White Sox vs. Tigers, 8/03/07 (W)

I am glad that certain Ozzie rules only apply to non grinders. Since Ozzie has been here, we have seen when a person leaves the game with an injury or cannot go, he gets the next game off as a precaution. But I guess if one is the bestest baseball player in the world according to Ozzie, he must play no matter what.

And what in the name of all that is holy is Ozzies toy doing in CF.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AirScott @ Aug 3, 2007 -> 08:09 PM)
A 10-pitch at-bat and his walk rate make me thing Andy Gonzalez will be a good player...just not in center field.

If he can learn to play a little catcher as well as work on his fielding at all 7 other positions (not pitcher although), then I wouldn't mind having him on the bench. If you ask me, it is very valueable if you could have someone who can play all 8 regular positions.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Aug 3, 2007 -> 08:14 PM)
If he can learn to play a little catcher as well as work on his fielding at all 7 other positions (not pitcher although), then I wouldn't mind having him on the bench. If you ask me, it is very valueable if you could have someone who can play all 8 regular positions.

Not if he sucks.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 3, 2007 -> 08:24 PM)
Not if he sucks.

well, I know he sucks... but at least he has some plate discipline. Maybe, just maybe, he could hit above .200 with a little pop from the rightside of the plate from off the bench.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Aug 3, 2007 -> 08:26 PM)
well, I know he sucks... but at least he has some plate discipline. Maybe, just maybe, he could hit above .200 with a little pop from the rightside of the plate from off the bench.

And I don't want him on our bench, because on Ozzie's team he'd find way too many starts, especially woefully out of position, as he is now.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Aug 3, 2007 -> 08:26 PM)

The problem with it is, that Ozzie doesnt know he sucks and will overplay him. Every year Ozzie gets some guy he overuses, his designated Toy. And he feels that this toy is something that the lineup needs.

They just showed another reason, that Andy shouldnt be out in CF. A basic fly ball to center field confused Andy, he started to break then recovered. Then Hawk of course blows him, talking about how we found something special with Andy. Hawk seriously needs to go.