White Sox vs. Tigers, 8/04/07 (W)

max power

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Aug 4, 2007 -> 07:15 PM)
Sure, their pitching is bad. But now that Jose is out of the rotation, and Garland's bump in the road is hopefully over, we could go back to normal. Obviously, never will we be back to 2005-esque, but I want to make a run, and not give up. If we end 6 or 7 out, that would be nice, and we'd know they didn't just quit on us. I don't expect them to make it into 1st, and go all the way, but to not give up would be a plus.

And I want Dye to hit like he has been if we are making a real shot at first. If not, then he should just stop trying. I want Sweeney in RF next year, anyways.

Garland's last outing was maybe the worst of his career. Contreras was replaced by Gavin Floyd.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 4, 2007 -> 07:14 PM)
How many teams did Cleveland have to jump in 05. They just got absolutely pummelled in a 3 game series with the Yanks. We win one game, and have a good start in another and we get silly, the fuse is lit crap. Its one thing to be optimistic, its another to have lost contact with reality.

We are talking about near 800 ball for the rest of the year to possibly win.

nah .750, either way they would have to get ridiculously hot

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Aug 4, 2007 -> 07:15 PM)
Sure, their pitching is bad. But now that Jose is out of the rotation, and Garland's bump in the road is hopefully over, we could go back to normal. Obviously, never will we be back to 2005-esque, but I want to make a run, and not give up. If we end 6 or 7 out, that would be nice, and we'd know they didn't just quit on us. I don't expect them to make it into 1st, and go all the way, but to not give up would be a plus.

And I want Dye to hit like he has been if we are making a real shot at first. If not, then he should just stop trying. I want Sweeney in RF next year, anyways.

Eesh.. I'll just comment on one thing. Do you expect Floyd to be better then Jose?

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 12:19 AM)
Like I said, you're right, Fathom. I was just trying to think of things that, in reality, are improbabilites.

It's fine, if you can be that optimistic, then you'll enjoy life/sports a whole lot.

QUOTE(JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Aug 4, 2007 -> 07:21 PM)
this team is scary if this offense keeps clicking and the bullpen finds remnants of success from guys like macD and thornton

It would of been better if they all decided not to suck for most of the year.

Slugfest night. Contreras debut out of the pen tonight?

For those sick of Floyd, I got this in an email about Egbert tonight.

n terms of makeup, he's outstanding. Certainly wise and mature beyond his years. He's a great guy to be around, and his teammates love him. He doesn't get rattled by a bad outing, and with his Jersey upbringing, he won't be surprised by how cold post-season baseball is in Chicago!

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 4, 2007 -> 07:27 PM)
Slugfest night. Contreras debut out of the pen tonight?

For those sick of Floyd, I got this in an email about Egbert tonight.

Have you figured out where you are going to frame the "keepsake" first pitch panoramic shot that you get when Eggy gets called up.