White Sox vs. Yankees, 7/31/07 (L)

Just say NO to Andy Sisco, Nick Masset, David Aardsma and Dewon Day.

they already ruined our season.

Don't need to see them again.

The future of this rotation has to be either Floyd, Gio or Egbert, along with Buehrle, Garland, Vaz and Danks.

one of those young guys has to deliver.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jul 31, 2007 -> 07:27 PM)
because he's making $10 million a year.

Good send him and his limo down to Charlotte. I don't care if he is making a zillion dollars a year, the guy is not worth s*** right now. He can't get outs and has no use in any starting rotation.

Good send him and his limo down to Charlotte. I don't care if he is making a zillion dollars a year, the guy is not worth s*** right now. He can't get outs and has no use in any starting rotation.

i agree, but i can't recall seeing a player who makes $10 million + get demoted to AAA for sucking. Can you?

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jul 31, 2007 -> 07:30 PM)
i agree, but i can't recall seeing a player who makes $10 million + get demoted to AAA for sucking. Can you?

No, but has one making $10 million a year been this plum horrid? I'd love to see the research. :drink

They were laughing about Contreras on the Yankees' broadcast, saying the hitters had to be pleased that he wasn't traded and that they were going to get their chance against him tonight.

somebody, either O'Neil or Girardi, said that he was just pitching like a guy who had gotten old. No consistent arm angle. no velocity.

It's OVAH, Jose -- at least for this season.

Put him on the DL and find out if Floyd and Haeger can get anything done.

How tough is that for Williams and Guillen to figure out?

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jul 31, 2007 -> 07:30 PM)
We got two class A level prospects in trades for two pretty good major league players. Couldn't we at least get a little legaue player for Jose?

This is simply ridiculous

There is a kid on one of the little league teams where I coach and he is awesome. He's a great kid too, with a good head on his shoulders and is already a terrific switch hitter as a 12 year old. He won a game against us (the first time we played them) with a 2 run walkoff homer that cleared the fence by 40 feet.

His name is Jason, he is from Ithaca, NY...he is a little league catcher, pitcher, corner IF and any OF position...If you were to tell me Jose could be available for him I'd love for the White Sox to get Jason as a "sign and follow" prospect. Only thing is, I don't think the FOP little league team would accept Contreras.

Just shut Jose down for the rest of the year. This is getting to be ridiculous. His confidence is obviously shot, and his stuff just isn't there.

the stuff between his ears isn't there. he's a 42 year old Gavin Floyd with a huge contract and job security. How did this happen Kenny "BIG HEAD" Williams?!

Dreifort off the top of my head.

Hampton maybe, what about Denny Neagle?

All those guys got huge paydays and then sucked, Contreras wasnt the first and wont be the last.

(To answer who has been paid 10mil and sucked, and I only answered pitchers.)

Edited by Soxbadger

All those guys got huge paydays and then sucked, Contreras wont be the first or last.

They all got demonted to AAA?

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jul 31, 2007 -> 07:34 PM)

All those guys got huge paydays and then sucked, Contreras wont be the first or last.

So is it Neagle was crap....Hampton was crap....and Jose is crap, but at least he's our crap. Be proud of him. :bringit

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Jul 31, 2007 -> 11:34 PM)
There is a kid on one of the little league teams where I coach and he is awesome. He's a great kid too, with a good head on his shoulders and is already a terrific switch hitter as a 12 year old. He won a game against us (the first time we played them) with a 2 run walkoff homer that cleared the fence by 40 feet.

His name is Jason, he is from Ithaca, NY...he is a little league catcher, pitcher, corner IF and any OF position...If you were to tell me Jose could be available for him I'd love for the White Sox to get Jason as a "sign and follow" prospect. Only thing is, I don't think the FOP little league team would accept Contreras.

Maybe we could forge his birth certificate and they would take him :lol:

Edited by elrockinMT