:54 PM)
this vazquez guy the tigers are throwing out there sucks balls. atleast he did against the twins. i'm gonna go out on a limb here...but i bet tonight's game has 20+ hits.

I'll go out on the limb too and say that this game will be Toby Hall's finest White Sox moment. Not sure what that means, but there you have it.

:huh

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 06:29 PM)
Give em hell Gavin. Please. Would make trading Jose a lot easier.

just before game time....what would you guys be happy with out of floyd tonight? considering that tigers attack is a top 3 offense in the game, maybe the best, i kind of pencil in the "over under" at 5 IP 4 ER. Id be content with that start, anything better and im happy with his outing, anything worse and id be....maybe not disappointed cuz i dont expect him to do well, but disheartened...

Edited by daa84

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 05:12 PM)
just before game time....what would you guys be happy with out of floyd tonight? considering that tigers attack is a top 3 offense in the game, maybe the best, i kind of pencil in the "over under" at 5 IP 4 ER. Id be content with that start, anything better and im happy with his outing, anything worse and id be....maybe not disappointed cuz i dont expect him to do well, but disheartened...

I want to see a quality start. Anything less I count as a disappointment. Might tolerate 7+IP, 4 ER. Below that, I consider it a negative.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 06:12 PM)

I'll be happy with nothing less than a complete game shutout.

But really, if he gets through 5 with the Sox in the game, hopefully leading, I'll be happy. I got a hunch he may do well.

All of his pitches in his last emergency start looked incredibly hittable also. Right down the middle. He learned right off in the 1st inning that you can't make mistakes like he did and get out of the inning unscored on.

Of course having a catcher that can't throw out base runners don't help either.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 07:36 PM)
He just laid that last one right in there to Guillen. His fastball just looks incredibly hittable.

His fastball is located pretty low in the zone right now. His two seamer has some decent movement. His location on his fastball has been excellent for the most part in that inning. The reason it looks hittable right now, is that he hasnt gotten a curve over yet. He had a quick bitter that he threw to Sheff, that had him swing over. But he hasnt gotten the big bender to drop at all right now. If he gets that near the zone, his fastball in its currently location will be just fine. If he doesnt get his curve over and then elevates his fastball he will be in trouble. But the location he has had so far for the fastball has been excellent.

Why is pods on this team. A high schooler would of had a play at the plate. Its not like Sheff was ripping around 3rd. Pods received that ball charging and he wasnt that deep. His arm is very very sad.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 07:36 PM)
He just laid that last one right in there to Guillen. His fastball just looks incredibly hittable.

What is very strange about that is that his fastball was hitting 91-94 for the first two batters and then magically dropped into the high 80s. Very troubling. I have a feeling that this Vasquez kid is going to shut us out. That is what the Sox do whenever they see a pitcher for the first time.

Edited by southsida86

QUOTE(southsida86 @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 12:46 AM)
What is very strange about that is that his fastball was hitting 91-94 for the first two batters and then magically dropped into the high 80s. Very troubling.

I heard when we acquired him that he sucks out of the stretch, which in part is caused by his funky motion.