White Sox vs. Yankees, 8/02/07 (W)

Kalapse

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 01:12 PM)
Enjoy The Big A. Great stadium. I've been to 12 stadiums, and it's my 3rd favorite.

That was my subquestion, though don't want to hijack the thread. How are the parks? It appears Dodger Stadium will be the low point, only because of its age. Petco looks sweet. Do I really need a Dodger Dog?

That was my subquestion, though don't want to hijack the thread. How are the parks? It appears Dodger Stadium will be the low point, only because of its age. Petco looks sweet. Do I really need a Dodger Dog?

I've heard Petco is great. I've heard Dodger Stadium is nice, but old- like Kauffman if you've ever been there. I've also heard Dodger Dogs are over-rated (according to Bill Plaschke)

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 01:05 PM)
Lets be honest, the outcomes of these games just really don't matter anymore. It is an absolute JOKE that we're forced to watch completely useless AAAA pieces of s*** like Darin Erstad, Scott Podsednik and Alex Cintron. I truly hate the way this team is run.

I agree, but those guys are going play 10-15% of the remaining games. Ozzie isn't just going to let them sit on the bench for the next 55 games. So as long as they only get in once in a while. I'm ok with it. Hopefully this is just the "once in a while" days

Gameday was stuck again so I managed to get over to CBS sportsline and see Garland gave up at least 4 runs in the bottom of the 2nd. The Yankmees are able to get right back into this thing. Unbelievable

You know when a guy with a .230 BA (Betemit) is hittin' 420+ foot shots, you suck.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 01:17 PM)
I agree, but those guys are going play 10-15% of the remaining games. Ozzie isn't just going to let them sit on the bench for the next 55 games. So as long as they only get in once in a while. I'm ok with it. Hopefully this is just the "once in a while" days

3 of the last 4 games we've seen one of Richar or Fields benched in favor of a scrub, there's no reason for this. They are in their mid 20's they can play everyday, Cintron, Erstad and Podsednik need to be released, I can't think of a single reason for why they would be retained for the remainder of the season, not a one.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 06:14 PM)
Am I totally out of line to suggest this game isn't a slam dunk win for the Sox? Anyways, I can't believe that no one offered more for Dye. He would have been a huge boost for a team during the final 2 months.

I am hoping we keep Dye and sign him to an extension. He is a good hitter and now he is healthy and hopefully continues to contribute

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 01:23 PM)
You know when a guy with a .230 BA (Betemit) is hittin' 420+ foot shots, you suck.

Wilson Betemit is a damn good player, huge power potential. He has an .833 OPS this year, how many guys on the Sox are anywhere near that?

JG gives up a 7th hit and now it 8-5. What the heck is wrong here?

I've been wondering that this whole season. I think we were so lucky in '05 that karma is repaying us in 2007.

Edited by DonnyDevito