White Sox vs. Tigers, 7/25/07 (L)

vandy125

QUOTE(joejoedairy @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 10:08 PM)
Cant we put jose on the disabled list? he has to be disabled to pitch this badly this consistently

they won't before the trading deadline......afterwards i would think its a very good possibility....

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, Dealer Kenny better be in rull trade negotiations for our tradeable players. Because waiting till the last possible moment is not a good thing. There are a few players like Hu and all that we should be targettting. Its okay to ask for 3 prospects, but you need to have a plan for what you think you will get back. You dont want teams to swoop in, undercut you, and take something valuable away from you. There is a rumor that Grudz from the Royals is moving over to the Mets. This is a mlbtraderumors probably bulls*** trade and all, but how many teams really need a 2nd baseman. Waiting until the last minute on the trade deadline, will get us an old team next week and 90 to 100 losses. I at least want to see some of the kids play this summer, so we can see what we have. I dont want to see Pods and Erstad and Dye and Gooch on this team, if they arent coming back next year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 07:37 PM)
So, this is the first I'll say it this year, but we really have to improve our lineup against lefties next year. Hopefully Iguchi will be gone, as people don't realize how dreadful he is against LHP. Having Fields in there everyday will help.

Almost as bad as Thome.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 10:39 PM)
I think Hawk actually died during the world series parade, and this is a robot.

IF (INNINGS=4;HITS=

GOTO PITCHING

PITCHING: IF WALKS=>2;goto "TEACUP_AND_YELL" REPEAT 10 TIMES;

GOTO UMPS

IF SOX RUNS

ECHO "GABNUBIT, AL KALINE, MERCY, STRETCH"

:notworthy Funniest post I've read in years. SouthsideIrish is simply badass.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 10:19 PM)
At this point, Dealer Kenny better be in rull trade negotiations for our tradeable players. Because waiting till the last possible moment is not a good thing. There are a few players like Hu and all that we should be targettting. Its okay to ask for 3 prospects, but you need to have a plan for what you think you will get back. You dont want teams to swoop in, undercut you, and take something valuable away from you. There is a rumor that Grudz from the Royals is moving over to the Mets. This is a mlbtraderumors probably bulls*** trade and all, but how many teams really need a 2nd baseman. Waiting until the last minute on the trade deadline, will get us an old team next week and 90 to 100 losses. I at least want to see some of the kids play this summer, so we can see what we have. I dont want to see Pods and Erstad and Dye and Gooch on this team, if they arent coming back next year.

The thing is, Dye, Iguchi and Contreras' value isn't getting any lower at this point. And all is quiet on the trade front, so it's really best to wait it out at this point.

Edited by AirScott

QUOTE(AirScott @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 08:30 PM)
The thing is, Dye, Iguchi and Contreras' value isn't getting any lower at this point. And all is quiet on the trade front, so it's really best to wait it out at this point.

At this point Contreras may be worth just about nothing, but Dye has been hitting some home runs lately.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 10:30 PM)

for Iguchi, how many teams need a 2nd baseman. The Mets had an injury. Outside of that.

Dye can go for a bit, he has value.

the minute someone gives you anything including a bag of balls, or strike that, one ball used for Contreras you take it.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 10:30 PM)

We waited far to long to try and dump Contreras me thinks. We probably at least could have dumped him for a bag of balls 4-5 starts ago, now we're stuck with him for good. Waiting got Kenny in a lot of trouble with JC.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 03:40 AM)
Way to execute there. If the throw comes into home, they get him. But a lazy throw into 2nd. Then the trailer advances. Nice execution.

We're the poorest coached team in baseball. There's nothing fundamentally we do well. If Ozzie wants to stay around for as long as he says he does, he has to make some changes to the coaching staff.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 03:39 AM)
I have a feeling we're going to have to bad contract for bad contract in order to get rid of him.

I suggested Contreras for Jack Wilson, another bad contract. Would the Bucs do that trade straight up? I don't really like Wilson, but he's a strong defender and will give us a .300 OBP from SS (we haven't had that since 2004, Uribe's best year).

I suggested Contreras for Jack Wilson, another bad contract. Would the Bucs do that trade straight up? I don't really like Wilson, but he's a strong defender and will give us a .300 OBP from SS (we haven't had that since 2004, Uribe's best year).

I hate the idea of getting Jack Wilson, but that makes some sense finanically. Kick Uribe to the curb and not spend his $5 million on garage free agents and arbitration eligible players.

Well, JC is stuck here for a long while, and we're just going to have to deal with it. No one is going to pick up this damaged bit of goods right now. At th is point, DL him and get him rest, because he's obviously injured.