White Sox vs. Tigers, 7/24/07 (DH)Game 2(W)

vandy125

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 08:03 PM)
I love seeing Hall set up inside with a fastball to one of the best fastball hitters in history.

Take notice of his target that he puts up with the mitt. Instead of setting up on the black, his mitt is sitting right over the middle of the plate. If thats the target, no wonder his CERA is so high.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 08:00 PM)
At least we got Gio back. Nice effort Mack.

And if he fails?

I have to say, what we're witnessing from the Garcia and McCarthy returns is percisely why Williams has to pray any upcoming trades net us several major league prospects.

It's not enough to say, "oh, well we traded Brandon and got Danks. And Gonzalez/Floyd for an injured Garcia." The entire point of these deals was not to take the equivalent of one step backwards, one and half step forwards; but several steps forward. Make deals which provide several contributing pieces. I'm not exactly thrilled with the prospect of ultimately receiving two trades with a one-for-one result.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 01:04 AM)
Do we take the time to actually position our players to the way we are attacking the hitter. You are throwing in, on a fastball hitter who has quick bat speed. And we have our third baseman off the line.

That would require coaching. The actual strategy this team shows has deteriorated in a huge way since Nossek left.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 08:10 PM)
is charlie not available tonight? Someone's going to have to get floyd out of there soon.

Does it really matter. The season is lost. I would rather see Floyd for 6 innings and see if he learns and holds his own, or hides in a shell. Floyd is out of options next year. I want to see what he can do up here, not against the minors, and not against ST talent to see if he can learn something or is worthless.

I also want to see Richar, and Sweeney up soon. The prancer throw show is too much for me. If you are not going to lead him off, then DFA him or trade him.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 01:11 AM)
That's terrible for Fields to miss a flat 84 mph fastball.

I don't know where the "cut" was that Hawk refered to.

Fields really struggles with high fastballs so far in his career. That's one pitch I think he'll get better with.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 08:10 PM)
is charlie not available tonight? Someone's going to have to get floyd out of there soon.

He was warming in the afternoon game. I can only imagine he'll be up soon if runs continue crossing the board.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 08:11 PM)
That's terrible for Fields to miss a flat 84 mph fastball.

I don't know where the "cut" was that Hawk refered to.

This guys cutter is not a bat missing cutter. Someone or a group of people have failed our minor leaguers in preparing them to compete. Long looping home run cuts. Someone is teaching that, because every single hitter comes up with the same exact blueprint swing.