White Sox vs. Yankees, 8/01/07 (L)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 02:26 AM)
7 hits allowed by Yankee pitching today, all 7 came from left handed hitters. It's a shame Ozzie "makes the f***ing lineup" today could have been a good day for Richar to face his first major league lefty starter.

What really irks me is that KW, Ozzie, Walker, and Cooper likely won't lose their jobs this offseason.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 02:29 AM)
You really believe all of them deserve to be canned?

No, sorry, should have worded that better. However, I honestly think one HAS to be fired, and think that there needs to be more personnel shuffle than just that. I'm beginning to wonder how KW is going to survive another season.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 08:26 PM)
Embarassing games for the Sox...it's disgusting to see how much the talent level on the big league team sucks.

If the talent on the major league team disgusts you, you should see our hitters at charlotte. I got to see them play a couple of games here against scranton when erstad and pods were there together. Has anyone seen their backup catcher Ryan Smith's career numbers? We really need some talent close to the majors and we have crap for position players anywhere higher than winston-salem. I'm in awe of all the pitching that this team constantly drafts and acquires via trades while completely ignoring trying to get an impact hitter. Paul Konerko and Jim Thome aren't getting any younger, and JD is not a long term solution.

QUOTE(soxfaninpa @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 10:04 PM)
If the talent on the major league team disgusts you, you should see our hitters at charlotte. I got to see them play a couple of games here against scranton when erstad and pods were there together. Has anyone seen their backup catcher Ryan Smith's career numbers? We really need some talent close to the majors and we have crap for position players anywhere higher than winston-salem. I'm in awe of all the pitching that this team constantly drafts and acquires via trades while completely ignoring trying to get an impact hitter. Paul Konerko and Jim Thome aren't getting any younger, and JD is not a long term solution.

Actually, Jim Thome is indeed getting younger. Not sure how it's happening but it is.

QUOTE(soxfaninpa @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 10:04 PM)

Which is why this upcoming offseason is incredibly important for the direction of this franchise. Yesterday's trading deadline was not a good start. We're not competing against divisional opponents with Single A pitching prospects.

Before April of 2008, Williams needs to trade several players with value -- and every prospect and/or positional player received needs to benefit this ballclub. I'm sorry for anyone who believes this is unreasonable, but that's the corner this team has back itself into.

We're void of cheap positional players, and several key components -- such as Thome, Pierzynski, Garland -- won't be here for too much longer. Replacements will be needed eventually, and I'm not exactly confident we'll produce these replacements (aside from SP).