White Sox vs. Blue Jays, 7/27/07 (W)

briguy27

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 08:30 AM)
Please give Frank a big congratulatory ovation in his first ab for reaching the 500 homer mark. In fact, the Sox should do something special and stop the game for a minute to honor him since hit hit most of them while wearing the pale hose.

The crowd will probably make that happen on their own, just like last year.

I would if I were there.

Have a day, Jon. And feel free to stand up and clap a lot, guys in the crowd.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 09:22 AM)

As long as we win, Id be happy if Frank went yard every at bat.

I understand peoples fandom of former sox players, hell Frank is probably the best that I have ever seen on the southside. But being happy if he hit home runs off of your team, no matter what happens is a bit weird. I loved Maggs when he was here, he was one of my favorite players. When he faces us, I hope we strike him out every time and he goes into a series drought. The same with Frank. When he isn't playing our team, I hope he hits bombs and just terrorizes the league. But when he faces us, I hope we pin the hat trick on him, and shut him down the series. To me this is the same line of thinking, when we get people saying. Oh its 8-6 sox, now we have to get Bobby up, but the guy who just hit the bomb is on my fantasy league team, so all is well.

When players that leave the sox come to the cell, show them respect, give guys like Frank a cheer as he is a great great player. Too many of our fans think they have to boo some ex sox player, who moved on for whatever reason. However, once they get between the lines, then hope the sox get them out.

Edited by southsideirish71

Owens, CF

Cintron, 2b

Thome, DH

Dye, RF

Pierzynski, C

Fields, 3B

Podsednik, LF

Uribe, SS

Mackowiak, 1b

Garland, P

Johnson, LF

Zaun, C

Rios, RF

Glaus, 3B

Wells, CF

Thomas, DH

Hill, 2B

Stairs 1b (crap, he's still in the league!)

Clayton, SS (Him too?!)

Towers, P