White Sox vs. Yankees, 8/02/07 (W)

Kalapse

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 05:01 PM)
Should of traded Garland he has been terrible lately!

I was extremely upset after watching Garland's bedwetting in the second inning. I've been persistent for over a month that either him or Vazquez needed to go; moreso for Garland because of his proximity to free agency.

This is percisely why you had to trade him. You can't predict what happens tomorrow. No, Garland won't give up 8 runs every start; but neither is it very reasonable to expect he'll come close to matching early season success.

What happens entering this offseason if his overall statistics gradually decline? Will the excuse be, "oh, who's going to give up anything of value for one year of Garland." I'm not having any of it. I don't care whether teams overvalue prospects, one and a half years of Garland would have brought us back quite a haul. I'm sure, even without proof, that Williams held out because he was looking for something extroadinary. It may ultimately be another failure of his looking back next season.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 06:21 PM)
The bullpen went 7.+ innings and gave up 1 run. That was real nice to see.

MacDaddy looked real good... I'm glad to see that cause I'm a big fan of his and he is a key part to the bullpen.