Adam Ricks promoted to Charlotte

Heads22

WTF? Ricks' numbers weren't even that good at W-S. Why skip over Lucy?

Of course, Ricks is playing 3B tonight, not catcher, so maybe there is something else up. Or maybe they want Wiki to get starter time at Charlotte, and Ricks will be the backup C. Or maybe they want Ricks to go back to being a 3B? Who knows. Some of these moves just seem odd to me.

ETA: MILB's site is screwed up. Where did you read this anyway? Just curious.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 08:53 PM)
WTF? Ricks' numbers weren't even that good at W-S. Why skip over Lucy?

Of course, Ricks is playing 3B tonight, not catcher, so maybe there is something else up. Or maybe they want Wiki to get starter time at Charlotte, and Ricks will be the backup C. Or maybe they want Ricks to go back to being a 3B? Who knows. Some of these moves just seem odd to me.

ETA: MILB's site is screwed up. Where did you read this anyway? Just curious.

He just showed up on their roster.

QUOTE(BB2ZZ @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 07:01 PM)
Lucy got called up to Charlotte today along with another Baron.

Sure would be nice to get a press release on moves they make, especially AFTER they make them!!

:drink

Where are you finding this info? I'd love to know the source. Can't find it anywhere. I assume the other player is Collaro?

So, now the Knights have 4 catcher. But, Ricks is playing 3B today, and the starting catcher is some dude named Ryan Smith who is hitting .108 (and who has started the last two games).

WTF is going on down there?

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 07:36 PM)
Where are you finding this info? I'd love to know the source. Can't find it anywhere. I assume the other player is Collaro?

So, now the Knights have 4 catcher. But, Ricks is playing 3B today, and the starting catcher is some dude named Ryan Smith who is hitting .108 (and who has started the last two games).

WTF is going on down there?

An OF would make sense.

Ricks is a utility dude. He's listed as catcher but can play 3B and 2B as well.

This article details some more personnel moves...

--Ricks is going back to W-S today after spot duty with Charlotte

--Kyle McCulloch (SP), Cole Armstrong © and David Cook (OF) are all being promoted to Birmingham (AA)

The latter set of moves seems to confirm earlier rumors that Lucy and Collaro are being promoted to Charlotte (AAA), but the starting pitching move indicates that maybe one of the B-Ham starters is going to Charlotte as well (perhaps Eggy? Heads, are you there?).

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 3, 2007 -> 07:39 AM)
This article details some more personnel moves...

--Ricks is going back to W-S today after spot duty with Charlotte

--Kyle McCulloch (SP), Cole Armstrong © and David Cook (OF) are all being promoted to Birmingham (AA)

The latter set of moves seems to confirm earlier rumors that Lucy and Collaro are being promoted to Charlotte (AAA), but the starting pitching move indicates that maybe one of the B-Ham starters is going to Charlotte as well (perhaps Eggy? Heads, are you there?).

McCulloch will be filling a hole in the Barons rotation. Haeger was sent back down to Charlotte, so he should fill the hole in their roation.