White Sox vs. Tigers, 7/25/07 (L)

vandy125

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 02:41 PM)
When is the last time we scored a run off Rogers?

The last earned run was July 20 of last year. The last run was August 12 of last year. The last win from Contreras came on June 18. Maybe things turn around...

order in the universe is restored.

i hope Rogers is not allowed to get on track today. For the love of god, take his weak ass s*** to right field.

this tigers team looks mighty different without guitar hero and rodney. Dumbrowski has to make a move to bolster that pen.

Lets hope for an awesome Contreras start, where he remembers to have his hand high, and no drop down. Here is to his fastball above 92, and his forkball dancing like a knuckler. If he can dominate tonight, it will give that glimmer of hope in some GM(Omar Minaya?) to take this guy on.

/praying and hoping for a miracle for Contreras's value.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 02:50 PM)
22 2/3 innings

If we had Rowand in our lineup we would score 30 runs against Rodgers. And then his best friend Chuck Norris could go into undercover mode as SouthPaw and ninja kick the pine tar out of Rodgers hand.

Ozzie better have at least 1 umpire check of Rogers's hand during tonights game.

Kenny "TAR" Rogers hasn't been the same this year. What is he, 47 years old? We're going to rock that sucker tonight!

i know it sounds crazy but contreras usually does well against the tigers. it's almost like how bobby jenks OWNS the tiggers.

Edited by DonnyDevito

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 03:13 PM)
Kenny "TAR" Rogers hasn't been the same this year. What is he, 47 years old? We're going to rock that sucker tonight!

i know it sounds crazy but contreras usually does well against the tigers. it's almost like how bobby jenks OWNS the tiggers.

Jose has allowed 12 earned runs over his last 12 IP vs the Tigers.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 02:52 PM)
If we had Rowand in our lineup we would score 30 runs against Rodgers. And then his best friend Chuck Norris could go into undercover mode as SouthPaw and ninja kick the pine tar out of Rodgers hand.

Ozzie better have at least 1 umpire check of Rogers's hand during tonights game.

So that other managers will do it to Buehrle or one of our relievers or someone? (I mention Buehrle, specifically, because he's on record as saying that he "won't wipe it off" if it somehow gets on his hand or glove and he also said, "If they get to use pinetar [hitters] why not pitchers?")

Beyond that, it's just well known that a bunch of pitchers cheat a little and you don't put someone else out like that unless you expect to be put out yourself.

Scouts have been looking at Contreras for over a month, one bad or good start tonight won't really change his value...some team will either want to acquire him for what they think they can do or they won't.

Same with Dye, he can go 0-4 or 4-4 with a HR and it's not going to change much in the scouts' eyes.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 04:13 PM)
Scouts have been looking at Contreras for over a month, one bad or good start tonight won't really change his value...some team will either want to acquire him for what they think they can do or they won't.

Same with Dye, he can go 0-4 or 4-4 with a HR and it's not going to change much in the scouts' eyes.

I would agree in the case of dye and most players but in joses case one last showcase that he still has velocity/stuff could never hurt. Clearly his trade value is almost entirely established.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 06:09 PM)
Gonzo, CF

Iguchi, 2B

Thome, DH

PK, 1B

Dye, RF

Fields, 3B

Pods, LF

Uribe, SS

Hall, C

Contreras, SP

Andy Gonzalez sucks. Why is he still on this team? He better head down when Grindy comes back.

And I thought Hall was concussed last nite?

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 06:13 PM)
Andy Gonzalez sucks. Why is he still on this team? He better head down when Grindy comes back.

And I thought Hall was concussed last nite?

what drives me up a wall is that he never takes ABs away from the one guy he should...uribe

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 06:18 PM)
what drives me up a wall is that he never takes ABs away from the one guy he should...uribe

That and his total lack of talent, or the fact that he plays the outfield, despite sucking in the outfield. At least he isn't horrible in the infield. At least I think that, but he never plays there.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 05:44 PM)
Does anybody else dread watching the games that Contreras starts?

Go Sox!

No, because I'm interested in another round of Guillen leaving in Contreras much too long and turning an acceptable start into a terrible one.