Iguchi Traded to Phillies for RP/SP Michael Dubee

IlliniKrush

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 03:20 PM)
He is in the last year of his contract, hitting .250 with 6 HRs and 30 RBI, and is poor defensively. What were you expecting. Please tell me. Instead of jsut saying how bad it was, offer up something inteligent to the conversation.
You first.

Gooch will be missed. His daughter goes to the school I work for and he has been nothing but generous to us. He gave us autographed baseballs for an auction we had. He even ofered to take the ENTIRE SCHOOL to a White Sox game in September! I wonder if that is up in the air now. When asked if there was anything else he could do, the principal joked "well, we could use a new gym". They all laughed and Gooch said with a smirk on his face "we'll see what the next contract brings". He was a good guy, I hate to see him go. Too sad. :(

Thanks for that.. I always thought he was a very good guy and little things like this proves it.

That's it? The Phillies just lost their starting 2B and got the best available 2B on the market for a single A player. Wouldn't we have gotten more by just letting Iguchi walk?

(Note: I'm only on page 2, so maybe these things have been covered already)

Iguchi was my favorite player on the Sox.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 04:09 PM)
That's it? The Phillies just lost their starting 2B and got the best available 2B on the market for a single A player. Wouldn't we have gotten more by just letting Iguchi walk?

It seems the answer has been confirmed to be "No" we would not have gotten anything by letting Tad walk, due to the way contracts are constructed with Japanese Free Agents that allow them out of their contracts before they would have enough MLB Service time.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 06:09 PM)

1.) Do to a clause in Iguchi's contract the White Sox would not have received any comp picks for him had he walked.

2.) He's not the best 2B on the market, Mark Loretta (.297/.373/.390/.763) is probably going to be dealt and whoever gets him will be getting comp picks back when he walks at the end of the year.

I honestly havent had any problems with KW's trades with the Philly's. The Phill's seem to get our worn out hand-me-downs, we shouldnt comlpain when we dont get the world back for them. We got something.

And if anyone wants to start something about the Thome-Rowand trade. Eat it. That was a great trade. The mistake was not having a backup plan for BA/Sweeney/Owens. Mackoviac ('06) and Erstad ('07) are not back up plans for CF.

Well, all I can say is...good luck, Gooch. You will be remember for that Game 2 HR against Boston.

We basically gave him away for free. The only decent trade we've made with Philadelphia was getting Thome.

I guess now teams may be calling KW thinking they can steal Dye for basically nothing. Just pick a player from rookie ball and Kenny will take him.

Let's hope Richar pans out.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 06:34 PM)
Um, whoa. Who the hell is going to be our everyday 2B???

Fields is being moved to 2B, Konerko to 3B and Thome to 1B. I'd just like to be the first to welcome our new DH Jose Conseco back to the South Side!

It's pretty clear that there were no good offers out there. The fact that Kenny was the one who made the call to Gillick shows his desperation to ditch Iguchi. If there would have been a competing offer from the Mets, I'm sure Kenny would have used that to his advantage.

All we can do is hope that our scouts identified a guy who has the potential to reach our pen sometime next year.

That may have been the only deal anyone offerd for Iguchi and KW was going to take anything he could get for him. Plus, with the way the bullpen has been at the ML level, any minor league bullpen arm obtained is worth looking at.